Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1491636 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Asteroid on ksc dome
imgur.com/a/XGNKi
Does that make it the Dome of the Rock? [/badumtish]

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Physics is limited to 2km, which you all seem to have forgotten.
That's a minor issue. It's the doing, not the being-done.

Danny tried something like this before. Guess what happened.
The "planet-destroyer debris belt"?

Asteroid on ksc dome
imgur.com/a/XGNKi
Does that make it the Dome of the Rock? [/badumtish]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something very interesting occurred with my old career save.  I wish I had a backup so I could try to repeat this behavior, but it looks like there are the beginnings of an economy partially implemented in the game:

The new parts added in this patch were already unlocked in my existing career mode game, as I had already researched the areas that they belong to.  BUT, when I tried to build rockets with them i found them GREYED OUT and it told me that they had to be PURCHASED from the research building.

When I went to the research building, I found that I could click on the new parts and then purchase them for their listed price.  I didnt actually have any funds displayed anywhere, and there was seemingly no limit to what I was able to buy, so I just bought them all.

I started a fresh clean new career game, and I seemed to automatically unlock all parts as I researched them -- but I have not yet unlocked any of the areas that have the new parts in them so I cant be sure how it works.

Has this happened to anyone else?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It happened to me right after I installed some new mods.

As far as I can guess, when you unlock techs you unlock all parts in that tech, but you don't automatically get new parts put into those techs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Puke
You gotta go to the research screen, select the node the parts belong to, and unlock the parts individually.

My first asteroid brought into LKO:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am planning to make a huge space station, collecting asteroids.
How many?
All of them!

Ps. God damn Imgur! stop changing the field I need to copy to link images!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I moved my potato onto one of the helipads on the VAB, I'm not sure what to do with it.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get Hooligan Labs airship parts and take the asteroid on a trip around Kerbin.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rewatching one of Danny's videos gave me an idea.

Would it be possible to create drop pods that, a la 40k space marines, can reliably survive a fall from orbit without using parachutes or winglets?
Sig

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rewatching one of Danny's videos gave me an idea.

Would it be possible to create drop pods that, a la 40k space marines, can reliably survive a fall from orbit without using parachutes or winglets?
Well i believe the asteroid can survive the impact, but i think anything attached to it would blow up due to the Extreme G endure during instanteous stop of the vehicule.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can use debug to do it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bet you could make an intercept vehicle that included several sub-vehicles that detached from the mothership to mount parachute clusters onto an asteroid, and bring it down soft enough to preserve the attached vehicles.

unrelated, I just saw this kickstarter linked from the KSP G+ community.  Probably relevant to your interests, if you're reading this thread:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4gency/habitat-a-thousand-generations-in-orbit

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

$50,000? HAH. Someone is going to run out of money way before finishing.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

BUT DOES IT HAVE FULL 3D FIZZYKS
/internetspeak

To be serious, this game looks awesome.
*Sighs wistfully, daydreaming of impaling enemies with Lady Liberty's spiky head.*
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I think the real challenge now is to get an asteroid BACK into orbit.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

UPDATE:

Thanks to Scott Manley, I have successfully achieved orbit!
...by copying his exact design, but success is success.

EDIT UPDATE:

-Science JR. Report: check.
-Mystery Goo Reports: already have them, so check(?)
-Crew Report: already have.
-EVA Report: check.
-Landing: check.
-Glitchy terrain: check.
-Jumping to get out of glitchy terrain: check.
-dead Kerbal: check.

i was so close to getting a surface sample ;-;
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:28:33 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 848