Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1491185 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8310 on: February 26, 2014, 02:47:36 pm »

Just click and drag the icons on the right.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8311 on: February 26, 2014, 03:02:10 pm »

Just click and drag the icons on the right.

drag to where?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: February 26, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »

The other header numbers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: February 26, 2014, 03:44:16 pm »

I've been rereading the xkcd archives backwards, and came across this a while back.

Sounds like the Kerbal engineers designed a Munar rocket.

((I knew there was somewhere I could post this that justified keeping it open in another tab!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #8314 on: February 26, 2014, 03:49:25 pm »

The alt-text for that is about 80% of all my launches in this game :P

Also I recently started playing with the Realistic Tech Tree Lite. I dunno why, but there's something satisfying about getting probes before manned and actually sending probes to the Mun, Minmus and such before daring to send a Kerbal. It feels more...sciency.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: February 26, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »

Agreed. The vanilla way feels a bit backward. Though, I can't get any mods to work at the moment.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: February 26, 2014, 04:37:44 pm »

For some reason training and scenarios don't work for me, I press the button but nothing happens.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: February 26, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »

I've been rereading the xkcd archives backwards, and came across this a while back.

((I knew there was somewhere I could post this that justified keeping it open in another tab!))
I have that as a poster in my room.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: February 27, 2014, 09:19:25 am »

I have that as a poster in my room.
Neat. Not the xkcd I'd put in my room*, but it's neat nonetheless.
*I'm not sure which one I would want--maybe the scrolling one?--but it wouldn't be one where stuff was described with the ten hundred words people use most often.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: February 28, 2014, 05:08:51 pm »

GAHHHH

So after a ridiculous number of failed attempts, I finally get the Hecate version III up to the moon and back, unlike versions I and II which just got stranded and/or blew up after falling over (seriously, landing would be easy-peasy if it would just STAHP FALLIN DOWN)

But anyway, get it splashed in the water, recover it, get mah science and then I realize that I didn't throttle down the engines before recovering, so the mission from MISSION CONTROLLER DIDN'T COMPLETE, SO I EARNED NO MUNNIES.

GOD DAMMIT IT IS SO HARD TO REMEMBER THAT SHIT.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: February 28, 2014, 08:15:32 pm »

Thats why mods with that guff stink!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: February 28, 2014, 09:07:26 pm »

Yeah, I stopped using that one because of how finicky it was with that stuff. "What? You forgot to hit Finished when you landed? Well screw you then, you're now broke."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: February 28, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »

Yeah, I stopped using that one because of how finicky it was with that stuff. "What? You forgot to hit Finished when you landed? Well screw you then, you're now broke."

Not just broke, but in the negative with no way of recovering because you owe interest for missions that have no or slim profits.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: February 28, 2014, 11:45:48 pm »

Am I the only one who finds career mode a bit to... hard?
It seems like I have to grind science for days if I want to do anything interesting, and my rocker designs are horrible...
Maybe you shouldn't make any kind of chair. Or musician. Or musical chair.

Now, I shall use this science to make something awesome!
Suggestions? I can send pics of my tech tree.
Ion/Jet hybrid SSTO?
Sig

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: February 28, 2014, 11:47:06 pm »

Am I the only one who finds career mode a bit to... hard?
It seems like I have to grind science for days if I want to do anything interesting, and my rocker designs are horrible...
Maybe you shouldn't make any kind of chair. Or musician. Or musical chair.

Musical rocking chairs... Sounds dangerous... Sounds..... Kerbal
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 848