Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490331 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7515 on: December 02, 2013, 06:54:57 pm »

they move relative to each other because they have different orbits - effect enhanced by the orbits being so small.

but seems like you formed your opinion so meh.
That's exactly the same reason as mine, just from Kerbin's point of reference instead of the crafts' points.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7516 on: December 02, 2013, 11:31:12 pm »

I'm thinking about making an orbital missile battery using stock parts.

I will let y'all know how it goes.
It went so fucking terribly.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: December 03, 2013, 01:31:35 am »

Got a screenie of the carnage?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #7518 on: December 03, 2013, 03:33:48 pm »

I have successfully constructed a functioning rover IN A CAVE, WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS entirely out of KAS-grabbable parts.

(Tubes are from Bavarian Aerospace.)
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: December 04, 2013, 07:59:48 am »

Got a screenie of the carnage?
Nah. I usually don't take screenshots except for when I'm doing succession games.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:31 pm »

KSP 0.23 is in experimentals! The average time between experimentals and release is nine days, and guess what's in nine days? Kerbalkon. Coincidence? I think not.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: December 04, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »

I made a module full of escape pods for my MKO space station. Then I hopped into one and landed it on the Mun, with barely enough RCS fuel left to make it back to Mun orbit. So I threw together a refueling mission and refueled the escape pod, then sent it back to the space station and docked there again. Next I'll put another similar space station around the Mun so I can simply use the escape pods to refuel each other.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: December 04, 2013, 03:56:08 pm »

KSP 0.23 is in experimentals! The average time between experimentals and release is nine days, and guess what's in nine days? Kerbalkon. Coincidence? I think not.

What is good in the new update, besides transmission rebalancing?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: December 04, 2013, 04:38:16 pm »

God dammit, so much for the modding I wanted to make.
I'll wait a bit I guess.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: December 04, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »

What is good in the new update, besides transmission rebalancing?

Better tooltips that don't fill the whole screen in some cases.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: December 04, 2013, 06:51:21 pm »

And you can right click to tune parts in the vab/sph.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7526 on: December 04, 2013, 08:59:40 pm »

tune how?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: December 04, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »

tune how?
Like tweaking how far engine gimballing is allowed, probably limit some engines to a percentage of their thrust, stuff like that.  Generally "the part should be able to do X in real life, now there's an interface for that in KSP."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7528 on: December 04, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »

tune how?
Like tweaking how far engine gimballing is allowed, probably limit some engines to a percentage of their thrust, stuff like that.  Generally "the part should be able to do X in real life, now there's an interface for that in KSP."
I can only imagine what the modders will do with this. Modular fuel system mod already does that to some extent but iirc its a bit hacky.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7529 on: December 05, 2013, 08:20:06 am »

Been playing a bit with FAR installed. I've found that my normal designs are waaay too top heavy and I've started putting my payload on the bottom or in the middle of the rocket... looks odd but it works very well.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 848