Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489858 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I have a question: I'm planning on doing a manned mission to Eve next, but I don't want to leave any kerbals on the gorund indefinitely. So, how can I get enough fuel to Eve on a lander to escape the atmosphere again? I've already developed a no-returns lander in sandbox that can make it there and land semi-successfully, but the lander has no feasible way to escape Eve again.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a question: I'm planning on doing a manned mission to Eve next, but I don't want to leave any kerbals on the gorund indefinitely. So, how can I get enough fuel to Eve on a lander to escape the atmosphere again? I've already developed a no-returns lander in sandbox that can make it there and land semi-successfully, but the lander has no feasible way to escape Eve again.

you need to land on the plateau. atmosphere is significantly less dense there. bring some aerospikes if you manage

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Has anyone made a Solar System mod? Earth, the Moon, Mars, Venus, Jupitor and it's moons, Asteroid Belt, Mercury, Saturn/moons, Neptune, Pluto?

And/or anyone modded the other planets to have biomes?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

There is a mod in the works to make the kerbin system more realistic and match real world proportions. (aka 9000+ deltav to orbit)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Has anyone made a Solar System mod? Earth, the Moon, Mars, Venus, Jupitor and it's moons, Asteroid Belt, Mercury, Saturn/moons, Neptune, Pluto?

And/or anyone modded the other planets to have biomes?

From what I've heard, planet modding is a bitch.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I've heard there are 2 ways, both ridiculously hard:

-Decompile/Recompile the game, difficult and illegal, but stable

-Some more esoteric way, even more difficult and unstable, but legal.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Can someone please confirm that the communotron 16 is the best antenna in terms of energy efficiency?
It seems a bit strange that anyone would use anything else given that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Can someone please confirm that the communotron 16 is the best antenna in terms of energy efficiency?
Technically it's not as fast, but it's definitely the most power efficient. Antennas seems to be balanced like they didn't realize that A) power would end up being the limiting factor on pretty much every craft and B) there's no reason to to spend a bunch of power trying to shave a couple seconds off of your transmit time.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Yeah, Communotron 16 sends data most energy-efficiently.

However, it is fairly slow. The large dish antenna is over twice as fast. If you've electricity to spare and need to send 200+ Mits of data...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Considering time warp and it only takes a few seconds anyways, there's not a big deal...  If they had skylabs, and sending data took hours and could be trickled in, or if data could be sent more completely and not waste bits, then yeah sure.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I always use that as my primary transmitter, but I always have a backup in the form of the second one that is unlocked.  You never know when a mission will go to hell and your controlled landing turns into a wild tumble that tears half your equipment off.  And the communotron protrudes out way too much to have a chance of surviving.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've switched to using four to five C-16s, so I can transmit as much data as possible at once.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Yeah, Communotron 16 sends data most energy-efficiently.

However, it is fairly slow. The large dish antenna is over twice as fast. If you've electricity to spare and need to send 200+ Mits of data...
With the 88-88 that would be 2000 units of power spare. I don't think anyone ever has that much to spare. Especially since antenna are mostly used on probes, which have to be kept lightweight.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I always have a couple of 1000s attached, since I'm usually sending very large probes out with large things. I just send multiple sciences.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 848