Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489556 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Replace the orange tank with two of the smaller tanks (which add up to the size of the orange tank). Due to the orange tank's size, it's very unstable.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it is kind of terrible how parachutes disappear as soon as you touch/splash down.
Aestetically, or functionally? Because you can go EVA and repack them.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to build a superheavy rocket that can launch at least one big orange fuel tank into space, but despite all my precautions, the upper stage keeps falling off the rocket on the launchpad. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

What does it say about me, that I recently put 7 full orange tanks into orbit and was disappointed?

But yeah, more struts and more asparagus. The way KSP works is that a tall rocket is a bad rocket, you wonna model your designs after pancakes with one of those waffle sticks sticking up.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Wow. Science.

I was really starved for more science, as the only thing I could do was orbiting Kerbin (crewed) or orbit Mun (probe). I then decided to take some ground samples near the launch pad. +50 science. Enough to get me solar panels.

One powered probe flight later and I have almost 1k science o.O

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yeah just landing people around kerbin can give you a lot. I wonder if you get bonus science for experiments done near anomalies...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Tall and thin is bad, short and fat is also bad.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah just landing people around kerbin can give you a lot. I wonder if you get bonus science for experiments done near anomalies...
Landing at the ice caps definitely give a nice bit of science.

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile

Anyone know whether the devs are planning to add a way to build colonies on planets, that'd be pretty cool.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, resources are coming soon, perhaps next update.
Highly Opinionated Fool

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Anyone know whether the devs are planning to add a way to build colonies on planets, that'd be pretty cool.
People are already doing this, there's just currently no real point unless you add one of the mods that put in some resources.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

I wonder as well. kraken sample anyone?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think thats how it works.
Highly Opinionated Fool

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I dont think thats how it works.
Have you tried? You get different science depending on what biome you're in on kerbin, after all. Maybe they made small 'biomes' around the anomalies?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the official statement has been that there are currently no biome maps for anywhere except the Mun and Kerbin, but that they will be added at some point.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I think the official statement has been that there are currently no biome maps for anywhere except the Mun and Kerbin, but that they will be added at some point.
Okay.. but there are anomalies on the mun and on kerbin.

I need to go find one.
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 848