Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490686 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5400 on: September 19, 2013, 10:38:09 pm »

ARGH. They are updating the forum, and the Kethane mod doesn't have a mirror! Well, not one that I trust.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5401 on: September 19, 2013, 10:50:25 pm »

any lander I made to return from eve with the required huge dV is aerodynamically unstable and flips violently at 10km from the surface.
For those, the lander is generally a small part that detaches, goes down, comes back into orbit, and re-attaches to take the kerbonauts home.  You don't land the whole rocket.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: September 20, 2013, 05:34:55 am »

remember, there is no such thing as failing your primary objectives. there is only the realization that your original interpretation of your primary objective was wrong.

okay, i think i have spent a couple of hours staring at phallic rockets more than is entirely healthy.
Exactly.  Fail going into orbit and instead discover that part of your rocket can glide halfway around the planet?  Orbital insertition vehicle.  Rocket crashes into space station?  Missile test worked.  Escape pod malfunctioned?  The traitors have been killed.  Miss a planet entirely and end up in the orbit of another planet?  Slingshot successful. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: September 20, 2013, 08:08:13 am »

remember, there is no such thing as failing your primary objectives. there is only the realization that your original interpretation of your primary objective was wrong.

okay, i think i have spent a couple of hours staring at phallic rockets more than is entirely healthy.

Is there any other kind of rocket?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: September 20, 2013, 08:22:44 am »

Yes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unless you do a whole lot of squinting.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: September 20, 2013, 09:15:13 am »

Note to self: whenever coasting, remember to leave the solar panels extended for the duration.

Edit: I have achieved Munar orbit. I shall show you pictures of the probe later. Now, I shall show you the picture of what I plan to be my Munar Lander. Just a lander, no kethane rig with an Apollo-like ability to return to Kerbin.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:25:21 am by Krevsin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: September 20, 2013, 10:41:15 am »

Yes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unless you do a whole lot of squinting.
That's really cool.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: September 20, 2013, 11:14:34 am »

I can FINALLY buy the game.
Any essential mods to get?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: September 20, 2013, 11:27:37 am »

I can FINALLY buy the game.
Any essential mods to get?
Kethane.

The rest depend on what you want.

I would also suggest messing around with the vanilla version for a while.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: September 20, 2013, 11:31:47 am »

Mechjeb.  Not sure how you really plan a homman transfer without it...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: September 20, 2013, 11:33:45 am »

Eyeballing and nav nodes? 'S what I do. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: September 20, 2013, 11:38:18 am »

Eh, for me, Mechjeb is borderline cheating.

I have less fun with KSP if I let the computer do all the challenging stuff and math.  :P

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: September 20, 2013, 11:38:58 am »

Kerbal Attachment Something (KAS) is also pretty awesome and makes refuelling, especially on the ground, a LOT easier.

Plus, it's crazy fun.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: September 20, 2013, 11:39:48 am »

Also, is it me, or does everyone always use rockets with like, 3 stages?
It takes me a 10 stage rocket just to get into orbit in the Demo, is the Atmosphere thinner in the full version?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: September 20, 2013, 12:01:57 pm »

The full version has bigger rockets for you to play with.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 848