Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488043 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3615 on: February 02, 2013, 08:11:08 pm »

Gosh. Just use hyperedit to instantly warp into orbit. That engine is ridiculous.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3616 on: February 02, 2013, 09:02:41 pm »

It looks like an Orion engine.

Why hasn't somebody made an Orion engine yet?  I wonder if KSP could even emulate such a thing at current.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: February 02, 2013, 09:19:11 pm »

It looks like an Orion engine.

Why hasn't somebody made an Orion engine yet?  I wonder if KSP could even emulate such a thing at current.
Given how explosions can propel you ever so slightly...

I guess if it's possible, you could make a device that, when triggered (or when it collides), would explode, producing a lot of energy.

I have been looking into that, actually. A small sphere that is activated just like an engine, producing a ridiculous amount of heat and exploding of overheating. The main problem is that you can't really influence explosion sizes using the config files, and I'd be hard pressed to figure out a way to a) absorb the energy efficiently (without destroying something vital in the process) and b) make it reusable. I thought of making a separate resource, and then some kind of spawner like they have in the orbital construction mod to deploy bombspheres, but that's far beyond my level of understanding.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: February 09, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »

So, after staring at Jool for a few weeks, (maneuvering the rescue mothership into a 5MKm parking orbit around kerbin) it was time for jeb to jump back into the SSTO space plane and head back up for an orbital rendezvous with the mother ship orbiting laythe. Timing it so that the orbital planes of were lined up quite well (mothership is in a 45 degree to the equator circular orbit and I don't have the fuel to fix that), I launched. 12km is the 20km of kerbins atmosphere, for those wondering, luckily there was only a slight spin as one of the engines flamed out.

After some orbital maneuvers (minor plane change) and catchup, I set up the rendezvous. Once I was about 300m from the mothership I started killing speed difference, until it was down to 10m/s... and I ran out of fuel. Man that's what I call cutting it close. Jeb was able to EVA it over to the mothership, so now they're all going to sit there for a year until the rescue ship arrives, hopefully with enough fuel to actually get back this time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:17:29 pm by sneakey pete »
Magma is overrated.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: February 11, 2013, 06:17:14 pm »

With some mod i made this ship, im quite proud of my design, specialy when i usualy never do anything that look remotly interesting, but this one im kinda proud :D. 10 lander, one satelitte for Mapping and another satelitte for kethane mapping.

This is basicly a ship i send to a planet before sending the colony ship, this one goes, Map the planet and scan for kethane, if interesting points are found i send a lander, once all point of interest are *occupied* i send the remaining probe to possible kethane location and try to find a nice place to establish my colony location. Now i have to work on my colony ship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope you enjoy it :D. BTW im using a shitload of mod would take forever to list them all, but if you are really interested i could try to list all mod im using for this ship and post the ship file.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: February 11, 2013, 06:30:04 pm »

That does look quite nice.

One of these days I'll actually get around to installing some mods...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: February 11, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »

That does look quite nice.

One of these days I'll actually get around to installing some mods...

I think ill just update my whole game folder ( related to mod mind you, wont give the game away... ) so you guys will only have to drag/drop it in your folder and overwrite.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3622 on: February 11, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »

That's more or less what I did with my modpack, but I didn't include the fusion mod you have there because I consider it rather overpowered.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:51 pm »

Well when you make big ships, you need something that can come with it, i use it only on *capital ship*. Also after zipping up all the folder relate to the mods... it now weight 370meg... quite heavy. Unless someone knows a really good host i think ill have to abandon this sharing XD

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3624 on: February 11, 2013, 08:25:11 pm »

Well when you make big ships, you need something that can come with it, i use it only on *capital ship*. Also after zipping up all the folder relate to the mods... it now weight 370meg... quite heavy. Unless someone knows a really good host i think ill have to abandon this sharing XD
Can you give me a list of the mods with links? I'll assemble and host the pack for you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3625 on: February 12, 2013, 12:44:42 am »

Dx I always wish I could make pretty ships.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: February 12, 2013, 05:05:38 am »

Ive setup my personal FTP to host the modpack i currently have, i dont know how long i will be able to keep it online, it will depends on how popular it will be. I would really appreciate it if somebody could make a mirror for the pack.

ftp://jocan2003.serveftp.com

copy paste that in your browser and you should see an archive file called KSPMOD.rar. Be warned its a very heavy file, make sure you have a good internet connection. And unless i have more than downloading the pack at the same time, i should be able to send as fast as you can receive. Once you have the archive file, simply extract into your kerbal space program folder and overwrite files if asked.

Love having a 50mbps upload speed and a 250mbps download speed.

And want to know the funny thing? cost me 80$ for unlimited plan.... Hard to beat that :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:49:35 am by jocan2003 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3627 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:09 am »

Link no workey

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:40 am »

Yeah give me a minute i just had the error pop up on my console.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3629 on: February 12, 2013, 07:03:32 am »

I'd still like a list of the mods as well
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 848