Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: PrideUnited! A platinum war hammer!  (Read 37627 times)

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PrideUnited! A platinum war hammer!
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2011, 10:50:34 am »

someone tell me if its possible to make the dwarf picture on page 4 the background for my desktop and if so tell me how becasue i've never changed it to something i got online

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2011, 11:09:42 am »

Oh, that's easy - right-click and save it to your PC, then change it like you would to any other picture on your computer.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2011, 03:31:01 pm »

Platium is actually the best non-weapon standard slashing material.
And Platium makes a great hammer because it's both heavy and strong. Silver isn't too strong, and Steel isn't too heavy.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2011, 04:54:19 pm »

Platinum and gold are roughly twice as heavy as silver...
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »

"Menaces with spikes of platinum?" It's a platinum meat tenderizer!

(I'm totally patenting that and modding it in)
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2011, 12:08:46 am »

Platinum is actually the best non-weapon standard slashing material.
And Platinum makes a great hammer because it's both heavy and strong. Silver isn't too strong, and Steel isn't too heavy.
Wikipedia says It's both malleable and ductile, i wouldn't imagine either of those properties make a very good hammer.....
edit, i stand corrected, iron is close to platinum on both categories , i guess it's all about the strength..
edit edit, i also didn't realize it's about as hard as iron also. I mean it's not like i have platinum lying about the house to  experiment with.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:27:27 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2011, 12:17:05 am »

Yes, valuable metals suck for weapons in real life. But in Dwarf Fortress, there aren't many of the things that make it so. For example, we don't yet have the softness/malleability of metals implemented, among others.

EDIT: I'm seriously getting some Warhammer of Zillyhoo vibes from this artifact. I mean there are a lot of parallels.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:41:50 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2011, 02:40:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have created something for you! Be warned, it's a big picture.
win, and great on a lot of the little details. If you were to finish off her armor, I start to imagine a samus-like figure. A blond wearing mythically strong blue armor and a legendary weapon, while also having an unbreakable will, a sharp intellect, and good spatial sense. Yet she doesn't much care for music, and doesn't talk very much.

calm, rarely discouraged, modest, sense of duty, strives for excellence... and doesn't give a squat about death anymore.

I think she's the oncoming storm, a true valkarie of armok, and I fear for her enemies.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2011, 12:25:49 pm »

people, i believe we have finally found a hammer worthy of being used by Cacame!!
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:06 pm »

people, i believe we have finally found a hammer worthy of being used by Cacame!!
Even if Cacame is the dwarfiest elf, this hammer is only fit for a dwarf.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2011, 12:45:46 pm »

Cacame gets a Glumprong Hammer: the most bad-ass of all wood.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2011, 12:48:11 pm »

Cacame gets a Glumprong Hammer: the most bad-ass of all wood.
You mean blood thorn, it's denser than glumprong.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2011, 12:51:08 pm »

Yeah, but Blood-Thorn is a cave plant. Although, Cacame IS the Elf-King of Dwarves.
Plus, Glumprongs are evil trees, so they get bonus points just for that.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:02 am »

When exactly have we dwarves become -TRUE- racists? Sure, we hate elves because we hate all they stand for, but if someone embraces dwarfdom we embrace him, human, elf or whatever. Cacame fucking deserves a platinum warhammer, you might give him a wood piece of junk but he'll slowly kill you with it and then he'll go on a rampage until he get what he deserves! Who are we to question one of the most dwarfy individuals to walk Armoks earth?
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:59 am »

When exactly have we dwarves become -TRUE- racists? Sure, we hate elves because we hate all they stand for, but if someone embraces dwarfdom we embrace him, human, elf or whatever. Cacame fucking deserves a platinum warhammer, you might give him a wood piece of junk but he'll slowly kill you with it and then he'll go on a rampage until he get what he deserves! Who are we to question one of the most dwarfy individuals to walk Armoks earth?
Something as powerful as a platinum artifact hammer doesn't deserve to be in a non-dwarf's hands.
Not even Cacame's (who is the best elf ever and who we all love) hands.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11