Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Wheel of Time (Closed)  (Read 14019 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel of Time (Closed)
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2011, 01:00:26 am »

Ladwian bowed is head in thanks to the innkeeper, any place willing to have him was a good place to play these days and he was loathe to use the small stash of coin that he'd been able to garner here and there. Despite that thought he didn't like the look of the crowd, reds and whites this close together was begging for a brawl... The white had the queens men outnumbered in the city, if the red decided it was time for take vengeance... Taking his citole from his back he lay it across his lap, picking his way through the opening notes of a tune that flickered across his thoughts whenever he looked at the division that was building in Caemlyn.

He sang neither fast or slow, letting the rhythm carry itself through the words,

Soft, the winds, like springtime's finger.
Soft, the rains, like Heaven's tears.
Soft, the years roll by in gladness,
never hinting storms to come,
never hinting whirlwinds' ravage,
rain of steel and battle thunder,
war to tear the heart asunder.

As moved through the song he observed the crowd, a trick he'd picked up not long after starting to sing for his supper. When it came time to rest he'd see if he could choose an opportune spot to listen for news, he missed the country of his birth and any news of it in these troubled times would be welcome.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2011, 05:42:03 am »

Jor asks for a mug of ale, sits alone in a corner and observes the people inside, looking for unguarded purses and interesting faces.

Scraping his short beard, his attention is caught by a singing gleeman, and a tall silver-haired man, who looks like an Illianer, sitting in another corner, with a thoughtful look on his face.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2011, 08:04:17 pm »

Kain looks about the inn, searching for those likely to have news of the borderlander and the countries far abroad. Counting his coin he figures he has enough for one round of drinks, so he had better choose wisely, and not waste the coin.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2011, 08:36:14 pm »

Justarr sighed, his coarse black hair pulled back into a ponytail, his eyes darting this way and that. He was currently sitting outside, somewhere in the middle of the two conflicting groups. He had the urge to go sit with the supporters of the Queen, but resisted the urge; It was none of his business. He scratched his small patch of hair on his chin, while his cheap meal arrived. His funds were running low, and he had naught but his bow, the clothes on his back, and the enjoyment gained from listening to the gleeman. He took a small sip from his ale, enjoying the taste and feeling as it ran down his throat. He thanked the person - He didn't pay much attention to who and/or what they were - who brought him his meal, and started eating. It wasn't much, but it was enough to sate his hunger. As he ate, he looked around at the crowd, looking for people of interest. A random hobby, he had to say, more of a test of his skills in picking people out of a crowd. He was a bounty hunter, but he was a good judge of character. He had a general idea of what people were trying to do, and his skills at finding things were generally superb, compared to the average person. He could feel the tension in the air, but he tried to ignore it... tried to look deeper. If he couldnt even see past such a petty thing as hostility, then how would he find his target in a riotous crowd? Not that it was likely to happen, but it was an excersize nonetheless.

Finishing his meal, he sat back, his sharp, dark eyes fully aware now. They darted from person to person, landing on each for only a moment, before moving on. His meal was finished, and so the real excersize commenced. His focus, fully on his self-set task, was near-unshakeable.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2011, 02:56:41 pm »

(Sorry for the long wait, i'll have the turn up later. Im a huge procrastinator, so please if you want me to continue the game bug the hell out of me until I continue.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2011, 03:20:38 pm »

(Sorry for the long wait, i'll have the turn up later. Im a huge procrastinator, so please if you want me to continue the game bug the hell out of me until I continue.)

Oh good.

I WILL EAT A KITTEN IF YOU DON'T CONTINUE DAMNIT, AND I'M STILL PICKING KITTEN OUT OF MY TEETH FROM WHEN I ATE AN ADORABLE BABY FELINE WHEN THE FIREFLY GAME FLOPPED.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2011, 03:31:36 pm »

Oh good.

I WILL EAT A KITTEN IF YOU DON'T CONTINUE DAMNIT, AND I'M STILL PICKING KITTEN OUT OF MY TEETH FROM WHEN I ATE AN ADORABLE BABY FELINE WHEN THE FIREFLY GAME FLOPPED.
What game is that ?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2011, 03:44:05 pm »

Oh good.

What game is that ?

A fistful of freedom, you could search for it if you want, should be about 15-20 pages back judging by forum drift.

Please tell me you do in fact know of Firefly... I might have to beat you to death with the kitten before I eat it if you don't.
---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2011, 03:49:25 pm »

Oh good.

What game is that ?

A fistful of freedom, you could search for it if you want, should be about 15-20 pages back judging by forum drift.

Please tell me you do in fact know of Firefly... I might have to beat you to death with the kitten before I eat it if you don't.
Who wouldn't know of the people who created the greatest Medieval Strategy RTS game, and the Holy icon of all strategy games, Stronghold.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2011, 04:34:03 pm »

Oh good.

What game is that ?

Who wouldn't know of the people who created the greatest Medieval Strategy RTS game, and the Holy icon of all strategy games, Stronghold.

If that wasn't sarcasm I may have to let the trollocs eat you.
---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »

There was no sarcasm Stronghold is one of the best strategy games I have played (Besides DF, but DF is more the god of strategy games.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2011, 05:00:30 pm »

There was no sarcasm Stronghold is one of the best strategy games I have played (Besides DF, but DF is more the god of strategy games.))

Yep. The Trollocs are going to eat you.

Firefly, as in Joss Whedon's Firefly.

---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2011, 05:11:04 pm »

Yep. The Trollocs are going to eat you.

Firefly, as in Joss Whedon's Firefly.
Oh that Firefly sorry bout that I am getting tired, and I am about 90% more stupid when I am tired.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2011, 07:50:10 pm »

Joss Whedon is awesome. Firefly is awesome. 'Nuff said. But don't forget about Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog! ^^
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2011, 08:35:51 pm »

Didn't joss whedon have something to do with the buffy tv show?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9