Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Oblivion RTD:Ch. 2, Drowning in Darkness; Turn-9: On a Hiatus  (Read 21773 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chapter 2: Drowning in Darkness, Turn-9: Deeper We Go Into The Darkness

Kili reaches forward, cuts off the ears of her fallen comrade, adn puts them on a string which she ties around her neck, but as she puts it ona voice appears in her head, and says 'You who have disgraced your comrade's corpse while his spirit lingers in this place filled with dark magic. Since you have done this misdeed, and you comrade's soul can not be freed from her they will instead share your body. Your soul, and your comrade's shall co-exist in your body, and until you repent you will pay a price for your wrong doings, but worry not for I am not an unkind god. I will allow you to summon this spirit to fight beside you, but to do this you will yet again be forced to pay a price, so be careful, and remember repent for your sin, and you will be freed.' When Kili looks around she realizes she had momentarily passed out.
Elf-Ear Necklace Gained, Quest Gained - Wash The Sins From The Sinner, Curse Gained - Mark of Betreyal

As Kir bows down, and prays to his god for his fallen comrade he feels a slight aura of trust encircle him, and he feels something has changed, but he not quite sure what as he stands, and begins to walk down the middle tunnel which is for some unknown reason lit, and the oozing evil aura sems to be coming from this tunnel. He feels it get stronger as he walks down through it with his allies at his side.
10 Blessing Gained

Magnus walks up to the corpse aiming to take the daggers from Rel's corpse, but as he grasps the handle of the one thrust into her chest he sees the daggers glow black, and before he can pull his hand away black electricity spews forth from each of them, and shoots through Magnus. He screams in pain, and falls backwards as the electricity continues to tear through his body for a few more seconds before settlign down, and allowing Magnus to move once again. He stands up sweat pouring down him, and leans on a nearby wall before continuing on following the others, as the daggers continue to radiate the black aura.
- 20 HP, Shocked -1 to Next Roll

Justarr also bows down infront of his comrade's corpse, but he gives a prayer to the Nine, and as he finishes the prayer he sees a aura of gold encircling him, and it shines brightly as he stands up, and begins to lead the others forward towards the lit corridor, and the ever-growing presence of evil.
+20 Blessing, Light of the Divine Gained for 20 Turns

Atriad quickly examines the tunnels, adn find they all seem to circle back towards the other end of the island, but the middle once which is oddly enough lit be torches, but that corridor is where the source of the evil presence seems to be comign from. As you point this out to the group they all gather, and begin moving through the tunnel.

Your group moves on down the tunnel, and you hear Algus behind you mumble a phrase three times over, and as you look to see what he is doing you find each of your allies have a small floating sphere of light over them, and as you each give Algus a questioning look he says "before I came here I was a Priest in training, but I was sent here to finish my training, and when I arrived my teacher was killed, and the siege began, so I had no chance to finish my training. I only know a few spells, adn I don't have a large amount of magical power to spend." You each nod at him in turn, and continue on in silence for a little longer before comign out into a large room with a set of large wooden doors set into the right side of the room.

As you examine the room you see around twenty skeletonslying on the ground with shattered shields, and dented weapons lying on the ground nearby along with numerous smashed tombs, and several more corpses near the gate. Your group continues on, and examines the gate where you see a small lock about the sixe of your fist in the shape of a star. It seems to continue you will need to find the key, and use it to unlock the door, but where is it among all these corpses?

Player Statuses
Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CrimsonEon (click to show/hide)

Imperial City Catacombs, Shield's Storeroom
Allies
Spoiler: Freda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Algus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rocklin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Check the Ally Spoilers Algus, and Freda have different Class, and stats now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:51:05 pm by adwarf »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

You didn't update my Blessing level... I should have 20. I don't have time to write up my action at the moment, will do it later.

Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You didn't update my Blessing level... I should have 20. I don't have time to write up my action at the moment, will do it later.
Thanks I forgot to do that updating Blessing now.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

((Mine was also forgotten :P.

Kir began looking through the corpses without a care. Their souls have long since gone to Sithis, and giveing respect this long after death is useless.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Where's the quest spoiler then? I got a quest, where issss it...

------------
She was no companion of mine, Kili thought. She walked away from us first, and in any case, the dissapproval of some Alien God was of no consequence to her. The Ancestors exulted at trophy taking, as she honored her family name with it.

In any case, she figured she had to appease the God. Curses tend to linger...

She "thought" at the God, hoping it was listening

"Oh Knowing God, I did not wish to bind the Elfs spirit to me-I merely wished something to remember her by. I only take trophies from those that gain my respect. In my culture and family, it is an honor."

Action: Try to remove the curse!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

"Power, both holy and profane is at work here." Atriard thought frantically, "The Nord appears to be shaken, the Duelist shocked, no doubt dire warnings of what is to come. We need to get out of here as quickly as possible."

Following the group through the tunnels, his thoughts briefly confound over the Priest initiate, "Another good soul whose fate has been upturned by the foul. But still, one day, he can live to turn the tides back against the darkness." Sick of all his silence, Atriard speaks in a low tone, "You will have plenty of opportunity to finish your training, fate is an interesting thing, but it always serves the right people. I can only hope that you can use it to further the greater good."

Arriving in the harrowed tomb, Atriard feels his spirits dampened a little upon seeing the lock, "Damn. We'll have to go searching for a key." Looking about the room, seeing all the broken remains, Atriard could not help but feel threatened, remembering Rocklin's words, "A Wraith, possibly even a Lich. We are in danger here, if only I learned how to dispel the undead." With little else to do, Atriard searches the skeletons in the immediate vicinity for the key.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Algus
Algus looks at Atriard, and says "It doesn't seem to be a Wraith, a Wraith would release an aura of regret not pure loathing, and hatred. Of course I can't tell if its a Lich, or maybe just a Bound Spirit of a necromancer, but it does seem to be quite powerful. I can also since something else moving around on the other side of this door from what I feel there are about ten of them, and the being, but some of his powers seem to be leaking into this room. If we aren't fast these corpses might come to life, and attack us." with that he pulls out a book of some sort, and sits cross-legged infront of the door, and begins chanting "The Nine above answer mmy call, and protect us from the evil found within. Keep the darkness at bay, and the evil down beneath the earth locked away. Guide our souls, and block the evil which wishes to destroy us. We your humble servants ask for your help ......."

((....... = It goes on for awhile not writing that all out ))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actions needed from Draignean, an Talarion

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Draignean won't be back until tomorrow at the earliest. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draignean won't be back until tomorrow at the earliest. ^^;
Thats fine I can wait just posting to let them know its here, and updated.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm just keeping the thread bumped to the front page so they'll see it. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will run the turn tommorow if Rome Total war doesn't get here by then.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn Tommrow for sure will begin working on it when I wake up. Also new rule if there is no one on the waitinglist when someone dies they can create a new character, or use the one that died at a slight penalty (Defined when the character is remade.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

All right. I've got a new character mostly worked out so I'll send you the details now. ;D

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Err, woops. Forgot to post...

Look out for danger, traps/ambushes, etc
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22