Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108280 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well I'm boned Having lots of FUN
It means just about the same thing in these games.

So basically, you want everybody to go through a WIFOM thought process, and come out believing that you are innocent, because you act guilty?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The reason I'm voting vector is to prove to everyone that im am not scum, which now is a top priorty considering theres going to be a noose around my neck by the time  the sun rises in ice cream land. I denounce any instance of agreeing with him.
 @ jim no need to be rude I was getting to that you double townie.
That is called distancing. It is a common scum move, and not proof of anything. If anything, your eagerness to try that tactic was what got you into this.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

@ Breadbocks again, I did not know that Ic's  were an exception to the one "bah" comment see above. My reasoning for targeting kikilan is simple
- he's done some scummy thing which I think I've explained before
- In my opinion he's the (or was) the most suspicious of me
Ye gods, this is difficult to read.

Anyways, this does nothing to alleviate my suspicions, and your jumping on the Vector bandwagon only further condemns you in my eyes, and every post you get worse.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

White friggin' board

UltraValican - 4 - kilakan, breadbocks, Max White, Jim motherfucking Groovester
kilakan - 2 - bdthemag, Vector
Powder effing Miner - 1 - Think0028
Vector - 1 - UltraValican

Not voting: Powder Miner

3 votes to extend, 5 to shorten, no fucking hammer!

How's that fo' rude?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:51:01 pm by Darvi »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mod, would you prod Powder Miner? He hasn't posted at all yet.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the weekend.

If he doesn't post until I get up on Monday I'll prod him. Unless Tolyk does it first.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kilakan So, when do you think the RVS stage will end?
Good enough question, for the start, doesn't really add much does it?

Jim Groovester how do you imagine the game is going to play out compared to the last few Begginer games you IC'ed in?
Yet again, relativity pointless, but not altogether a bad question, Minimal to not get noticed.

I care because it was a suspicious act, and as such it is something I noticed, and since I noticed I brought it into light, you were avoiding having more questions asked of you, and having to give more answers.
UltraValican-Why would you assume Jim would have suspicions already? so far he has posts from two other people, though your reluctance to think of a better question, and do the minimal scum-hunting to just keep suspicion off of you I am finding pretty scummy.  I have a FoS on you.
You seem to be overreacting, atleast in my opinion. You scold someone for asking a question of who they think is suspicious at the beggining of the game. Then you say he is doing minimal scum-hunting to ward of suspicion. This is the beggining of the game, its the RVS. Not alot of scumhunting can be done until someone say's something stupid.
Pretty great contradiction there, you say that someone should have suspicions and as such it is a good question, then you turn 180* and say that's it's the beginning of the game and the RVS stage, so not much scumhunting is done.
Kilakan, Vector is an IC. Its her job to point out flaws in what you say, regardless of how big or small it is.
This makes sense, but again doesn't add anything.

FOS on UltraVatican, first of all you seem to jump the bandwagon on vector to divert attention from yourself. You have three people voting for you, and a few people start saying that Vector is acting scummy. So you promptly change votes and switch to Vector. This seems pretty scummy to me.
So you bandwagoning on the UltraValican train isn't wrong?

FOS on UltraVatican, first of all you seem to jump the bandwagon on vector to divert attention from yourself. You have three people voting for you, and a few people start saying that Vector is acting scummy. So you promptly change votes and switch to Vector. This seems pretty scummy to me.
You are gone all this time and that's the only thing you can point out.  Lurker scum.  You are still voting with just the RVS, you haven't followed up on that RVS, and you've contributed nothing so far.  Trying to hide or what, you better start being active, because you are actually here, but you are definitely trying to hide.
Just because I haven't posted for one page doesn't mean im lurking. I prefer not to make giant ass reports. You seem to be trying to pressure me in taking my vote off of you.
You've given no reason to keep the vote, no reason to vote anyone else, and then rat on not making giant reports, all your quotes together barely makes a normal post.  You've posted often enough just without any real substance, and you are not helping anything.  Thus you are a lurker in actual work towards scumhunting, and that's scummy, you post barely enough to not get noticed, yet not so much you do get noticed.  Who are we watching out for here, yourself.  That's a scum move.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um Darvi, your white board has 3 votes for me but two names. 
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Everybody is accounted for, you must only have two votes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

breadbocks: You were in the last beginner game I played, and I've seen you play others, how do you consider yourself a beginner still, and what do you believe you need improvement at that would constitute you still being in a Beginner game?
 -If you were a doctor, how would you go about determining the most likely person to be targeted by the scum at night, so you might best protect them?
Kilakan's first question is innocent enough. Nothing wrong with asking this.

I care because it was a suspicious act, and as such it is something I noticed, and since I noticed I brought it into light, you were avoiding having more questions asked of you, and having to give more answers.
UltraValican-Why would you assume Jim would have suspicions already? so far he has posts from two other people, though your reluctance to think of a better question, and do the minimal scum-hunting to just keep suspicion off of you I am finding pretty scummy.  I have a FoS on you.
Kilakan after seeing Valican's post, immediately jumps on him for what seems
to me a simple RVS question. Its the start of the game and he is already accusing
people of not doing any scumhunting.

I don't think you read vectors tutorial very well, since it sounds to me like you've just bandwagoned him with a rather bullshit question.  Though I think it's a pretty good explanation, and tutorial, though i'm getting the feeling that he's using me to draw out people like you, who jump to agree with him, without adding much of anything yourself.
In response to the fairly unexplained bandwagon, short of "The IC voted him so I shall too" along with my prevoiusly explained suspitions about you, mostly used to pressure you.
Unvote Breadbocks

Vote UltraValican

so I'd like to ask
UltraValican-Why would you vote me, what are your reasons?
Without a follow up question to Breadbocks, he then votes Vatican. This is
either him OMGUSing, or buddying.

UltraValican-If you have o problem answering questions, then answer me this.  Why do you hold the IC's so valuable? we do have a non-playing IC for advice, is it simply that you are scummy, and attempting to avoid having the IC's targeting you by showering them with praise and complements?
He then goes on to say that Vatican is "Showering" the IC's with praise and complements.
Which is frankly a stupid accusation to make towards a new player in a game with experienced players
helping out the newer ones.

Right now it seems to me Kilikan either likes to play "aggressive" only towards
people who disagree with him or vote for him.

Also excuse me for the format of the post, I just wrote it up in notepad for some reason.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's because Vector is actually a double voter. And now I must modkill you for finding out this secret.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

That's because Vector is actually a double voter. And now I must modkill you for finding out this secret.
I saw that edit.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

@ Max White
I wouldn't have to distance myself if you didn't lump me and him together in the first place.
as for evidence...
I have very little and what little evidence I do have dosn't realy matter since every thing I've said and done has led to a quest to smite me.
 @ Jim as to my "pointless questions", when I said they were poitless i should have elaborated a little more. I was asking them to gain intell on who thought what about whom but seeing as that has landed me in hot water

You know what screw it I am scum
No I’m not that’s just my inner douche talking
I personally have no idea who’s who so unvote vector
NO vote
After all, of this i haven’t the time to gather info do to me trying to save my own ass
but Jims right I have been lazy in this game and i took things a bit to lightly and now I’ve paid the price
However, that’s beside the point
@ Vector, how much fun are you having watching me fall into your little alignment trap and get your ass out here.
*takes out cigar*
Well gentlemen it’s been a blast and a pleasure playing goodnight and good luck
Also if the Ics are going to critique me mark "self preservation" off the list, I've think I learned my lesson about where that gets you.
Sorry about spelling and grammer.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Bdthemag
Right now it seems to me Kilikan either likes to play "aggressive" only towards
people who disagree with him or vote for him.
I like to play agressive to everyone I go after.

Kilakan after seeing Valican's post, immediately jumps on him for what seems
to me a simple RVS question. Its the start of the game and he is already accusing
people of not doing any scumhunting.
I was trying to force him into losing his cool, and breaking quickly.  If you look at the current situation it seems to have worked.

Without a follow up question to Breadbocks, he then votes Vatican. This is
either him OMGUSing, or buddying.
It was still in the RVS stage, I saw an opening with Valican and I used a vote to pressure him.

Also excuse me for the format of the post, I just wrote it up in notepad for some reason.
Is this a preemptive, that's not what I mean?  No you aren't excused, you don't get to be excused, write it the god damn right way that you want it to be the first time.

Now reply to my last set.

@ Max White
I wouldn't have to distance myself if you didn't lump me and him together in the first place.
as for evidence...
I have very little and what little evidence I do have dosn't realy matter since every thing I've said and done has led to a quest to smite me.
 @ Jim as to my "pointless questions", when I said they were poitless i should have elaborated a little more. I was asking them to gain intell on who thought what about whom but seeing as that has landed me in hot water

You know what screw it I am scum
No I’m not that’s just my inner douche talking
I personally have no idea who’s who so unvote vector
NO vote
After all, of this i haven’t the time to gather info do to me trying to save my own ass
but Jims right I have been lazy in this game and i took things a bit to lightly and now I’ve paid the price
However, that’s beside the point
@ Vector, how much fun are you having watching me fall into your little alignment trap and get your ass out here.
*takes out cigar*
Well gentlemen it’s been a blast and a pleasure playing goodnight and good luck
Also if the Ics are going to critique me mark "self preservation" off the list, I've think I learned my lesson about where that gets you.
Sorry about spelling and grammer.
Common scum tell is self preservation, townies win even if they die.  Besides it's the weekend, you have 2 days before anyone dies, really isn't a time to fully break now.
Nom nom nom

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IMPORTANT LESSON TIME: DO NOT GIVE UP.

Under no condition should you simply give up in a game! If you no longer feel like playing, or feel that Mafia is not the game for you, talk to the mod if necessary and ask for a replacement. However, simply giving up and asking to be lynched is extremely rude to everyone else! It hurts your team, and Mafia is a chaotic game: it is quite possible you can survive even the most dismal of situations. If you do not want to or do not feel you can, however, ask for a replacement, so that the game may go on.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37