Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108340 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

@ Jim
If I was a cop I would investigate down the list of players, unless of course someone do/say something scummy, then they get highest priority provided they arn;t already going to get lynched

Max White If you were scum how would you determine who to  kill?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ Jim
If I was a cop I would investigate down the list of players, unless of course someone do/say something scummy, then they get highest priority provided they arn;t already going to get lynched

UltraValican-Why would you not reciprocate an answer to Jim? not only would it not hurt you at all, but it is a suspicious thing to do attempting to not get tied into an answer/question circle with someone and instead bounce a question onto the next person.
Nom nom nom

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

from kilikan UltraValican-Why would you not reciprocate an answer to Jim? not only would it not hurt you at all, but it is a suspicious thing to do attempting to not get tied into an answer/question circle with someone and instead bounce a question onto the next person.

The reason I didn't recipricate a question back to Jim was simply because I hadn't thought to but since you put it that way....
 @ JimWho are you most suspicious of at the moment
@ kilakanWhy do you care if I asked jim a question or not.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Inactive players would be my target of choice. They are less of a force on the game, so cause smaller waves if they are killed.

Vector: How are you feeling about the game? Think you stand a good chance to win?
Kilakan: So, Mafia IC's seems sort of scary, right? Will you be taking the IC's on their word?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

@ Jim

UltraValican-Why would you not reciprocate an answer to Jim? not only would it not hurt you at all, but it is a suspicious thing to do attempting to not get tied into an answer/question circle with someone and instead bounce a question onto the next person.

Not really. What he did was fine.

The game just started. I am suspicious of no one at all.

Unvote. Bdthemag, I noticed in other games you have a habit of not playing at all. Is that going to happen here?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

from kilikan UltraValican-Why would you not reciprocate an answer to Jim? not only would it not hurt you at all, but it is a suspicious thing to do attempting to not get tied into an answer/question circle with someone and instead bounce a question onto the next person.

The reason I didn't recipricate a question back to Jim was simply because I hadn't thought to but since you put it that way....
@ kilakanWhy do you care if I asked jim a question or not.
I care because it was a suspicious act, and as such it is something I noticed, and since I noticed I brought it into light, you were avoiding having more questions asked of you, and having to give more answers.
UltraValican-Why would you assume Jim would have suspicions already? so far he has posts from two other people, though your reluctance to think of a better question, and do the minimal scum-hunting to just keep suspicion off of you I am finding pretty scummy.  I have a FoS on you.

Inactive players would be my target of choice. They are less of a force on the game, so cause smaller waves if they are killed.

Vector: How are you feeling about the game? Think you stand a good chance to win?
Kilakan: So, Mafia IC's seems sort of scary, right? Will you be taking the IC's on their word?
I think that the idea of a mafia IC is a bit unsettling, and as such I shall be taking both with a grain of salt, but the IC who offers the least advice would likely be my target for a potential Mafia IC.
MaxWhite-How would you avoid detection as a Scum, if you plan on taking out the lurkers at night?

pre-post edit*Blargh ninjas, gonna post this anyways.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

MaxWhite-How would you avoid detection as a Scum, if you plan on taking out the lurkers at night?
Have an axe to grind. Try to get a reason to begrudge a player, then focus everything you have at them, even if nobody else is going to vote them. That way you have a reason to not vote for anybody else, including your mafia friends.

Also, I'm not one of the IC's, if your looking for tips on how to not be lynched the first day, your scumchat will provide you more useful information than I can.

Also, again...

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ Kilikan you were the one asking/pressuring me to ask me a question (or at least thats how I interperted the move ::) the game just startedand not many players have posted yet so I don't have much to work with but if you feel like im trying to dodge questions that's simply not the case, feel free to ask me anything

on that not
 @ Kilikan, if you were scum who would you kill, or if you feel you don't have any incentive to kill yet, how would you go about killing

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Powder Miner, who here would you must want on your scumteam?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Think: Do you approve of a lynch on day one, even if we are not fully sure of Mafia status, just some what sure?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Jim Groovester I plan on playing more now that I atleat have a basic understanding of the strategies to play, before i'd just get nervous and stop playing all together.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think: Do you approve of a lynch on day one, even if we are not fully sure of Mafia status, just some what sure?

Yes. Not lynching on Day 1 just gives scum a free kill, and means that if we have 2 mislynches, the Mafia win.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that the idea of a mafia IC is a bit unsettling, and as such I shall be taking both with a grain of salt, but the IC who offers the least advice would likely be my target for a potential Mafia IC.
already answered the question, I just should of made it clearer.

@ Kilikan you were the one asking/pressuring me to ask me a question (or at least thats how I interperted the move ::) the game just startedand not many players have posted yet so I don't have much to work with but if you feel like im trying to dodge questions that's simply not the case, feel free to ask me anything

on that not
 @ Kilikan, if you were scum who would you kill, or if you feel you don't have any incentive to kill yet, how would you go about killing
I was pressuring you, and I will continue to pressure you, just because it's the first day and there's not many posts is not any reason to be slack, the more you know about a person the more likely it is that town can get the correct lynches. 
With the town and mafia IC's and since we know who the IC's are, if I was mafia, I would know who the Mafia IC is and as such I would know who the townie IC is, and while it may sound like a good idea to take out the Town IC since they are the most experienced player, I would avoid that initially, instead I would kill the person who proves to, while not be exactly the best player, is probably the second best and is the person asking the best questions, just not getting anyone to listen yet.  I would leave the better few, just to leave in the possible suspition that they could be Mafia, and if they lynch a townie, then it's all likily the town will lynch them next, so if you leave the betters, they will take out themselves.  You would also not want to take out the worse, since they are possible fall-back people that you could draw false suspicion onto.  anyways that's my cyclical thought on killing as scum.
UltraVatican-Would you think it could be a good idea to lynch an IC, since it's 50% likely we could get the scum IC?

Yes. Not lynching on Day 1 just gives scum a free kill, and means that if we have 2 mislynches, the Mafia win.
Think-But if lynching on day 1 gives a mislynch that would just make the mafia win faster, so:What happens if you are not sure of anything at the end of the first day, how would you go about picking who to random-lynch?
Nom nom nom

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Hint: The scum IC is not playing. The IC's who are playing have a 2/9th chance of being scum, like any other person.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hint: The scum IC is not playing. The IC's who are playing have a 2/9th chance of being scum, like any other person.
Thank you for clairfying that, I thought I had read that one would be scum.... though your way makes more sense.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37