Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86692 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 24
« Reply #825 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56:29 am »

Name: Kilksa
Appearance: Gold Hair, Gold Eyes, 3 Ft 3 In
Background: Foreign Mercenary
Starting Implant: Focus Improvement Package
Here this since I seem to be getting in the game.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 49
« Reply #826 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:26 am »

Message Systar with any interesting information I find, and request any other information about Boka he has.

Also, find out where Boka resides most of the time, if possible.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:45 am »

I could have sworn I posted.  My bad!

Are the Consul and Boka related?  Not sure how they do last names around here.

Ugh.  Damnable fools looking over his shoulder and giving him a babysitter- this could ruin everything.  Surely they didn't find anything too incriminating, or he'd already be dead.

Many of his supplies were depleted from that Church mission- it's time for a restock.

Stow the Incendiary grenade.  Check black market implant prices and availability, thermal blades, gravity traps, and anything that is stealth-focused or will help him break into safes, computers, electronic security, or the like.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 26, 2012, 11:52:08 am »

The surnames are a strange idea I decided to include for some reason - basically it's 'of [PLANET/REGION]'. Yl Earth just means they're from Earth, for example. They're from the same region, but as far as anyone knows, unrelated.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 26, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »

Accept to a fight, Ask if there are any purse differences between the solo and team brawl
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 08, 2012, 07:52:06 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
Message Systar with any interesting information I find, and request any other information about Boka he has.

Also, find out where Boka resides most of the time, if possible.

[1] - Akhain continues his work, trying to get intel on Boka's whereabouts. Nothing useful seems to come up, though - either the man never lets himself be seen outside his villa or never leaves the place - or then Akhain just can't find any examples of it, having trouble focusing on the wealth of articles and sites coming up on his searches.

[4] The bounty hunter gathers what intel he thinks Systar could use and sends it his way, requesting he shares his own in return.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar

Ugh.  Damnable fools looking over his shoulder and giving him a babysitter- this could ruin everything.  Surely they didn't find anything too incriminating, or he'd already be dead.

Many of his supplies were depleted from that Church mission- it's time for a restock.

Stow the Incendiary grenade.  Check black market implant prices and availability, thermal blades, gravity traps, and anything that is stealth-focused or will help him break into safes, computers, electronic security, or the like.

[6] - Depositing the incendiary bomb with his other gear - his new guardian hasn't fortunately touched them - and opens up his contact list, requesting prices and availability on implants and stealth gear on the black market. He receives several responses soon enough.

Spoiler: Black Market Implants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stealth Gear (click to show/hide)

[2] Systar also notices his 'babysitter' has forwarded a variety of info he already had and requested he share his findings as well.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao moved as fast as possible across the intervening distance and looked for the way to free the AI. The sooner he did that, the better. Probably. Hopefully.

[1] - Gao springs to movement, but immediately he hears several dull thuds on the metal flooring and glances back to see the dog-like construct racing towards him on all fours. [2] He doesn't even need to sidestep, though - the construct barrels past him howling and crashes into the wall of the lab-ship with a wet crack, fracturing and bending the light-weight plating.

[2] Gao steps up the lab-ship's ramp, but he's not safe yet - the laser embedded in the construct's back begins to humm [3] and radiating heat. [Dodge:6] Gaosaron throws himself off the ramp and rolls back on the floor as a searing beam zaps out of the mouth of the laser and cuts into the docking bay walls. Gaosaron hopes they're thick enough for the laser not to penetrate and smash a hole into space.

[3] Hurryingly, Gao snaps off a shot with his Widowmaker, [Dodge:2] which the dog-like amalgation of humanoid bodies - Gao has no intention of staring at it for too long - doesn't even try to avoid. The slugs smash into its torso and neck, [Damage:36] revealing sinous, fused-together flesh and spilling strange blood. The beast staggers back, readying to fire again.

[4] The aliens are approaching as well, brandishing crude melee weapons. The ramp of the lab-ship remains open, but the construct's laser would cut through it like wet paper.

Enemies

Spoiler: Doglike Construct (click to show/hide)

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Kaviv Otoli
>Arrange with this weapons dealer to purchase an Aurora Revolver. If I need to go pick it up, take the snaplock hidden in one pocket and a grenade in the other, just in case.

>Once that's dealt with, time to go to one of those nearby pubs. Keep an eye out for work on the way.

>Oh, make a note somewhere- I should pick up one of those railguns at some point, or maybe the pulse carbine. Got to make some cash first, though.

[5] - The arms dealer is the epitome of professionalism despite Kaviv's inexperience. They negotiate the deal, and soon enough there's a shifty-looking underling at his doorstep with a sealed packet. Kaviv makes the payment and the seal opens. He waits until the underling has left before opening it to find an Aurora in pristine condition - atleast, to his eyes. He plays with it for a while, careful not to expend any of his precious ammunition, and sets his trusty Snaplock with the rest of his gear. He imagines he must look much more professional with a weapon like this, and sets out to find the nearest drinking hole.

[5] His apartment isn't in the worst neighbourhoods, but he still sees various gangers and their ilk on his way - few of them armed, fortunately. He realizes with a start they seem to be wary or even afraid of him, slinking into the shadows when he passes by. People's gazes are drawn to him despite his best attempts to hide his weapons and patches of armor. He keeps an eye for anyone seeming to want to approach him, or anything shadowy going on, [6] and is not disappointed. Before he even gets half-way to the bar, he's swarmed by a gaggle of locals ranting on about their problems and the gangs. He tries to calm them down, but they keep talking over eachother. He strains to hear anything worthwhile over the laughably easy, laughably difficult and incredibly bizarre jobs.

'...the sewers are in total disrepair! Why, just today I turned on the water and instead got...'

'You look handy with that gun, young man. Listen, I've got a plan to rid us of the Habiri conspiracy, once and for all. They've got their minds set on a one galactic state, and fingers in the highest levels of government!'

'The bastard of a cop took my sister and sent both of my brothers to jail on faked charges. Look, I'll pay anything if you take that corrupt son of a bitch down. I can't go to the cops, they always protect their own. Please, free my sister and kill that bastard, and I'll pay you. 2000¤? Okay, 5000¤? I can do that, I can pay.'

The last one sounds somewhat interesting, but the pub is somewhere ahead and he could really use a drink.

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Accept to a fight, Ask if there are any purse differences between the solo and team brawl

[3] - 'You get more if your partner survives, total of 800¤ or so. Speaking of which, your cash - 500¤ for that win. Do well now and you'll get more.'

Barauc nods and goes to prepare for the match. Soon enough his teammate enters, a tattooed alien brute. Barauc's visor barely keeps up when he talks.

'This was s'pposed to be my match. You get in my way, I'll crush you too. Okay? Good,' he grunts before turning his back on you and lifting some building materials left in the corner. He seems to be able to lift slabs of concrete without much effort. Barauc wonders what it would feel to get hit by those giant fists.

Soon enough, Musa tells them to march on up. Barauc feels strangely excited for another match, the feel of adrenaline rushing through him, pummeling his opponent with his bare hands. The crowds cheer deafeningly loud when they step into view, but Barauc guesses it's mostly for his partner, the 'audience favorite'.

At the other end of the arena, two others come into view. The first is a muscled, handsome youth with a winning smile for the audience, wearing heavy make-up. He's accompanied by a lithe, wiry alien that focuses his gaze on Barauc and Barauc alone - from his clothes, Barauc guesses this is the up-city challenger. Barauc is still wondering about his identity when his visor focuses in and makes a match.

Ah. It looks like he didn't quite cover up his tracks as well as he'd liked. He stands still for a moment, staring at 'Bounty Hunter', accompanied by a list of his jobs. Probably the owner of the tracking drone, as well. Barauc matches his gaze. Still, stupid. Barauc has the Revolver, and the visor's scan brings up nothing on his opponent - though that doesn't mean he couldn't have hidden it. It does detect a Thermal Blade inside his coat.

With a earth-shaking boom from somewhere beneath the ground, the fight begins, the two audience favorites rushing at eachother.

---
Enemies
Spoiler: Pit Fighter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bounty Hunter (click to show/hide)

Allies
Spoiler: Tattooed Brute (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria stares the man down. "Look, we don't want a fight. Clearly whoever you are working for has decided you're a liability. We can help if you'll let us." She remained extremely on edge her mind trying to figure out how to get out of the situation that the idiot investigator had gotten them in to.

Try to talk Mr. Gray down. If he so much as flinches, shoot. Aim for the gun in the hopes of disabling it to make it a fair fight.

[6] - Mr. Gray doesn't answer immediately, frowning. He keeps his gun pointed at Teodosio, who lets Loria do the talking for now.

'Liability? Nah, that don't make no sense. Why would they... huh,' Mr. Gray says. 'Teem, call the boys in. We need a clean-up team and some extra security. I'm gonna talk with the off-worlder maniac.'

He turns to Loria. 'Okay. I don't trust you, so put your gun down. Stay in my sight at all times and don't make any sudden movements. I'm going to talk with the supplier - if I don't like what I hear, you get to live a bit longer.'

[4] He still doesn't have a direct aim at Loria, but either he hasn't realized this or doesn't want to risk getting shot by moving. There's nothing stopping him from shooting Loria and the private investigator after she drops her gun, but the doubt in his voice sounded real.

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

Kilksa

Kilksa wakes to a new day on the planet in his dingy little hotel room. Beside his bed lay his gear and assorted belongings, close incase of sudden attack. He gets up and looks out at the sprawling cityscape, the belching towers of the Industiral District sadly filling most of his view. He's a newcomer here, the atmosphere requiring the use of an admittedly discreet detox clip in the side of his mouth, but ready for the wealth of jobs said to be found here.

His computer waits on the table, with a list of local arms dealers and contacts on the cover. Time to get to work.

---
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
---

Incredible wait again, I'm just terrible.

Still, 50th update! Celeeeebration, good times, come on. I wish it hadn't come in this period of terrible updating speed, but yay! Thank you for sticking with me. Especially Gao, who as he repeatedly has stated has no idea what he's doing anymore. I'm trying to get you to the end of the mission, don't worry. You just roll horribadly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:54:50 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 50
« Reply #831 on: December 08, 2012, 10:46:08 pm »

Gao continued to fall back to the opening, taking shots at the thing's laser as he did so. If he could disable that, it was possible he would be safe inside.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 09, 2012, 09:32:45 am »

Look for some low end mercenary work, and browse the gear I can buy and what I already have

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 09, 2012, 10:08:41 pm »

>Palm the revolver and get close enough to get a sneaky shot off, Hopefully drowned out by the roar of the crowd
Raggle Fraggle

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:08 am »

Lower the gun, but don't drop it. Wait and listen as he makes the call. Be prepared to shoot if he makes the wrong move.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 13, 2012, 07:37:57 am »

Kaviv couldn't help but smile slightly has he strode along down the street, people watching him with anything from curiousity, respect, or even fear. At first he had been confused as to how they could possibly know who-- or, well, at least what-- he was, but as he went along, revelling in their attention, it started to seem obvious.

'They know what I am, they know I'm not one to mess with,' he thought to himself with near-glee, 'I must have a look about me, the look of a hard man, someone who knows what they're doing. Someone who's fought people, who's been shot at, survived, shot back and killed people... Yeah, I guess it's pretty obvious when you see me. ...Oh wow, look at her! Is she looking at m- Oh, no she's not. I bet bounty hunters get all the sexy girls, yeah...'
And so-on. His gloom over the darker aspects of his job had been completely eclipsed by his swelling ego, for now, at least.

He straightened his back as he went, altering his usual, purposeful stride to something more like a swagger, eyeing the people he passed and revelling in their stares. He came to a stop as the crowd surrounded them, half-listening to them without much interest-- he didn't have time for their petty errands!-- and was just about to wave them away and head to the bar when the last man caught his attention.

"Your sister?" Kaviv frowned. He thought of Galybe, who he had just been chatting with; and his younger sister Brelat, both of whom he loved dearly. He thought of just how important they were to him, and just what he would do to protect them, whether or not they really needed his protection-- that time he had gone into a rage when some coarse with a knife had tried to rob the kebab cart he was manning with Galybe, and how he'd smashed him repeatedly in the face with a metal tray until Galybe dragged him away for fear that he would kill the thief sprang to mind-- and he narrows his eyes thoughtfully and clasped the man on the shoulder.
"Come with me. I shall buy you a drink and then you can tell me all about this nasty business, yes?"

>Lead the man to the bar I was heading for, inspect the place and then buy a drink for each of us. (Don't drink anything too strong, though, since I am going back to work sooner than expected, it seems.)

>Quiz him about this cop, ask what his sister looks like and where she might be being held, all that relevant information.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 15, 2012, 04:26:44 pm »

I must be going crazy, because I remember typing up a post here.  Sorry about that!  You get the short version.

Forward what I have on Boka, minus anything incriminating or regarding the Consul.   Also ask for a partial reimbursement on the cost of getting an ID from his superiors.  Don't mention the source or wanting the data.

Also buy a thermal blade and two grav traps.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 17, 2012, 06:50:44 pm »

((Ack, it's always annoying when I re-read a post I've made and notice some glaring typo or other. :-[
I just put 'coarse', that was supposed to say 'coarse thug', I changed it a few too many times as I wrote it. It always bugs me when I have the big 'last edited' message on the bottom of my post, so I guess I'll just explain it here.

Anyway, Digital, I've been meaning to say: I am really, really enjoying this game. It is great.
I know I often seem to take ages to post, I seem really slack and lazy and everything, but that's really because this RtD is awesome enough that I actually care about what I post; I try to make sure that I play Kaviv believably, and try to fit him into the setting.
I probably fail miserably at that, but hey, I enjoy this game enough to try! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 18, 2012, 12:58:03 am »

Aww, oh you. You can take your time with my updating speed, don't worry. I really like what you're doing with Kaviv, the poor simple kebab vendor.

Now if Talarion would just post...

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 19, 2012, 04:54:05 pm »

Take myself a stroll, going around the area where the villa is located. Try to survey the area, see if there are any defenses/traps that could be taken care of in advance, or merely note them down. Basically, more intel gathering while being stealthy.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58