Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exploration for Amiga - Check Last Post.  (Read 3676 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exploration for Amiga - Check Last Post.
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:15:15 am »

So I was tidying up my CDs and came across this Old game of mine, Exploration.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its a game made by Interactive Magic and a Strategy game that is in the line of Colonization/Civilization with a little bit more towards the Age of Sails feel, choosing from 1 of the 4 nations, England, Spain, Portugal and France. You play as one of the 'Famous' Explorers such as Christopher Columbus and James Cook, you lead your nation by taking to the seas to find and colonize new lands to make your own and reap the riches of the land via mines or farms. Not only that but you can convince the natives to become part of your Nation by giving them trinkets or by feeding them lead bullets. There is even an Aztec Nation which is unconquerable by diplomatic shineys cause they have alot of Gems already, ripe for the picking. Even then you have to worry about random events such as Warehouse fires or Native attacks. Storms at sea and Scurvy and Hunger. Of course this is if you don't get attacked by the other Nations. You can fund research to advance weapon and ship technologies to go from Footmen to Horsemen and Cannons or Caravel to Carrack. Cur the favor of the Church and Excommunicate other Leaders which can lead to a lot of distrust and a loss of a ship and possibly more. Explore and Colonize the WORLD from Europe to America to even all the way around to Asia and if you get tired of traveling around the world you can gen up some Random maps to play in...

The thing is, that sounds all nice and exciting don't it. Well this game is pretty much non existent on anything knowledgeable on the net, its like it never existed. There is even one review that I could find that said it down right sucked. Well in truth it didn't, It had its moments of Cheaty AI but thats because AI had to be Cheaty in those days...

But in the end I am making this post to share an old game, and to see if anyone else ever stumbled across it in their youth. It was a 13/14th Bday Present for me. I would love to share more but the damn Net don't have any Screenshots of it. Maybe I will install it later and give it another play though...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:49:16 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Exploration for Amiga - A Game of Startegy and World Conquest...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 04:21:21 am »

i have the feeling i actually played it. But i do need a gameplay screenshot to be sure. Couldn't find it online.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:24:21 am »

I haven't played it, but a quick google search told me it's abandonware, so I may give it a try later
http://www.emuparadise.org/Abandonware_Games/Exploration_CD_(1995)(Interactive_Magic)/93276

EDIT: I can't get DOSbox to run it, but then again I've only used it once successfully :(
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:39:28 am by Xinvoker »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 04:32:21 am »

I googled it and everything but I don't remember that site ever appearing...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:43:38 am »

Post for watching.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:30:49 am »

I played it quiet a bit. Found it a few years ago and did a reinstall.

The game was pretty good but still had its issues. It didn't stand up to time as some of the other (Conquest of the New World, Colonization). A lot of interface systems were confusing and some systems don't work at all (like the auto trade). Many things were not explained.

Overall it was pretty decent. It was fun to go raid the Aztecs and steal a bunch of Gems then crash the gem market at your home port.

EDIT: I played it on DOS.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 04:23:13 am »

Would people be interested in a Stream of this??? I could Newb my way in setting one up with this game as a Starter...

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 04:57:48 am »

i have the feeling i actually played it. But i do need a gameplay screenshot to be sure. Couldn't find it online.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/exploration/screenshots
http://www.old-games.ru/game/screenshots/2120.html

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:09 am »

http://www.mobygames.com/game/exploration/screenshots
http://www.old-games.ru/game/screenshots/2120.html
Why are you people finding more pics then me when I looked for them??? GAH annoying...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 05:21:52 am »

OH GOD YES. YES I REMEMBER.
YES.
i never even manage to reach anything worthy.
i was like, 5 or 6 years old when i played this thing here.
Never outfitted anything, never conquered anything, never managed to make my forts go up. Nothing. always played and sometimes, i didn't even reach the americas...i died mid through.
BUT IT WAS ONE HELL OF A GAME. XD at least, that's what i recall from being a child.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 05:31:20 am »

Hahha I just noticed something... wangwill is a Fresh account who posted here for his first post and 'hid' spam by adding it into the quote... LOL... Reported anyway...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:34:12 am »

Hahha I just noticed something... wangwill is a Fresh account who posted here for his first post and 'hid' spam by adding it into the quote... LOL... Reported anyway...
Oh wow. Thats actually really clever.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 06:14:38 am »

He is not just a spambot. He is...SpamMan!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 06:31:24 am »

He is not just a spambot. He is...SpamMan!
AND THE MODS ARE SUPERMODS!!! Its already gone...
Pages: [1] 2