Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Gladiator's Arena  (Read 19456 times)

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator's Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 05:50:00 pm »

You could make youtube videos of each the arena fights, right?
I honestly would not want to spend a huge amount of time doing that and uploading all of them. Besides, you wouldn't really be able to tell who was who. Just a bunch of little "male" looking sprites and some blood etc. This is just a little fun thing for me to do outside of going to school full-time.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:06:04 pm by Mythologique »

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 06:04:29 pm »

You could make youtube videos of each the arena fights, right?

Why would she do that? Her descriptions of the fight would add more excitement, and if it was a video it would only show some letters dancing around a screen with words popping up.
Screenshots are also possible so we know precisely how it's going.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 08:17:21 pm »

what it shows that its says male on my computer. hmmm weird and dwarfinton's right i tried to do youtube but i couldnt get the vedios to work so in never did and screen shots would be nice i wish my computer would let me take them :'(
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 08:32:10 pm »

what it shows that its says male on my computer. hmmm weird and dwarfinton's right i tried to do youtube but i couldnt get the vedios to work so in never did and screen shots would be nice i wish my computer would let me take them :'(

You press PrtSc SysRq and use Ctrl+V in paint. Then you save it and upload it to imgur.com You can then take the forum link there, it's labeled "Messageboards," or whatever, on the left side and press Ctrl+V once more when you're typing a post.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 08:41:07 pm »

well im using a brand new school computer (its worth 400 dollars is a netbook and i get to keep it till i go to college!) so the buttons are very differnt none of the guides on how to take a screen shot work for me :'(
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 08:42:57 pm »

hey! another arena thread, ill enter a victim winner tomorrow!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 08:46:40 pm »

not if lafail joins...

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 12:02:12 am »

I am finding that writing out the little stories about the battles is difficult, some of the battles last forever with "filler" attacks (dodge, parry, miss, etc.) And even with the attacks that connect I still ended up with one battle being over 1,000 words. Doing that for several battles in a row is not my cup o' tea. I will however post a conclusion (who killed whom) and under a seperate spoiler I will post the battle report for all to enjoy. I tell ya though, dwarves get some insane teeth action going! First battles will be up after school tomorrow. Giving time for more prisoners entertainment warriors to show if they'd like.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:48:12 am by Mythologique »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 12:52:22 am »

You don't have to write out every single blow... Just something like "The combatants traded blows for some time, neither breaching the others defences until, suddenly, the goblin struck out with his sword, severing the elf's head from his shoulders! The crowd went wild!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 12:54:11 am »

You don't have to write out every single blow... Just something like "The combatants traded blows for some time, neither breaching the others defences until, suddenly, the goblin struck out with his sword, severing the elf's head from his shoulders! The crowd went wild!"

I was considering that, just giving the ending in story form basically.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:18 am »

Lol, put in hundreds of unarmed dwarves as the crowd. Then make them all hostle to you each other or something.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 03:33:41 pm »

Name:Rolf
Race:Dwarf

Stuff!
!!Steel Battle Ax!!
Bronze Helmet
Bronze Mail Shirt
Bronze Gauntlets
Bronze Leggings
Bronze High Boots
Bronze Shield
Skills:
Axe: 3
Armor: 1
 dodge: 1
5 left?

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »

Race: Human
Weapon: Adamantine longsword (185)
Armor:
Bronze mail shirt (35)
Skill(s):
4 AG in dodge (120)
5 AG in swords (150)
AG Total: 490

Btw, why no leather armor and wooden shields? Or copper at all?

Also, after a fight, will you record stat increases to add, or do they reset to what we buy?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »

Btw, why no leather armor and wooden shields? Or copper at all?

Also, after a fight, will you record stat increases to add, or do they reset to what we buy?
I am using metal armor because I only have melee weapons. Copper is a poor metal to make armor from. Stats do not increase for the simple reason that, in testing, I've seen a character get very overpowered very quickly vs a new character. I reset each character each battle and they are reset to what you buy. Thanks for joining! :)

By 9PM PST the first battles will be up. The "short story" will only be a write up about the final blow. I will post a text log (from DF) of the actual full battle for your reading pleasure.

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00:07 pm »

Race: Human (would like to call it The Black Mist if possible)
Weapon: Steel Short Sword (135 AG)
Armor: Bronze Helm (35 AG), Bronze Breastplate (55 AG), Bronze Gauntlets (55 AG), Bronze Greaves (55 AG), Bronze High Boots (35 AG).
Skill(s): 4 points on Dodging (120 AG).
AG Total: 490 (10 AG remaining)

Edited due to miscalculations on my part.

You actually have 30 AG not 10. Bronze Gauntlets are 35 AG, not 55 AG.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7