Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65077 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2011, 12:26:03 pm »

Say Ggamer, I've got some colonization tech. And the Unity is in many ways supportive of other nations.
And you have tech I could use.. Say perhaps, Colonization 3 for your information on Officer Training, and Espionage?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2011, 12:30:53 pm »

Or I could send you Colonization 2 for only Espionage. Your choice. But don't forget who's the superpower just south of you. :P

Also, Cybergenesis, do you wish to strike a treaty and curb your military forces, or do we go to war?

Oh, and JohnFalcon, be cautious. You're doing it again. Threatening other people with your future might etc etc. Didn't go well for you last time. And yeah, adwarf didn't do anything to you, so consider him moderately under my protection. (You can still attack him if you find a good reason though.)

Does someone want to trade techs for economic advisers?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2011, 12:33:56 pm »

Alland takes over half of continent!
Alland was the one that was steamrolled by me.

Also Cript, if you were me, you would've taken Alland too. The advantages were many, and I had a quite good chance at victory. I would've been an idiot if I did not take it.

And adwarf is the one that most likely plans to invade me, seeing about what he said eariler.
And if I am right and he does try invade me, don't say anything when I attack him back.
(Considering that I win the battle, but given that I have better Infantry, and the fact that he needs to attack me by sea, I think I have a better chance at winning.)

(( P.S. And if Adwarf does invade me and I lose, I swear I will never forgive myself. ))
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2011, 12:34:54 pm »

Yknow, I consider JF under his own protection. He seems to be able to handle himself. I think the Unity may work well with the N.R.E in the future.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2011, 12:39:29 pm »

As I said, if he attacks you, he's fair game. I may intervene to help one side or the other, but that'll depend on my situation then.

It's for your own good, really, you've improved a lot, I'm trying to prevent you from doing the same mistakes again.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2011, 12:41:49 pm »

Thank you.

And trust me, I do not plan on doing what I have done before.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2011, 12:52:37 pm »

If you can manage a deal that doesn't end in us being minor subordinates to you, sure. Knowing you though? Your own ego and arrogance won't allow you to play 'partner' let alone a less-than-lead role in any alliance. Give it your best shot though
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2011, 01:00:57 pm »

If I may, the territory proposal was..-fair- ish. Might I suggest that you three declare a ceasefire based on some conditions:
-No further military production by any of the 3 sides.
-All three turns are displayed publicly.
-Sheb spends a sizeable chunk of income this turn (something like $350-400k) on Colonization research and shares the resulting research with Criptfeind and Cybergenesis, with NO addendums or provisions. This will enable them to actually colonize the chunks of land set out in the initial territory proposal within a reasonable timeframe.

By doing this, Sheb will show himself to be willing to step into an equal role with the other nations of that continent. And not a  position over the other nations, as would have resulted from his previous deal.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2011, 01:05:44 pm »

Mmmmmh, I don't like the though of being stuck with less ground forces that you CyberGenesis. And yeah, I though the former deal was as fair as I could do given our respectives starting positions (I was always going to get easier sports if only because I landed on a plain next to forests...)

So I'll accept Terenos' deal if I'm allowed to build up 40,000$ worth of troops more, so that our armies are equivalent.

P.S. Also, I'd like you to notice that your current position as a minor player results mostly from your decision not to curtail troops training. Otherwise I wouldn't have expanded nearly as much.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2011, 01:37:23 pm »

The unfairness, and thus Terenos' colonization recommendation, is that in the time it would take us to colonize our terrible land types you'd already have all your lands, 10s if not 100s of 1000s of funds over us. Explain how that is fair?

And no, my statement wasnt in regard to my current situation. My statement was in regard to every alliance i've ever seen you draw up. You always take the lead and maintain enough of an advantage over anyone else in the alliance that if they turned on you you'd be safely able to overpower them. Which is again what you tried to do to us with your division of the land.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2011, 01:39:27 pm »

And no-one seems to take advantage of the fact that he has a very small military for his empire's size, and that's usually concentrated. I was going to backstab sheb in F@W.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2011, 01:42:35 pm »

..Wait really? Damn. I mean, after I funded the pirates and everything I was going to use my new navy(And yknow, phantom warriors) to ride roughshod over the Isle of Tempests. I thought you were coming after me!
If only I'd known!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2011, 01:46:11 pm »

Still. And in C@W: Hyper edition most of his forces were spread out. Usually one infantry unit per province. He pretty much goes around being nazi germany. And this time around these both a US and USSR going onto him.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2011, 01:58:51 pm »

Where you Taricus? Me and and Cript were going to go on a rampage, and I was going to basically one-shot the Foul Empire. I don't think you could've pulled it off, except if Cript was also ready to betray me.

CG: You've only seen me in F@W then. Go read this game's predecessor, C@W. I actually did help my ally and our alliance went on until we were of equal strength and in the end he was bigger than me. (Of course I had a plan to backstab him if needed, but I didn't use it. That's the point).

As for the time it'd take you to colonize those lands type, that's why I'm ready to commit myself into investing half a million in colonization tech for your use. (Let's say spread over two turns). What I'm saying is that you chose to land in place whith poor land type. I chose to land in a place with easy colonization. I won't cripple myself to make up for your bad choices. I'd slow down my colonization to elt you catch up tough.

P.S Taricus: the Infantry was just there to prevent revolt. Since you can move troops instantly, there's no need to have lots on them on the defesnee, since you can just bring back all of them instantly to counter an attack. Also, I had 8 domm satellites and was planning to invade you in a turn's time and would have done so if USEC hadn't stopped the game.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2011, 02:04:40 pm »

I'd tell you tthe full details on what us tempestians were up to, but I keep a lid on such information.

C@W, I'll give you that. Though I say that I did start off in a not-so-good position when I took Ragnarok's place.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70