Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Post here your fortress ideas  (Read 9218 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Post here your fortress ideas
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2011, 01:55:03 pm »

Fisher outpost.

Embark on a coast.  Feed every dwarf with only fish. Your dwarfs must also drink only fisher berry wine.
Perhaps build a dock with boats and a lighthouse. Build a fish farm too

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2011, 03:51:47 pm »

Embark on an empty human fort. Improve its design.

Or, make sure every dwarf drinks only sunshine and eats only *dwarven syrup roasts* or masterwork ones.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2011, 07:01:11 pm »

Embark on a seasonally frozen sea (Use something like EmbarkAnywhere). Pump up magma and make a fort out of the ocean.
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »

Build the Tristram Cathedral from Diablo, dig out all the levels etc. and then dig out the HFS.

Goal is to fight all the clowns back using only a handful of soldiers.

Bonus points for placing an almost-dead guy near the Cathedral entrance for authenticity, and for getting various creatures inside it to roam around for more variety.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:48:20 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »

The Crusader's Pit Stop.

Build a fort with the end goal of equipping, outfitting, supplying and training of 200 soldiers. When migrant come in, they are immediately recruited into the military.

Once you've outfitted your army, dump all excess low-value items and abandon the fort.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2011, 09:17:35 am »

Mos Eisley

Build Mos Eisley from Starwars. embark on a desert and build your city out of clay.
-remember to build the cantina and the hangar. The latter can be used as barracks
-build from clay

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2011, 09:20:39 am »

Screw fancy- Im just surviving!
I have a gobbo siege, a Illitihid siege, and a centuar siege.
The Gobbo's and Cent's are fighting the Ill's, and losing.
My dorf's are massing north of them, getting ready to charge blindly into 3 sieges.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2011, 09:38:33 am »

Screw fancy- Im just surviving!
I have a gobbo siege, a Illitihid siege, and a centuar siege.
The Gobbo's and Cent's are fighting the Ill's, and losing.
My dorf's are massing north of them, getting ready to charge blindly into 3 sieges.
This thread isnt only for megaprojects. you can post a screenshot of your fortress for others to get influence and learn new small ideas.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2011, 05:10:55 pm »

Well, crap! If I'd known this thread existed, I wouldn't have made a seperate one for this idea I had for a fort based off The Thief and The Cobbler. Essentially, the idea would be to have a "golden city" with a palace designed like an Escher print out in a desert, some kind of tower made of hands & idol nearby, and possibly a mountain range as well. There also would need to be 3 golden balls (the movie's McGuffin) to go atop another tower within the fort proper, as well as some kind of massive war machine that could be destroyed by hitting one key support. You know, for maximum !!FUN!!.

I'm not quite sure how to properly stock this fort, at least pet-wise, since large herds of elephants (which appear late in the movie) are currently difficult to keep as tame ones fed without having massive pasture areas and it'd kill the fps. Crocodiles, though, would be easy keep since they don't need to eat, as would the vultures. Another problem would be finding the gold, but there's always traders from the mountain home.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2011, 02:00:40 pm »

National heros.

Name one or two of your dwarfs by your national heroes/characters. For example have your king or military commander be Lionheart, or Canute the great, or Alexander the great, or Napoleon etc

Do everything to make them match their real life counterparts, Ludvig the 16th for the king with very expensive taste

When they die, build a temple for their memorial
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]