Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The LCS Wiki...  (Read 4240 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The LCS Wiki...
« on: May 27, 2011, 12:59:24 pm »

...is terribly out of date and needs some rather libral organization and editing. I'm thinking I might take a quick stab at updating it to the recent revision. I'd like to volunteer myself for that endevor, but I have a few questions.

Aside from the m249, is there any other gun that trains Heavy Weapon's Skill?

What issues are associated with some of the new sites? (The Military base influances Military Spending, but I think it also influences Gay Rights? Am I wrong here?)

What new professions have been added since the last major wiki update? (I know the Locksmith has been added in Trunk, any others?)

Would anyone want to help me with this?

I'll post any further questions I have in this thread as well.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The LCS Wiki...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 01:14:18 pm »

There are 2 heavy weapons in LCS: M249 machine gun and M2 flamethrower.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:29:05 pm »

The M2 Flamethrower is only availible from the Firefighter HQ when Free Speech laws are C+, correct?

I've thrown together a quick example page for locations, using the Police Station as an example: any thoughts for improving it?

http://lcs.wikidot.com/police-station
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:19:51 pm by Jamini »

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 06:38:54 pm »

Wait. Doesn't the M2 use flamethrower skill?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 06:39:48 pm »

Flamethrower skill has been removed in favor of heavy weapons.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 09:05:51 pm »

If I'd kept Flamethrower separate, we'd have had two different skills tied to two different unique/rare large weapons. I felt it made more sense to consolidate a bit.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 09:08:27 pm »

Not that you can tell what skill is used in-game, because LCS is about as self-documenting as a set of tarot cards. *dodges incoming blows*
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »

Not that you can tell what skill is used in-game, because LCS is about as self-documenting as a set of tarot cards. *dodges incoming blows*

I think my Tarot cards are offended.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 12:32:37 am »

I tried to update the Wiki about six months ago but it turned out to be harder than I thought so I took my Monty Python's Flying Circus DVD box, watched it over, returned to my PC and was frustrated to see the Wiki still outdated and so I was forced to watch the Flying Circus again.

In any case, documentation is always welcome. If someone is good at HTML or making fancy PDF files, we could include a professional-looking manual with the game, illustrated (like all fancy PDF manuals) hand-drawn AK-47s and bad guys.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 06:46:52 am »

Downtown, what activities are influenced at what sites?

I'm aware of the obvious ones: Police Regulation at the Police Station, Appointment of Libral Judges and Death Penalty at the Courthouse. But are there any less obvious ones? (For example, occasionally Cable News Memos will gives you a Woman's Rights boost, is that influenced when you attack the site too?)

I'm also not sure about issues that are involved with the Cigar Bar or the Latte stand. I'm fairly sure the latter doesn't have any related issues.

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 11:13:35 am »

The gentleman's club definitely affects women's rights if you raid it, but I don't know about the latte stand.
Cake throne needs cake, badly.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 12:15:31 pm »

I'm on too frail connection to dive the source (and I'm on the machine that doesn't have a working copy of the code), but here's what I can remember...

Police station affects police regulation, and some others too - I think drugs and racial equality are included...
Court room affects gay rights, free speech, liberal justices and death penalty at least.
Cable and AM have their own issues, in addition I think both are related to free speech and gay rights, possibly others
Fire station, IIRC, only does anything special (apart from hosting axemen!) when C+, then it's free speech.
Gents club has women's rights, I also think there were taxes but I'm not at all sure.
Latte stand has nothing, it's just a place to find new friends.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 04:07:40 pm »

Latte stand has nothing, it's just a place to find new friends.
...and friends , and "friends"

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 02:38:03 am »

Latte stand does have pretty much everybody, from CCS vigilantes to agents and corp executives. The main drawback is that unlike the Cigar Bar, most of them are lowly garbagemen and other non-interesting characters. The Cigar Bar seems to be populated almost solely by security, managers and other good sleeper characters.

EDIT: After some time of playing from a simulated total newbie viewpoint, I think the parts that require documentation the most are sites. A short description for each site for atmosphere and information (what issues could be changed here, what special actions are available here, what kind of resistance should be expected here...) would be nice. I'll get busy and try to get them done today. Weapons and armor could also use some online documentation.

MORE EDIT: Anyone know where I can find the site-issue relations? I've been ransacking the code, very badly obviously since I haven't found it yet.'

Found'em.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:30:45 am by Kay12 »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:24 am »

If you didn't notice, I already started on that. Feel free to add anything you think is relevant. I've made individual site pages for all of Downtown and the Commercial district. The University District should be next. is now up.

This is the template I've been using:

Code: [Select]
--Under Construction-- //For obvious reasons

Location [[[Zone]]]

Common Encounters:
//What most of the encounters in this area are. E.G. Sweatshop Workers and Security at the Garmet Makers
Other Encounters:
//For zones with a lot of random encounters. E.G. The wide variety of people other than police that you can find at the police station.
Special Encounters:
//Special Encounters like the CEO, Landlords, Angry Jurors, etc.

Response Type:
//Who responds. SWAT, Local Gangs, Conservative masses, Agents, Military, etc etc

Valid Disguises:
//What disguises work here. Partial disguises should be mentioned. If a disguise only works with a particular law (such as Dresses in the Gentleman's Club)  I try and mention that too.

[U]seable Tiles:
//Special actions you can take here.

Site Issues:
//What issues raiding the site will bring into light

<<Description>> //A brief 2-3 paragraph description. Special loot or buyable stuff should be mentioned here.

------
+   [[[Zone]]] //What area this place is in. once all the locations have an individual page, this will link to the locations page
<table> //A 4-wide table with all of the other locations in this zone. To help ease navigating.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:59:25 am by Jamini »

Pages: [1] 2