Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183263 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #375 on: July 18, 2011, 03:12:05 pm »

Just started a pure mage on level and currently have 13 magic power. Dragon breath does good damage, but the bomb just makes everything die and since I have blood mage, if I kill a big enough crowd, it
doesnt even use any mana. I also have fungus, so as a final "fuck you" I make shrooms out of them for killing all their friends.

I dont think those posters about my crimes are propaganda.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 18, 2011, 03:16:04 pm »

Has anybody found out a good skill build for a duel wielding character that includes the pyro magic?
Ive been trying to find one, but it never works out right.
Can anybody help?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 18, 2011, 03:21:08 pm »

Does anyone know what lutefisk is used for when donating at a statue?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2011, 03:25:04 pm »

Does anyone know what lutefisk is used for when donating at a statue?

random artifacts, I think the amount you donate at a time has an impact more so than the total amount donated.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2011, 03:26:22 pm »

Has anybody found out a good skill build for a duel wielding character that includes the pyro magic?
Can anybody help?

I've been putting assassination on any duel wielding character I find.  Its an easy skill to max out and seems to give big bang for the buck.

I've been often building guys like:

Weapon Skill(usually mace, but sometimes sword)
Duel Wield
Assassination
Dodge
Burglary
Random Magic Skill(in this case, pyro)
Random other skill(often archeology or perception)

Usually works out okay.  Most of the times I've died with this is because I did something dumb rather than being straight out outclassed.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 18, 2011, 03:33:59 pm »

Can anybody help?
You can use the one I used for PURE DAMAGE!

Indinana Jones(artifact reroll FTW), Staves(some give magic power by default), Dual Wielding(obviously), fire(see Dual Wielding), viking(for damage), The last two are up to preferance but I would go for
the free lockpicks and blood magic, magic training would also be good, or maybe shrooms. This is pretty magic oriented so you really shouldnt use this build if youre going moar crits or are addicted to dodging
or something.

I personally consider dual wielders to be glass cannons, kill enemies before they can hit you and I found this build to work at least for me.

EDIT: Ninjad, Levi proposed a nice build too.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:46 pm »

Can anybody help?

I've been putting assassination on any duel wielding character I find.  Its an easy skill to max out and seems to give big bang for the buck.

I've been often building guys like:

Weapon Skill(usually mace, but sometimes sword)
Duel Wield
Assassination
Dodge
Burglary
Random Magic Skill(in this case, pyro)
Random other skill(often archeology or perception)

Usually works out okay.  Most of the times I've died with this is because I did something dumb rather than being straight out outclassed.

I'm doing a pure Melee build, and it's working like a charm:

Any weapon proficiency(For mine, I chose axes)
Berserker Rage
Dual-wielding(I recommend choosing a 2nd weapon proficiency if you're going with this, although I didn't)
Artful Dodging(To replace not having a shield)
Deadshot
Burglery(Recommended if you're not going with a 2nd weapon skill)
Assassination(Recommend you skill this to max first, to does alot of bonus damage)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:42:21 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »

Hey, how common are those lutefisk cubes?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "uncommon" since I usually have about 1 by the time I'm done with dungeon level 2.
Aherp. I got one on level 1 :V

And then my save got corrupted :/

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2011, 03:40:57 pm »

Can anybody help?
You can use the one I used for PURE DAMAGE!

Indinana Jones(artifact reroll FTW), Staves(some give magic power by default), Dual Wielding(obviously), fire(see Dual Wielding), viking(for damage), The last two are up to preferance but I would go for
the free lockpicks and blood magic, magic training would also be good, or maybe shrooms. This is pretty magic oriented so you really shouldnt use this build if youre going moar crits or are addicted to dodging
or something.

I personally consider dual wielders to be glass cannons, kill enemies before they can hit you and I found this build to work at least for me.

EDIT: Ninjad, Levi proposed a nice build too.

Viking Magic is not worth it. Dual-wielders are actually NOT glass cannons if you have Artful Dodger, since it can replace not using a shield skill.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2011, 03:41:06 pm »

Hey, how common are those lutefisk cubes?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "uncommon" since I usually have about 1 by the time I'm done with dungeon level 2.
Aherp. I got one on level 1 :V

Same here, most of the time. But they are pretty uncommon - 1 per 2 dungeon levels is about my average.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2011, 03:50:19 pm »

Viking Magic is not worth it. Dual-wielders are actually NOT glass cannons if you have Artful Dodger, since it can replace not using a shield skill.
The game tells me that an artful dodger with 2 points dumped gives 9 dodge chance and 2 of whateverthatstatwascalled. Viking gives 2 electric resist and 3 damage with no stat points.

Artful dodger has the jump though, which might be invaluable for mining with fire or as an escape.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, Acid Bolt traps, screw you.
        Sincerely, Cerapa.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:52:13 pm by cerapa »

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2011, 04:01:03 pm »

Sincerely, Cerapa.

Yeah, there is always that hallway thats 1 tile wide on level 1 that has that trap in it and its a pain to disarm it.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2011, 04:01:50 pm »

The game tells me that an artful dodger with 2 points dumped gives 9 dodge chance and 2 of whateverthatstatwascalled. Viking gives 2 electric resist and 3 damage with no stat points.

Artful dodger has the jump though, which might be invaluable for mining with fire or as an escape.

Sincerely, Cerapa.

Dear Cerapa,

We have recieved your letter about our Acid Bolt Traps(TM) being too dangerous sitting in dungeons and many people dying from them. We at BoltCorp value your complaints and hope to fix them, but unfortunately, we had in mind of Acid Bolt Traps being used to fend off invasions, not dungeon intruders. Therefore, we cannot help you at this time to remove the traps out of the dungeon without the consent of the of the purchaser(In this case, Lord Dredmor).

Sincerely, BoltCorp

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2011, 04:06:16 pm »

Yay! Just beaten Dredmor on moderate. He's pushover compared to these ridiculous arch diggles (they are probably just using him as a puppet government of the dungeon :P). High score should somehow mark games won instead of just by Lord Dredmor though :/

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:39 pm »

So much for my lucky character, i opened a chest and a named unfriendly AI came out who had 100 health. :(
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 90