Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183070 times)

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2011, 08:57:39 pm »

I just found an extra lutefisk cube, so I tried to transmute it into lutefisk. A huge explosion ensued, killing my character.  :P  I love this game
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »

I just found an extra lutefisk cube, so I tried to transmute it into lutefisk. A huge explosion ensued, killing my character.  :P  I love this game

For serious? I've been unable to split up lutefisk cubes, like the other crafting instruments.

That trick apaprently doesn't work for crafting instruments, though. Kind of weird, but eh.

I think it's all involved in a bug regarding the way the pocket-inventories for various crafting items are handled. All crafting items of the same type store items placed in them in the same pocket of extra-dimensional space. See my last post.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2011, 09:38:55 pm »

I tried making a very dwarfy character, but I am not sure what skills to choose.. any help?

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:29 pm »

I didn't do any kind of glitch, I just tried to transmute a horadric lutefisk cube I found into lutefisk.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2011, 10:04:26 pm »

I tried making a very dwarfy character, but I am not sure what skills to choose.. any help?
i've got (not sure on exact names) mace mastery, assassination, dodge, astrology, blood magic, archaeology, and... something that must not be important because I can't remember itI forgot BERSERKER RAGE (it's pretty awesome). So far I'm doing quite well (and I'm kind of starting to resemble a legendary hammerer).
Spoiler: Stats picture (click to show/hide)
I've got a bunch of crit and dodge and I have a chance to knock my enemies clear across the room (maxed assassination and dodge with the first 4 levels, and boosted mace mastery with the 5th). Oh and in case they actually get to try and hit me I can dodge them completely, counter, and/or hit them with the basic astrology buff. And I never run out of mana because I only use it on that buff and get it back whenever I kill something. It's pretty awesome so far (about 1/3 of the way through the second level). You guys got me all worried when I ran into a Deth on floor one... I cleared the rest of the floor, came back, and killed it in 3 hits. Did the same to the next 7 or 8 I met on the second floor.

More dwarfy than me would probably be to swap out magic skills for shield and armor mastery skills. And probably get smithing and/or tinkering.  Oh and has anyone run across the recipe for deep omelettes? 4 diggle eggs in an ingot press gives you an omelette that heals you for 60hp!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:12:10 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:18 pm »

Probably misremembering some names, but: Axe Mastery, Master of Arms, Berserker Rage, Viking Magic, Smithing, Archeology, Fungology.

SO DWARFY. And, actually, a decent looking build.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »

Probably misremembering some names, but: Axe Mastery, Master of Arms, Berserker Rage, Viking Magic, Smithing, Archeology, Fungology.

SO DWARFY. And, actually, a decent looking build.

Hmm.. The mace weapon skill do include the word Dwarven at some point.. Ah well thanks anyway.
When my current adventurer have either succeeded or died, I might roll something like that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:05:33 pm by Ultimuh »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2011, 10:32:19 pm »

Hehe yeah, the level 2 mace skill is Dwarven Handshake and that's the one that knocks them across the room.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2011, 11:10:43 pm »

What on earth are you supposed to do when you find a monster party with 100 monsters all moshpitting in one room? Even if I run, I only manage to escape for a couple turns before my unfortunate demise...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2011, 11:12:58 pm »

What on earth are you supposed to do when you find a monster party with 100 monsters all moshpitting in one room? Even if I run, I only manage to escape for a couple turns before my unfortunate demise...

Try getting them to a bottleneck, that way you can take them on one at a time.
But yeah, I hate stumbling into the Zoos.

Also.. I.. Hate.. Kleptoslimes..
STAY AWAY FROM MY BOOZE! D:

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:53 pm »

That reminds me of a webcomic I read once...

Anyhow, mastered assasination makes everything die quickly.
Now to make my swordy-stabby abilities strong...
Everybody!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2011, 11:58:29 pm »

Very few games can make me laugh audibly, but this one has made me do it a few times already and I've only been playing for half an hour. A part of me wishes for a bit more.. something. I can't really put my finger on it, game play feels a bit slow. But I guess that's what happens when you mash the 'o' key on DCSS every night.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2011, 12:14:58 am »

What dost you do with ores?

I  know what to do with BARS presses grinders and anvils. but not ores.
Everybody!

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2011, 12:45:31 am »

Just whack them in the ingot press (I think thats the one) and turn them in to metal.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2011, 01:37:49 am »

How do you sell stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 90