Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Fall Of Democracy 2011: Let England Shake  (Read 4454 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Of Democracy 2011: Let England Shake
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »

Make friends with local arms dealers.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2011, 04:45:31 pm »

(I'll take your advice.)

The Militants search for nearby arms dealers to befriend. However, arms dealers are not that common due to guns still being illegal in the UK, making just plain asking around quite impossible.

The Holy Church searches for a large broadcasting screen. The ones they find are very well defended, so they settle for hijacking the news. They convince 19 people to join the church.

The SIJ has a bit of trouble finding recruits, and can only find one. However, this recruit manages to completely destroy a government building, increasing public opinion.

The Arbitrators manages to protect people from injustice, ranging from the minor to the very major. Grateful, 11 people join. However, the public opinion is not changed fully mainly because of the Arbitrators being declared vigilantes, and against the law.

The New Britannian Empire convinces 19 loyalists to become in service of the future monarchy. Public opinion leans toward the positive.

The Liberators attempt to hijack the news program in the wake of the Church's attempt. However, this is interrupted by increased defenses, which would require a lot more skill and equipment to bypass. The recruiting doesn't go well, but they do get six hoodlums to serve them. The training goes smoothly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:48:59 pm by Fniff »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2011, 04:48:54 pm »

recruit.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2011, 04:53:22 pm »

I meant that the ten new people should destroy government buildings, but whatever.
The society sends a newsletter to people in the US in the hacker community, urging them to aid them in their DDOS attack on ThinkPol (the thought police!) or its equivalent (I.e., domestic spies.)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2011, 04:54:30 pm »

I'd like to get a message to the Church about the Information we received from the Spies. 3 recruits with family in london (i.e. a reason for travel) should be sent down to warn them of these possible Injustices.

I'd like to maintain a presence on the streets, but also search some more disused police stations for equipment; Radios, Riot Armour etc.

We may be against the law, but the law is made by those who perpetrate the Injustice in this land. We are the true lawbringers, and we're bringing Justice back one step at a time!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2011, 05:00:41 pm »

The NBE has 69 supporters.

I guess you could say...
There are a lot of positions in their organization  8)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2011, 05:05:50 pm »

Keep recruiting, also, get a handful of loyal subjects to get an overview of London's military and police forces.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2011, 05:17:49 pm »

Attempt to find a different station to hyjack that has less defence, but still a good amount of viewers, under the same conditions as before. If none can be found, hyjack a radio station. If that fails... well, we can always go door-to-door.

Question new recurits about possible skills and their opinion of us. If they manage to pass our standards without any particularly suspicious behavior, welcome them into our standards and let them begin crafting their masks.

Send five Parkour trained members to recurit from the popluance.

Send another five Members to attempt to find black market brokers. Perchase as many weapons as possible if you find one. If unable to find, make due by collecting makeshift weapons.

Countiue Parkour trainning upon all inactive members as planned.

Spoiler: Group Status (click to show/hide)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »

Church of the Apocalypse

Their latest attempt to spread their message was a success. The church was full of new faces and this pleased The Grand Bishop. Now was the time to prepare a stronger message. But they would need proper supplies to ensure that God's message was heard loud and clear.

Gather bomb making supplies for suicide vests.

If any messengers arrive, welcome them with open arms and offer them food and shelter for as long as they are staying. Be sure to give them reading material on the beliefs of the Church.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2011, 05:56:19 pm »

The Militants manage to recruit about four people.

The SIJ recruit 12 hackers to the group. These hackers cannot do anything physical, but they can do virtual stuff with 100% efficiency. However, remember the USA has collapsed in civil war, along with the rest of the world. Beware of sudden cut-offs. The SIJ put a DDOS attack on MI5, and manage to do it. No virtual members lost this turn. Public interest sparks.

The Liberators gather six loyal and untrained civilians with Parkour trained ones. They hack into a less popular station and gather 16 people. The parkour training finishes up with the remaining inactive people. 15 weapons were gathered (9 Bullpups, the rest Benelli M4 Super 90s. This provides a neat bonus for combat missions, of plus 1 for every 10 weapons.

The Arbitrators gather 2 Glocks. This does not provide a bonus. However, 10 riot armor does.

The Church of the Apocalypse starts to gather bomb making supplies for suicide vests. By the end of the turn, they make about 17 vests. These attack governmental building. You'll lose a member, but you'll gain support.

The NBE finds that the police is very heavily armed and a shoot to kill order is allowed. They are basically given free reign, and it is fine to arrest people and break into houses without a warrant or even any suspicion of crime. This has led to a lot of corruption. The army is mostly preoccupied with annexing Ireland and trying to keep the rebellion down in Scotland. They recruit 11 people.

The discussion between the Church and the Arbitrators...Becomes very riled. During all this, one of the Arbitrators gets shot. This makes things tense to say the least.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2011, 06:07:33 pm »

The SIJ uses their virtual supporters' computer-fu to determine whether there are any nuclear bombs still unactivated on British soil. They also increase their influence with the public by distributing fliers about the path that the government is going down:
"Oppression leads to suffering. Suffering leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to a revolution. The time for that revolution is NOW. We need to get our freedom back! Join the SIJ, and free Britain!"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:09:30 pm by choobakka »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »

Heavily armed.. hmm.. Some subjects should locate some underground weapons dealers,
who would gladly help even out the chances for me.
And some are ordered to recruit more people who will do anything to set the Democracy ablaze.

Also, send out a handful to check up on the current monarchy. (You know, the royal house. Unless they have already been killed off by the corrupt government?)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:24:27 pm by Ultimuh »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2011, 06:28:05 pm »

Break off contact with the Church. I'm not interested in people who'll shoot peaceful Messengers. Next time we meet, there will most likely be bloodshed.

We'll keep up our presence on the streets, and see if we can find any information on the fates of our lost spies.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2011, 06:46:50 pm »

Church of the Apocalypse

The meeting between the Arbitrators had not gone as smoothly as the Grand Bishop had wanted. To say the least, he was furious. He would need to instill the message that his word was to be followed to the letter. The transgression would not go unpunished...

In the mean time The Church would have to step up it's efforts to gather a larger flock. More members is always a good thing, but the Grand Bishop knew that sometimes the quality of the person was sometimes more important than the number of followers. If we could get members of the government to understand God's message, it would be easier to spread that message to the rest of the country.

Have members try and abduct members of parliament. We will then brain wash them into seeing the truth of the message of the Apocalypse

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2011, 07:16:02 pm »

I am offically the first faction to obtain weapons.

I am so badass.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8