Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131204 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1395 on: October 09, 2015, 01:09:27 pm »

Rocket launcher.
Alternatively, sneaking.
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 09, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »

Rocket launcher.
Alternatively, sneaking.
You've played MGO right?
Low levels do not even have access to rocket launchers or other such heavy ordinance that could deal with it.  Which most players and I still are.  (I've seen some high levels with fancy gear though... few and far between still.)
And you need at least 2 full clips with the assault rifle to take one down when it knows which direction you are coming from.  More in actual combat.  Pretty damned hard if its also shooting at you.

Sneaking doesn't work if they can run circles around you.  Its hard to fail the keep mobile or get the cqc check.  Even harder to fail when they have foot support watching their backs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:22:31 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 09, 2015, 01:27:29 pm »

I... Haven't... I have PC..... Didn't I say this? :P
But, oh. I didn't realize, like, any of that.
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 09, 2015, 01:40:03 pm »

Well, there is more to the vs walker thing, but yea, they are highly mobile battlefield tanks which can rule the field with foot support.  (I cringe everytime an allied walker goes off alone where noone can possibly watch their backs.)

And sorry, I forget that there is a version other then what I'm playing sometimes.  (PS4)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 09, 2015, 02:51:14 pm »

It is very much a team-based game.

Took me too long to figure that out :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 10, 2015, 03:41:47 pm »

Trying to finish upgrading my main base platforms, and...
Why does no resource seem to matter except for fuel?  I'm using a (customized) UN-ARC-NL two generations behind what I've researched, simply to avoid burning 320 fuel resources every freakin deployment.  I've sold a ton of metal and biologicals.  Since the very early game, I've *never* been out of anything except fricken fuel resources.

Here I am trying to complete the perfect stealth bonus missions, having failed several times, and I see a shipping container of fuel and I'm like "totally worth retrieving".

why can't I do business with OPEC or something, I'm basically working for them in Afghanistan.  Ugh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 10, 2015, 04:25:09 pm »

It's because almost every time you upgrade a platform you spend Fuel.
And the more you upgrade the six platforms that don't use Fuel, the more you need.
Just go rob Mosquito's FOB until you have enough.
Black lives matter.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 10, 2015, 04:31:51 pm »

It's because almost every time you upgrade a platform you spend Fuel.
And the more you upgrade the six platforms that don't use Fuel, the more you need.
Just go rob Mosquito's FOB until you have enough.

Mosquito?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 10, 2015, 04:33:30 pm »

The FOB event?
Black lives matter.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 10, 2015, 04:35:42 pm »

The FOB event?

Dunno, haven't played in a while.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 10, 2015, 04:41:27 pm »

It keeps spamming me about some event but the one time I tried, it said I was disconnected.
Is it an NPC?  I don't really want to aggress on another player without provocation.  Mainly because I'm not that interested in the FOB game.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 10, 2015, 04:46:55 pm »

It's an NPC, yeah. Another one of the "previous MSF soldier gone bad" things. You get the usual FOB rewards in addition to A++ staff for raiding a platform.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 10, 2015, 07:27:41 pm »

It's an NPC, yeah. Another one of the "previous MSF soldier gone bad" things. You get the usual FOB rewards in addition to A++ staff for raiding a platform.

Mosquito is the dude who assaulted Mother Base in mission 21/22 (can't remember specifically)

You also get 1 S++ staff for the first platform and the last platfom that you finish.

It would take quite a long time to get fuel from that, though. I think there's only 1500 per platform :o

If you're up to it, raid some player FOBs. I did that earlier today just to get more fuel. I'll probably have to do it again, though... I also feel like an utter bastard when I do it, too :)) I did four FOB missions and got around 50k of unprocessed fuel, so it's worth it.

The Combat Deployment missions also give you resources for the Near/Far Water Exploration missions.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 10, 2015, 07:31:47 pm »

Actually, the guy from Mission 22 gets taken out during Mission 22. It's someone else.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 10, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »

Actually, the guy from Mission 22 gets taken out during Mission 22. It's someone else.

It's his PF, not actually him ;)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 124