Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130816 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2015, 12:09:11 pm »

Watching this demo (link) I can't help but get a sort of Monster Hunter vibe. Going out to gather plants? Having hunters for hire your lackeys go out and do stuff for you? Sounds Monster Hunter enough for me, now it just needs a farm with cat people.

Playing as various other not-snake people seems like a cool idea, and it even has female soldiers which is also pretty neat for some variety.

Calling in indirect fire support seems like a cool idea, and they even have smoke screens. Manipulating the weather though? That's silly, but hey, it's MGS, soooo...
Same sort of thing with diamonds randomly spawning in your base... silly, but whatever. At least it justifies the fly-around your helicopter does before landing so you can spot them in the air.

THose shower look amazing. Not only is it a normal shower for cleaning your body, but it acts as a washing machine for your clothes at the same time. Don't even need to get naked(snake) or anything. If that technology was around back then why can't we have it today? I could be wrong it it looks like Snake is wearing different armor between those transitions, so people who prefer action shooty games might prefer heavier armor while the stealthier ones take lighter armor, maybe? And of course, it's a Metal Gear game... so being smelly is a thing. Reminds me a bit of Deadly Premonition.
Why is there an anime on the wall. Goddamnit Japan.

While the FOBs look cool, it's good that they're optional. I'll probably save any online play for MGO. It's actually kinda Dark Souls-esque.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2015, 12:13:00 pm »

Obviously the wormhole and perfect invisibility technologies are better used to wage secret war against unknown enemies, Ozy. :P
Black lives matter.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2015, 12:45:08 pm »

It hurts a bit to see research/MB development have those HORRID timers on them, but at least I'll be out on missions 99% of that time, or doing something else.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2015, 01:17:59 pm »

Think of it like researching stuff in any old strategy game, you gotta wait before you get the good stuff.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2015, 01:37:50 pm »

It hurts a bit to see research/MB development have those HORRID timers on them, but at least I'll be out on missions 99% of that time, or doing something else.
Apparently you can start research while out in the field. 
I hope the research times are not measured in days though... has high potential of being where Konami would want to insert mobile gaming's pay-to-not-wait.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2015, 03:01:19 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA HYPE!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2015, 03:36:37 pm »

I could be wrong it it looks like Snake is wearing different armor between those transitions

Weapons can be customised and there are multiple outfits (with effects) for each character, even the horse.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2015, 05:05:47 pm »

That feature was in Peace Walker and MGS3 as well.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2015, 05:56:02 pm »

Thanks, I haven't seen those videos yet. But now... I just realized how badly I want co-op missions, or at least have someone make Hidden & Dangerous 3.
I knew in MGS3 you could change the color of your outfit (not that you wanted to wear anything aside from Tiger Stripe, if I remember right) but I didn't know you could put different kinds of body armor on. Does anyone know if wearing camouflage has an effect in this game? Or is it just for looks? From the description of the tiger stripe it sounds like it does help a bit.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2015, 06:23:49 pm »

Apparently you can start research while out in the field. 
I hope the research times are not measured in days though... has high potential of being where Konami would want to insert mobile gaming's pay-to-not-wait.
Yeah, I know that you can do research and all that on missions, which is why I'm not making a huge deal out of it. I'm just concerned that the timers might reach ridiculous levels because KONAMI.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2015, 06:30:16 pm »

Thanks, I haven't seen those videos yet. But now... I just realized how badly I want co-op missions, or at least have someone make Hidden & Dangerous 3.
I knew in MGS3 you could change the color of your outfit (not that you wanted to wear anything aside from Tiger Stripe, if I remember right) but I didn't know you could put different kinds of body armor on.

Does anyone know if wearing camouflage has an effect in this game? Or is it just for looks? From the description of the tiger stripe it sounds like it does help a bit.
Not in MGS3, but there were uniforms that you could get that had special effects, like Spider camo, which ate your stamina in return for 90% on your camo index. Peace Walker had different uniforms with different levels of armor in exchange for losing speed and/or inventory slots.

The camo index has been removed. Patterns are just for looks now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2015, 06:58:38 pm »

Not in MGS3, but there were uniforms that you could get that had special effects, like Spider camo, which ate your stamina in return for 90% on your camo index.
~70%, 80 when prone and immobile. I know too much about MGS3.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2015, 07:01:34 pm »

Yet another way to complete A Hero's Way, from Gamescom.
Here.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »

I just realized... why can't you just fulton yourself out of the mission area?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2015, 09:04:28 pm »

Probably, in universe, because why would you? It's not comfortable, easy, or logical for Big Boss.
You can, in fact, fulton a container and ride it back to MB, so maybe you can do the same with vehicles, but fultoning yourself is a little silly.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 124