Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130826 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56:25 pm »

To some extent everything is a spoiler, so there will have to be some line made to be able to not cross it. Particularly difficult with this series.

Okay, okay.

Specifically, I would like to request that crud from the 19th update plus be kept in spoiler tags for the next, oh, week and a half.  If that's not doable, I can of course just skip this topic as I read up on the forum--but I figured I'd try to ask, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2011, 10:14:22 pm »

I suspect Raiden's appearance at that point was only added to distract from silly everything else was.  All I can say, whatever amount of money Ocelot paid for those Frogs?  He got ripped off.  Most incompetent elite drones in the history of incompetent elite drones.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:40 pm »

To be fair, they weren't exactly put up against a standard foe. Raiden gets a lot of flack, but he did survive the events of MGS2, so that counts for somthing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:33 pm »

I'd like to make a couple of points.

A) You certainly can survive Ocelot's torture without autofire. I have. On Extreme mode. Go go gadget forearms.
B) My brother believes that there ARE only 2 rations on Extreme in MGS2. At least, he only found two on his Operation: Steal Snake's Dog Tags run.
C) My favorite weapon to kill gators with in MGS3: The Fork. Muahaha.
D) I really need to play MGS4, and all the handhelds.
E) Despite not being a canon sequel, Snake's Revenge is still damn fun, albeit entirely absurd.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2011, 10:37:44 pm »

A) You certainly can survive Ocelot's torture without autofire. I have. On Extreme mode. Go go gadget forearms.
But- But- Tiny Health Meter! Drain! Circle spam! Ocelot! Sorry Boss! Game Over! Anger! Clouds! Stun! Tower! Es tut mir leid! Kuchen bin ein Pilz! Tote! Maramararchio! GRRRRRRRrbleirk /fatalerror
The Fork.
The Fork!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:41:47 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2011, 10:44:47 pm »

But- But- Tiny Health Meter! Drain! Circle spam! Ocelot! Sorry Boss! Game Over! Anger! Clouds! Stun! Tower! Es tut mir leid! Kuchen bin ein Pilz! Tote! Maramararchio! GRRRRRRRrbleirk /fatalerror

I honed my buttonspamming in Super Street Fighter II Turbo/Street Fighter EX+Alpha. It was to the point where my brother and I could input massive amounts of garbage, put the controllers down, and watch the fight. (Mind you, most of the commands would miss, as we play TOTALLY different strategies, but hey, it was interesting.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2011, 10:46:41 pm »

I suspect Raiden's appearance at that point was only added to distract from silly everything else was.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2011, 01:08:12 pm »

Yeah, my theory is that whole scene was purely designed to remind you they're both badasses.

Who knows, maybe it was the nanomagic repairing him?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »

There is a comic strip about that somewhere. *checks the internet*

Spoiler: Found it. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: And while I'm at it. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:37:51 pm by Darvi »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2011, 10:04:15 am »

I hate to say this, but the second ending is kind of ruining MGS4 for me.

It just seems like an enormous asspull, and as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist.

EDIT: NEVER MIND BRB BAWLING FOREVER AUUUUGH
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:26:03 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2011, 10:52:42 am »

MGS: Rising loks like it's gonna be pretty awesome.  That slicing mechanic is nifty as hell.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »

MGS: Rising loks like it's gonna be pretty awesome.  That slicing mechanic is nifty as hell.
Shame it's just about the only thing they showed in the trailer.

I mean, seriously? 'Cut. Cut at will. Cut what you want.' That seems to be the only thing you can do in the game, slice things into tiny pieces.

Anyways, no one has mentioned Metal Gear Acid in this thread yet. It's immensely cool, using a card based system to do stuff. It is canon, but never mentioned in any of the other games (for some reason).
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2011, 11:38:35 pm »

Well, started playing MGS2.  The voice acting for the main characters seems pretty good.  The Russian mook VAs... oh my god, oh my god =/  They are not even remotely acceptable.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:56 pm »

Well, started playing MGS2.  The voice acting for the main characters seems pretty good.  The Russian mook VAs... oh my god, oh my god =/  They are not even remotely acceptable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2011, 01:20:14 am »

I hate to say this, but the second ending is kind of ruining MGS4 for me.

As Chip put it, it's a bad sign when a series feels the need to retcon its ending... in the same game.  And yeah, Big Boss is ever worse about getting his damn death over with than his girlfriend or any of his kids.

I thought you meant MGS3, which is better only because there's only one or two Russian characters who make any attempt to sound Russian (both poorly), and it's not any of the mooks.  But MGS2, yeah, terrible Russian voices.  Terrible voices all around really, David Hayter's the only competent VA in the game, and he's barely existent after the Russians disappear.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 124