Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 118803 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 19 now up.
« Reply #1080 on: July 31, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »

In short: You short wired unlearned sapiens should hang a poser of me decorating my superiority over you, for you are able to trip yourselves on your on hair!
Maybe you should stop Posing and practice English... :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 31, 2011, 11:10:23 pm »

Maybe you should learn to ingest some phosphorus, for that'll be the only way we'll ever notice such a lowlife!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 31, 2011, 11:18:44 pm »

The terrain was actually the factor that denied you massive casualties. These were not large wide hallways, or open areas where they could be used to great effect. It was in part your roll for the location you came in, and in part the layout of the facility. The shielding wasn't even a factor really, thanks to the EMP grenades used by EVIL.

There was a lot going on, feints, counter feints, full out assaults. Just wasn't a grand field where a defensive type weapon could be used to great effect. Now had you manage to push Taricus out, you'd have then redeployed your weapons advantageously and efficiently mulched incomers without shielding, and caused reasonable casualties even if they had shielding. At least..tier 1 shielding.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 31, 2011, 11:19:52 pm »

In short: You short wired unlearned sapiens should hang a poser of me decorating my superiority over you, for you are able to trip yourselves on your on hair!
Maybe you should stop Posing and practice English... :P

I think that hanging a poser is perfectly appropriate, what are you talking about?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 31, 2011, 11:20:06 pm »

But why didn't we push him out???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 31, 2011, 11:22:54 pm »

Personally, I'm wondering when the Spetsnaz strike teams are going to show up to clear you all out.  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 31, 2011, 11:24:53 pm »

His forces rolled well during a crucial stage and decided to fade back and let you two and Happ fight it out (as you were the largest powers, and Hastur's troops are apparently cowards). You guys had to clear each other out and his forces were manuevering to bring enough firepower to bear that they'd hold the fort.
And then your guys booked it cause things got too hot.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 31, 2011, 11:29:25 pm »

Can we take a vote on seeing the Combat Rolls for things like this... The discription is good, but perhaps knowing where things went wrong more so. Like you never let me know how well the Turrets went...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 01, 2011, 12:01:24 am »

Taricus: 56Combat+10Entrench bonus, 22Combat-10Ambush, 89Stealth SRR: 35, Doom forces gain stealth, 67Manuevering, 44Combat+5 Ambush, 78C, Special Result roll 3; Morale Terrible.

Happery: 52Attack, 13Combat-10 Ambush, 53Detection, SRR: 3 Doom forces evade. 42 Combat, 20UD-10Poor Judgement, EVIL Forces retreat.

Nevyn/Kashyyk, 70Approach+10 Ambush, 35Deployment, 62Detection, SRR: 18, Doom Forces evade, 41Combat+8Turrets Deployed, 34UD-10Poor Judgement, SRR: 24 Morale Check 15: Better to pull out, Combined forces retreat.

Hastur:  80Combat+SRR: 5Reckless, 2Combat, SRR: 7, Morale Check: 6, Retreat.

And the UD check there is Unforeseen developments.
Rolls largely over or under opposing rolls give Special Result Rolls, As you can see, SRR's can do things like give your forces a bonus in another round of combat, or cause your forces to break.
Special roll modifiers like Entrenchment and Ambush and Poor Judgement aren't always applicable. Stealth, Manuevering, Combat, those are the ones that are almost always there.
Troops were mostly lost during the Kashyyk/Nevyn entrance during those poor rolls, and when Hastur's rolls were poor/really good.
This wasn't all the rolls but it was the a fair chunk of it, to give you an idea of whats happening behind the scenes. Roll positioning may be a bit unusual but its got a structure in my head. Taricus/Happ engaged, then Kashyyk/Nevyn interfered with the tunneler advance, while Hastur came overland a little behind Happ.
As far as the writeup goes, arranging the battle in my head with the fake orders out front ,and the ones in PM, and so on.. It was a bit of a hassle and I burned out a little.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:04:38 am by Terenos »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 01, 2011, 01:52:49 am »

I honestly thing the writeup of the... skirmish was wonderously made. enough details to get what happened, and yet still create many scenarios that would fit those parameters.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 01, 2011, 06:51:55 am »

Will post my turn later, deciding on a course of action.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 01, 2011, 07:59:26 am »

Lord Thrakor laughs to himself.  News through his usual channels tells him of pitched battles for the Omega Cluster with bloodshed on all sides.  What a joke- these fools are wasting precious time and lives.

Not that I should say anything, but shouldn't I have two less thugs due to the bad roll in the heist?  Also, if I buy resources through cash, can I use them the same turn?  (IE using cash to help finish a building)

And yes, the battle writeup was quite nice.  Good way to read of other's misfortune.  Taricus has it cut out for him if he wants to survive the last week- you guys can knock him out this time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 01, 2011, 02:09:42 pm »

I dont know what you're talking about *innocent whistling*
Man I keep dropping the ball on your turn Toaster. Heh. Whoops.

From the looks of things so far i've been allowing resources purchased to be used for construction of buildings/gear that week, so yeah, its fine.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 02, 2011, 10:52:47 am »

You can't slip one past me.  I almost let that one slide- it would have been eeeeeeeevilllllllll of me.

And how medium is medium?  Are we talking medium Peru or medium France?

Lord Thrakor was at the podium long before any of his followers this week.  There was much to go over, and he wanted to waste no time.

"Greetings, my children!  We have been blessed with a cunning plan from our planning group.  However, we lack a vital component, which our technician will be building this week.  As such, there will be much training and preparation this week."

"Several of you will be training this week to hone your skills.  Others will be seeing what can be done to improve our odds on this coming mission.  The rest of you... will be liberating resources for other coming projects."

"Go in thought, my children.  I wish great blessings on your endeavors.

Orders PMed.  Nothing to see here, move along.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 02, 2011, 11:43:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nothing very exciting this turn...
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89