Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 118858 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 15 now up.
« Reply #900 on: July 01, 2011, 05:21:51 am »

Also, another point in Eyes & Ears for me please.

I bet S.W.O.R.D. is based in the UK too.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 01, 2011, 05:37:06 am »

Ah, ok. Makes sense. Another Researcher point, please.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Lord Silver considers the report as he takes in Dooms Fate... or his lack of information

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:52:00 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 01, 2011, 05:52:08 am »

Got internet, pretty much finished moving, so now I can actually make my turns. Although, I do not have easy access to my computer so if I take to long, just use my prior orders.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put another point into Researcher. What bonus do I get now?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 01, 2011, 08:01:27 am »

Can I try my plotted mission again?  I'll be pissed if it took me that long to get it and I blew the only chance.

Also, what would CoP 4 get me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 01, 2011, 09:55:34 am »

+1 into Eyes and Ears

Everything was going perfectly to plan...

Spoiler: Black Industries (click to show/hide)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 01, 2011, 12:03:04 pm »

OH right, I forgot to update the 2nd post with more details

Eyes and Ears 2 will let you determine what precisely the numbers of minions on tasks are. 3, will give you full knowledge of what people are up to.
Researcher 4 Gives you, personally a +15 bonus, and your accompanying scientists +4.
CoP 4 will give you +2 to your minion cap, and 10% cheaper minions for a grand total of +12 minions, 20% cheaper.

And yes Toaster, that one has no limit of time. Or disappearance due to failure.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 01, 2011, 12:37:35 pm »

What about my Legal Eagles talent...?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:04 pm »

What would man with a plan 3 do?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 01, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »

As you can see in the 2nd post, Man with a plan 3 upgrades your bonus to +8 to plotting rolls, a 4% chance weekly of a free mission, and a +2 to all rolls within the plotted missions.
Legal Eagles 2 becomes : You are moderately difficult for the Forces of Justice to target directly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2011, 01:25:53 pm »

What would man with a plan 3 do?

I don't like the bonus going down to +2, but I say play to your strengths.  I'll take it.

Lord Thrakor stormed to the podium in a rage.  Why?  How?  Why had his minions failed him?

"I am terribly disappointed in you.  Why have you failed me in this, our moment of glory?  A great waste of time and energy is all that we have to show for it.  Even now we can expect increased security- for we must try again.  There is no alternative.  We must succeed!  Do not disappoint me."

Hopefully some of the pictures of the genetic experiments going on in the lab that he had plastered over the meeting room would provide "encouragement" for the minions.  They could always use more test subjects...

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Vague suggestion for more trait points:  It'd be nice for something to give the leader an actual action- something like Researcher, except different actions.  Possible examples:

Frontline Leader:  Leader can take part in plotted missions
Plotter:  Leader can roll for plotted missions (Probably too much overlap with Man with a Plan
Master of Mayhem:  Leader can cause mayhem (Perhaps in unique ways- deliver threats to world leaders via giant video board, etc)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:24:31 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2011, 01:41:33 pm »

Oh, MWaP 4 becomes +12 to plotting rolls, 7% chance/W of a free mission, and a +4 to all rolls in plotted missions.
Furthermore welcome back Comp.

I agree about Plotter, it just feels to me like certain areas should be approachable in a Leader Does X action fashion, and others are more passive. To me the flavor speaks more to MWaP, your minions approach you with ideas, and you cut away the clutter and streamline it, sort of deal. Whereas Researcher feels like its the more hands on thing, as any evil genius dabbling in sciencey things tends to get their hands dirty.

Frontline Leader has some possible directions it could be taken. I'll certainly give that some thought. I may in fact base a future archetype around that sort of idea. (What, you thought those were my only archetypes? Please!)

Master of Mayhem(in that structure) seems to me to be the sort of thing I'd allow at a certain notoriety point, freely. It speaks to me of the kind of figure who simply has the clout/capability to call up the World Leaders in conference, and deliver threats and demands.
I mean certainly the end game would not be complete without the ability to call up the world leaders, say you have a device that does X and you are prepared to use it if they do not surrender control of the world, to you.
However on a smaller scale, Mayhem would be the sort of thing that flavor wise, it would make sense to allow. As its not unheard of for the leaders of evil-type organizations to take an active part in murder, destruction, so forth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2011, 01:57:54 pm »

Mostly, I feel like my leader could be doing something (ala MWaP or Researcher) and it's a resource I have that I'm not using.  I could take Researcher, but that doesn't fit my flavor (of a manipulator.)  I was curious what other options there could be.

Taricus:  Still interested in trading your Laser Rifle plans for $2500?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »

Yep. I'll edit my turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2011, 03:24:58 pm »

Cool.  Mine is edited as well.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »

Legal Eagles 2 becomes : You are moderately difficult for the Forces of Justice to target directly.
And Legal Eagles 3??? Seeing as this is what it will actually become cause I already have Legal Eagle 2...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89