Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 119069 times)

Labrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 4 now up.
« Reply #345 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:10 pm »

Yeah, Todays been a really busy day. Im sure I said at some point that yes, you're all aware of each other, just not the specifics of location and such. Can Nevyn get in touch with Cript to make deals? Sure. Does Nevyn know where Cripts lair is? Not without some planning for it.
The reason contact information exists, is so deals can happen. The reason you dont know where each other are except in vague terms is it prevents people from sniping each other early when defenses aren't in place against this sort of thing (Except of course, the aforementioned anonymity.)
So does that mean that I know where Cript's place is then???
More likely your guys set up a meet at a neutral location, or use a dead-drop.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:25:34 pm by Labrat »
"And the geeks shall inherit the earth"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 17, 2011, 10:27:48 pm »

Or a 'Look to much deeper and I will slit your pretty boy throat and dump you in a hole' drop.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 17, 2011, 10:41:12 pm »

Or, in my case, I use email and I just mail products to whatever address they give me when people want to buy a giant laser or such, which I am still selling if people want them, and its there problem to find a good one for me to send too.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 17, 2011, 11:44:05 pm »

To be fair it is well assumed that everyone uses some elaborate and pretentious system of dead drops and random couriers just to avoid FoJ involvement or interception of transfers...useful, but not a guarantee
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2011, 07:20:27 am »

Okay..From the looks of things I'm missing.. Hastur and Nevyn.
And a confirmation on the deals going through this turn, Cripts trading the tech being trained to Happery for some physics research and the unlock.

Happerry's trading Improved Batteries +$250, For the secrets of Toasters passive +1 all Plotting and Research rolls.
And Ochita's trading his hallucinogenic compound and 10 resources, for same.
Yes? Did I miss any?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2011, 07:46:17 am »

Confirm my two deals.

To be fair it is well assumed that everyone uses some elaborate and pretentious system of dead drops and random couriers just to avoid FoJ involvement or interception of transfers...useful, but not a guarantee

Don't forget the two guys meeting in a park and swapping briefcases.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 18, 2011, 08:03:44 am »

Toaster Can I get in on those Passives???
Hows 250$ Each sound???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 18, 2011, 08:39:36 am »

The previous two deals were $250 plus a tech for the first level tech.  You want to give me $250 each for the first and second level tech.  No.

How about 50 resources for both, or 20 for the just the first?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 18, 2011, 08:48:52 am »

The previous two deals were $250 plus a tech for the first level tech.  You want to give me $250 each for the first and second level tech.  No.

How about 50 resources for both, or 20 for the just the first?
Sure for the Resources then...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 18, 2011, 09:05:20 am »

One or both techs?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 18, 2011, 09:17:36 am »

One or both techs?
Both... 50 for both...
Please note that your Cargoship will be in a Dock of your choosing...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 18, 2011, 09:33:19 am »

Confirmed, then.

Whatever dock has easy access to the mountains, then.  :D

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 18, 2011, 10:07:04 am »

Just a wondering, could something like this work???
Playboy : using his contacts (Legal Eagles), see about making it so that while Notoriety For Employment can rise but not in the sights of the Cops. Ignore if this isn't possible.

Day 4: Afternoon...

"We contacted another fella with some interesting Ideas that could have been use to us. He came across a bit, weird. He was one of those Singular People kinda, things. Y'know. Cults. None the less his men had developed some stuff that could give us the edge, he asked for 50 Resources and I pointed him at Map and said, 'Pick a Coastline, your find it there.', Regardless we seemed to get a lot more work done after this deal...

"We also moved into some more money making schemes while the Training Room was finally being built, simply refitting a few of the old Sleeping Quarters into a larger room for where the boys could learn how to defend themselves. They bought some fancy equipment for it, Punching bags, Practice dummies. The whole shabang. It would be a well worked room when they are done with it..."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 18, 2011, 11:55:18 am »

I edited my turn, cause I forgot I was hiring a thug.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 18, 2011, 12:00:45 pm »

Just a wondering, could something like this work???
Playboy : using his contacts (Legal Eagles), see about making it so that while Notoriety For Employment can rise but not in the sights of the Cops. Ignore if this isn't possible.

no, as tari had mentioned earlier about seperating the FoJ/Recruit area of notoreity: If we are maintaining a Heat rating, you dont see it. And the playboy skill gives a passive bonus to lower the rate/odds FoJ will kick your door down already
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 89