Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 119072 times)

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 4 now up.
« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:44 pm »

How is building a laser or personal shield generator enhancing my base?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2011, 01:18:12 pm »

How is building a laser or personal shield generator enhancing my base?

It enhances it's defences, or simply for aestethic purposes.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 17, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »

Hanperry, nice try but no, that's wrong. Enhance has nothing to do with creation - creation (rarely) will ever take a forced effort or labor requirement. It will usually consist of "Build X of Y" and next week you'll have it.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 17, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »

Hmm..
I am willing to trade my compound and 10 materials for this 'Ritalin'

Assuming you mean 10 resources, agreed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 17, 2011, 02:13:51 pm »

Did you guys ever get the answer for:

If I do trade Happerry for the research. Can I put my boys into looking into even more physics, or would that be wasted time cause what they come up with will be overshadowed by Happerry.

Basically: Does the tech trade come at the start, or the end of the week?

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 17, 2011, 04:53:49 pm »

Yes, and we came to the conclusion that all turn orders are taken as "What are you doing this week?" and as such the results of those orders are not available until the following week.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 17, 2011, 05:58:13 pm »

So is there any USA Based Companies here wanting to going into business with me???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 17, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »

Alright. Going to do my turn now. It might take some time. But, before I do. I just want to say something... That might make me seem like a ass. But oh well, I feel some one needs to say this.

So is there any USA Based Companies here wanting to going into business with me???

Neyvn. You need to stop doing stuff like this. It is not a free form game. There are rules and specific actions you can take. Feel free to role play what ever the hell you want, but when it comes time for the real playing stick to the pre-established rules.

1: Don't send money out with the minions. The are not rules for such a thing that we know of, so that means it will ether do nothing or do something on the fly, both bad.

2: Don't spend minions to contact me. Role play all you like, but do you see 'contact a stereotypical mobster' under minion abilities? If not, don't use them to do so.

3: Don't ask stuff like does anyone want to do business with you, just send your minions out on missions and role play it like they do. Really, if you want to, send your minions on a steal cash mission and say it is a business deal, if it fails say the deal fell though.

Also, as a side note to the GMs, I am a little disappointed with you guys. I know how hard it is to say 'you can not do that' to a player. But you have too. When you have a already strong rules system you need to make sure you snip that bullshit flower in the bud.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 17, 2011, 09:28:00 pm »

The bigger issue is that at current, i'm at work so i'm busy and catch what i can when i can. Terenos is MIA atm so no clue why he isn't posting. When we have time to say no, we will. We're also not going to repeat ourselves 30 times a week either. As i said - some things we're just going to ignore from now on (like regs and thugs being used to build). Others, like him sending money out, are legit concepts that in terms of the FORUM version of the game, we can possibly work in a way to do things. There is a little freeform here, but the hard rules are the simple things. If people have some idea that they think might make sense, do it. If we object, we will (and have).

Tere never objected to the money issue, and ran a modifier with it. Was it cost-effective? Likely not. So if people wanna piss away their resources, they can. We won't stop you from sabotaging yourself, and we won't bail you out when you do.

We're also keeping tabs on those that can't pay attention to the rules we do have set up as well. If you think there's something we can change or do better (as you just have done) go ahead and say something to us. If you wanna PM us fine, post it here, fine. It doesn't matter to us, and we're not going to change our opinion of you because you open your mouth. We've said it before - this is a work in progress system. Try to break it, so we can make it better.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 17, 2011, 09:52:29 pm »

Fankie Fredaroni let his eyes slow roam over his collection of hardened criminals. Each one ready to kill... Or die. For him.

Nikki and Joey had done well. Four new men stood under his gaze. Pauly, ex bodyguard from the big apple, three hundred pounds of muscle ready for a brawl. Romano, a enforcer for a drug ring from Minneapolis, he quit when his kid brother pulled down a OD and died. Although he had a great hatred for the drug pushers, he was quite a valuable asset for the more legitimate criminal ventures. 'Gums' Alfredo, oldest mobster that Fankie knew, no one lived that long in this business without a head full of brains. Although long retired from the more active roles, he had lately taking up setting up a 'supply' shop in Chicago, although he had left that to his son to come down and help Fankie set up this new operation. Quite the honor to have his really. Then there was Tommy, the kid. Gums said  he was his grand nephew straight out of college... although looking at him Fankie though he looked like he should still be in high school. Still, he was a lot of help to Gums, and he bonded well with the boys. They had already taken to calling him Teeth, a joke on Gums name.

With these ten men at his side the world was for the taking.

The ten mobsters were gathered around a table, maps of the town with locations circled were mixed in a abundance of weaponry.

"Alright boys. It is time to shake this town up. We got two big forces against us. The local gangs have not taken kindly to our encroachment, and lately a cop has been ruining around ruining operations from here to south Canada.

So here is the plan boys. Big Michael, I want you to take Mikey and Joey into downtown to Shade's night club. A local gang operates out of there. Shoot up the place and tell them who owns them now wont yeah?

Tony, you take Nikki, Pauly, and Romano down to the docks. Lean on the dock master and see if you can get him to divert some useful shipments down our way.

Gums, I want you to take charge of a little project I have been thinking about, I know you work best without direction, so I will leave it's execution up to you and Tommy.

Everyone got it? Good boys. This is our town, and we wont let anyone tell us otherwise."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:52:39 am by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 17, 2011, 09:56:40 pm »

Yeah, Todays been a really busy day. Im sure I said at some point that yes, you're all aware of each other, just not the specifics of location and such. Can Nevyn get in touch with Cript to make deals? Sure. Does Nevyn know where Cripts lair is? Not without some planning for it.
The reason contact information exists, is so deals can happen. The reason you dont know where each other are except in vague terms is it prevents people from sniping each other early when defenses aren't in place against this sort of thing (Except of course, the aforementioned anonymity.)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 17, 2011, 10:01:06 pm »

((I just hope my rolls gets better, and not worse than what just happened. >_<
Maybe I should reconsider my strategy and plans?))

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 17, 2011, 10:04:22 pm »

((Some people, the dice just hate Ultimuh. It'll all average out, im sure.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 17, 2011, 10:09:18 pm »

((I wonder what I should research to appease the RNG gods?  :P 
Just kidding tough.))

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 17, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »

Yeah, Todays been a really busy day. Im sure I said at some point that yes, you're all aware of each other, just not the specifics of location and such. Can Nevyn get in touch with Cript to make deals? Sure. Does Nevyn know where Cripts lair is? Not without some planning for it.
The reason contact information exists, is so deals can happen. The reason you dont know where each other are except in vague terms is it prevents people from sniping each other early when defenses aren't in place against this sort of thing (Except of course, the aforementioned anonymity.)
So does that mean that I know where Cript's place is then???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89