Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270306 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - World Finals Hotfix - 1.0.0.147
« Reply #10035 on: September 26, 2012, 01:34:45 pm »

Teemo is such a fun bastard to play. And by "fun bastard", I mean "will killsteal your whole team without even trying".

High attack speed + DoT on every shot + Ignite = last hit nirvana

Amazingly, nobody complained in that last match.
Only character I've ever gotten a quadra kill on. :3

Mind you, I build him more AS, so KSing isn't so much an issue as just melting things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: September 26, 2012, 06:32:51 pm »

Patch notes are out.
Kha'Zix mia.
Rengar nerfed hard.
Syndra buffed hard.
Nothing else except Xin bug fixes and client changes.

I love patches like this. Makes my job as the news bearer easier, and it doesn't feel like Riot is trying to force the game to be played "Their way". The fact that they let AP Rengar stay as a thing especially pleases me, because on PBE it was looking like they were killing it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: September 26, 2012, 08:15:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that is all

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: September 27, 2012, 08:05:51 am »

You may now spectate any game being spectated by a player on your friends list
FINALLY!

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: September 27, 2012, 07:52:32 pm »

So Khazix doesnt seem op, or all the one's i've seen have been shit :P

there was one who was decent but he was just ganking our mid lane all game and our mid didn't buy any armour but went glass cannon. It looks like he can do a decent damage and has a nice escape but he doesn't seem too scary.

On another note I'm loving Singed top. I semi-suck at laning with him early depending on enemy champ but I just love champ's with troll ulti's and Singed has troll ulti and troll Q for maximum troll-ness.

I seem to have a thing for tanky AP champs though. I'm also trying a tanky AP Udyr build with a fair amount of success and it's always fun to get a Malady.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10040 on: September 27, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »

Rengar is still totally viable however you feel like playing him.

Obviously Kha'zix has only been out for a day but he seems neither broken nor underpowered.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: September 27, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »

Kha'zix looks pretty rad, I'm thinking about getting back into LoL a bit.
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:43 pm »

NA server seems to have borked up again. Wheee ♫

Anyone know of any decent-ish videos running the new guy?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:48 pm »

Well, due to hee-larious shenanigans I might end up re-buying Rengar, wasting a refund token in the process, because Kha'Zix has really failed to impress me so far.

What saddens me most is Rengar got his quality-of-life changes right after I refunded him on the grounds that everything he did was clunky.

Oh well, I'll be stubborn and play my newly acquired Diana for the time being, hoping Rengar actually goes free again soon.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: September 28, 2012, 07:52:50 pm »

My last match of ranked I played had a Leblanc on the other team, I decided to play Lux, because I figured she's a safe pick with her cc and long range. A couple of my teammates were spamming chat with stuff like "Lux noob countered herself", "GG Lux" etc... All because a site called lolcounter said Leblanc counters Lux. They were telling me I should play Fizz or Mord. I never play either of those champions so I'm sure I would have done rather poorly if I chose one of them. After the game was over I went and looked at another counterpick site, championselect, out of curiosity and Lux was listed as a counterpick to Leblanc which goes to show that the information on those websites are opinion and not necessarily reliable. I'm happy to report I went 5/0/10 in that game. It's always satisfying to prove those players who give up at champ select wrong.

I think it is good to keep counters in mind when choosing your champion, but you will be far better off playing a champion you are skilled with over one that you are not. Often I'll see people pick something because they're told it will counter a specific champion and then lose because they are not practised with their pick. 

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:23 am »

Well apart from obvious counters, like caitlyn vs vayne, counterpicking mostly happens at higher elo, and doesn't really matter that much at lower. In fact if I remember one of the most repeated advice for new-ish players is play the champion you're most comfortable with, unless it's a really stupid pick.

In other news I might actually really end up being the very first retard who refunded a champion and then bought him again, because I just messaged LoL support and it turns out refunds aren't actually refundable as I secretly hoped. Damn you, Rengar!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: September 30, 2012, 10:27:44 am »

Oh that's no fun. I wish I had done some refunds before they came out with the automated system. I blew all mine on the first day!

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: September 30, 2012, 10:56:33 am »

It's even sillier for me because now I get to buy back Rengar and refund Cassiopeia, because she is a ton of fun, but just isn't as good as Diana (which I bought with the Rengar moneys) on Dominion, and I'm back on square one, only minus 2 refunds. Oh well, life is a struggle. Maybe I won't refund Cass, because I'm not sure I'll be getting the next champion and I have 9800 IP now anyways, should be able to save.

Though please take the chance to mock my stupid ass as much as you want :|

edit : Well the good part is Rengar feels a lot more responsive now, if only I could get a pc built sometime after the Crusades and I could play him to his full potential!

The sad part is I keep wishing I was on the enemy team, especially when our Lux starts the game with "I troll !?!?" and follows up with "I die I leave lol". Amazingly she did not, in fact leave, which might have actually contributed to our loss.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:42:58 pm by Graven »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: September 30, 2012, 08:03:01 pm »

Okay so I seriously can't get over how fun Kha'Zix is. Mixing up different evolutions and evolution orders adds an entirely new layer of depth. I love it.

And everything about his aesthetic is just perfect. New animations, effects, and lines whenever he gets a new evolution? Every evolution choice has a real effect, both in gameplay and how he actually looks and acts in-game. Every different aspect of him ties together into a completely superb champion.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: September 30, 2012, 08:40:33 pm »

I honestly don't get his passive. He just has to pop in and out of the bush and then it doesn't matter his next hit will super-slow and do a load of damage.

His W does a fair bit of damage at long range and when evolved not only will it apply his passive it pretty much goes through minion waves unless it's a really thick wave so you can't really hide behind minions.

He seems a bit broken in that he can slow from long range and can close from long range. I understand him fine as a cool champion evolving and he is a great ganker and executer especially with evolved Q, but his W and passive just seem a bit too much for me.

His passive would be better if it had a 5 second timer to use until he has to hide again or something, and his evolved W should either not proc passive or just have bigger explosion radius instead of doing triple damage and going through minions. His W right now isn't really a skillshot especially when evolved.
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1067