Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270830 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9585 on: August 12, 2012, 12:58:14 am »

So breadbocks admonished me about my Poppy build during one of our ARAM games, and i'm no Poppy master but rushing triforce sucks. Really.

Also, if you're US, be sure to catch us by adding me KaelGotRice or joining us in teamspeak. We want more 5v5s of all bay12ers :D

I mostly just join random ARAMS anymore, so I might do this sometime soon.

Edit:  Just played Zilean on an ARAM and ended with most kills on my team.  Got a triple kill at one point.  My global taunt was so strong, I literally had people chase me all the way from one end of the map to the other, completely ignoring the rest of my team :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:11:59 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: August 12, 2012, 03:14:41 pm »

So breadbocks admonished me about my Poppy build during one of our ARAM games, and i'm no Poppy master but rushing triforce sucks. Really.
I've never played her in ARAM personally, but Poppy is one of those champs that's just abysmal in ARAM. Any champ that can't poke or harass without hard engaging like Poppy or Trundle is at a serious disadvantage. What were the teams like?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: August 12, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »

As for darius... he's pretty much a ubercharged Garen with more late game killing power.
Garens damage potential falls off late game while darius keeps on being very good.

Even tryndamere teh noobarian starts pretty weak but spins (literally) out of control if the game wont end in 40 minutes (the time even a barely coompetent trynda can farm up a IE Boots and Ghost sword or PD)
However he IS weak before he gets his core items.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: August 12, 2012, 05:01:23 pm »

So I think this pushing meta thing is creeping slowly in, now I personally haven't seen the videos or anything, but I've found myself (when playing a solo lane) at their inhibitor tower by the twentieth minute a few times now, not sure why but I'm rarely chased or caught, and even if I am, they can't make up the two towers with a champ kill and they can't push the top tower before someone jumps in to defend it.

That said, support top Viktor is funny, you can die all you want if you keep your other dude alive (gangplank in this case, two ganks, I die both times, he gets two kills both times) because you'll still grow in power without much itemizing, and after a while he will go to roam which will leave you with ample farming and pushing opportunities.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: August 12, 2012, 07:13:45 pm »

I've never played her in ARAM personally, but Poppy is one of those champs that's just abysmal in ARAM. Any champ that can't poke or harass without hard engaging like Poppy or Trundle is at a serious disadvantage. What were the teams like?

Poppy is actually really strong in ARAM, in my experience.  Yeah, you have to be really careful early on, but your ult is just godly.  Everybody is so packed together, that you can easily get 3 kills every time you ult.  She also doesn't need to commit when she moves in.  You dash, whack, and run out with your speed boost.  She's naturally tanky enough that unless the enemy team drops a lot of hard cc, she can do that without taking too much damage.  Proving Grounds offers plenty of opportunity to push people into the walls.  It just takes a good eye for opportunity.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: August 12, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »

Poppy DEFINITELY doesn't have the mana pool to EQW often. Starting Sheen or Philo only means you can get 1 or maybe 2 combos off before you have to start taking health packs just for mana.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »

ARAM session going live in 30 mins. We're starting up now.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: August 12, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »

Noticed like a minute too late, heh. Perhaps next time I can go get squished repeatedly!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: August 12, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »

Poppy DEFINITELY doesn't have the mana pool to EQW often. Starting Sheen or Philo only means you can get 1 or maybe 2 combos off before you have to start taking health packs just for mana.

Same with any tanky melee dps.  That character type is forced to start slow on ARAM, but are highly influential later on.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: August 12, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »

Bay12/DFC ARAM went fantastic, thanks to everyone who joined up. After the initial burst of 5v5 invitations (probably enough for two games) I was sorry we couldn't fit everyone in. We'll get you next time!

Afterwards we played DFC team + 1 random game, and darius displayed his ridiculousness. Realmfighter went 26/4 or something.

Fiskav

« Reply #9595 on: August 13, 2012, 02:07:53 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:09:29 am by Fiskav »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: August 13, 2012, 06:51:43 am »

Same with any tanky melee dps.  That character type is forced to start slow on ARAM, but are highly influential later on.
There are some tanky derps that have influence early on. Champs like Wukong who can harass without having to just scamper back normally and hope they don't get esploded.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:02 am »

There are some tanky derps that have influence early on. Champs like Wukong who can harass without having to just scamper back normally and hope they don't get esploded.

Well yeah... but they face the same limitation that you were pointing out before.  You can only spam a full combo so often.  Wukong's isn't as expensive as Poppy's and is a bit safer, but also isn't half as devastating.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: August 13, 2012, 10:37:00 am »

Also if you spam that combo on wukong you're probably going to run out of mana fast.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: August 13, 2012, 10:55:59 am »

Poppy experiences some mana problems early game, which is why in lane she rarely ever uses W/E. However, in late game, she's more or less alright due to items, levels, runes, masteries, and blue buff.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1067