Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272790 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths - 1.0.0.134
« Reply #7500 on: February 17, 2012, 04:36:39 pm »

Alright, I've played WW a few times and I'm not sure if I like or dislike what they've done.

His passive makes him do tons of damage (:P) once he gets rolling in teamfights, but in midgame, it just seems a bit subpar. In level 1 teamfights, he does a surprising amount of damage (especially if you took W first), but he sort of just slows down a lot once characters start getting more health. I've been mostly playing him as non-jungler tanky DPS, so I don't know about Magewick or how fast he jungles.

His survivability really got cut down, though. I'm thoroughly meh about the changes. His laning ability seems pretty bad now, but then again, I'm not a high Elo player.
Also often called Boowells.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bodiSASuSZM&feature=related

Caitlyn ult used to proc on-hit effects, and get blocked by panth shield.

It was totes awesome.

It made frozen mallet nice.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: February 17, 2012, 06:26:41 pm »

His survivability honestly didn't get nerfed at all.

If you've never played Warwick before, his passive lifesteal was actually too much. In the jungle he had way more than he needed to always be at 100%hp. It was highly inefficient. In the lane you don't have the time to slowly use it to heal yourself. If you consider his passive as a %-lifesteal, he traded about 10% lifesteal for approximately 40% more damage. That's a damn good trade, especially considering Warwick has nearly 50% lifesteal to begin with. I'd do that trade any day of the week. Look at Irelia... her %-lifesteal is about 25% and you can never get rid of her. Why would anyone need 50%?! Even 40% is seriously pushing the limit of efficiency. It's like watching someone come into lane with 3 Vamp Scepters...

Other than that they didn't change anything about him. His laning didn't get touched at all (you're not supposed to be autoattacking in the first place). In fact, it's actually better now since he does so much more damage.

Nor would it have changed anything in the mid game since the rest of his skills are the same as always. Again, he would be doing even more damage, killing things ~40% faster. And Warwick is an incredible midgame champion. One of the best.

It's a straight up buff. From every viewpoint, mathematically and practically. It increases his jungle speed by a considerable amount and makes his laning a little bit more decent. You just need to understand him better and not do things like max W first...

Even though they buffed his passive, Warwick's damage doesn't come from autoattacks. It comes from his Q R Q combo.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: February 17, 2012, 06:46:47 pm »

I just can't play this game anymore. The enemy team always seems to be able to capitalize more on everything than mine.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: February 17, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »

Eh, tell me about it. I played some more Dominion games with Yorick and apparently he has a hidden passive - if you lose bot you're singlehandedly to blame for the loss of the game, even though the reason you lost it is that the enemy can afford to keep 2 people bot and still never lose top.

Just take a short (or longer) break to chill out :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: February 17, 2012, 08:47:22 pm »

While we're on the rage side of LoL (when aren't we?)

FUCK TANKY DPS TEAMS UP THEIR ARSE!!!!

Seriously, early game you can manage but after some 20 minutes you just can't possibly have enough burst damage to kill all five of them, and they all do craptons of damage even if they build tanky :<
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: February 17, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »

Playing junglemumu so well that you have the entire enemy team raging at you. In lower ELO, you should definately try him out, he's just so easy to win games with.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: February 18, 2012, 12:36:40 am »

Even though they buffed his passive, Warwick's damage doesn't come from autoattacks. It comes from his Q R Q combo.

I'm not really experienced enough to comment on the rest of your status, so I guess I'll trust your judgment. But I don't feel like Q R Q isn't a particularly powerful combo in comparison with the burst put out by traditional AP carries (even ones that aren't Cassiopeia or Malzahar). Even with the extra 100 damage tacked on by his passive. I'll play him a bit more. Out of most characters in the game, I enjoy Warwick a lot.

EDIT: Alright, I played a bit more with him. He's fun as a jungler, if only for the paranoia you cause when Blood Scent activates. I had a Shyvana just derp around a turret because she was afraid of getting tower dived at 1/4 health. Then she decided to go top and then not watch the minimap when I crossed mid in full view of the minions, blatantly telegraphing my direction towards top. And once he hits 6, he has excellent ganks. I'm still not quite satisfied with his passive, though. It just doesn't seem to make much obvious difference. His clear speed is slightly faster than jungle Twitch's, though. I arrived at jungle Twitch's wraiths about 5 seconds before he did.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:13:30 am by Knirisk »

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: February 18, 2012, 12:42:02 am »

Hey guys.. I've been trying to set up Xsplit Broadcaster for a couple of days now, but I can't seem to get it to work. I can get it to stream at a pretty decent quality but it lags on the viewer side, causing things like audio and video to skip. Do you any of you guys who stream using Xsplit have any suggestions as to what I should be using for the channel settings and what-not based on these specs?

Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1780391375.png
Computer Specs: http://i41.tinypic.com/2hckay9.png

Please and thank you!

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: February 18, 2012, 01:07:35 am »

Your internet is fine, but your processor is a little bit on the slow side. What resolution and frame rate are you streaming at?

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: February 18, 2012, 01:17:59 am »

Your internet is fine, but your processor is a little bit on the slow side. What resolution and frame rate are you streaming at?

Yeah.. I figured that was the problem. I'm just trying to run a stream even if it's only half-way decent. The best quality without a lag or stutter for the audience would be great! I've got the program set at 25 FPS and trying to run at 1280x720, but I've been switching it around a bit.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: February 18, 2012, 01:20:18 am »

I'm not really experienced enough to comment on the rest of your status, so I guess I'll trust your judgment. But I don't feel like Q R Q isn't a particularly powerful combo in comparison with the burst put out by traditional AP carries (even ones that aren't Cassiopeia or Malzahar). Even with the extra 100 damage tacked on by his passive. I'll play him a bit more. Out of most characters in the game, I enjoy Warwick a lot.

EDIT: Alright, I played a bit more with him. He's fun as a jungler, if only for the paranoia you cause when Blood Scent activates. I had a Shyvana just derp around a turret because she was afraid of getting tower dived at 1/4 health. Then she decided to go top and then not watch the minimap when I crossed mid in full view of the minions, blatantly telegraphing my direction towards top. And once he hits 6, he has excellent ganks. I'm still not quite satisfied with his passive, though. It just doesn't seem to make much obvious difference. His clear speed is slightly faster than jungle Twitch's, though. I arrived at jungle Twitch's wraiths about 5 seconds before he did.
That's cause WW isn't a traditional AP carry. xD If an AP carry could get as tanky as WW and still do their kind of damage, they'd call him something stupid like the "Master of Metal".  8)

If you want proof, what you can do is look at your post-game stats and check your damage output type. If autoattacks are a big deal, then a grand majority of the damage will be physical. But for Warwick, it's kinda in the middle and it's not rare for his magic damage to exceed his physical damage. This was back before his autoattacks were physical damage of course. Now you'd probably see it skew even more so in the magic damage section, but the point remains. If Warwick was an autoattack type champion, his physical damage should be waaaay higher.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: February 18, 2012, 01:40:25 am »

That's cause WW isn't a traditional AP carry. xD If an AP carry could get as tanky as WW and still do their kind of damage, they'd call him something stupid like the "Master of Metal".  8)

If you want proof, what you can do is look at your post-game stats and check your damage output type. If autoattacks are a big deal, then a grand majority of the damage will be physical. But for Warwick, it's kinda in the middle and it's not rare for his magic damage to exceed his physical damage. This was back before his autoattacks were physical damage of course. Now you'd probably see it skew even more so in the magic damage section, but the point remains. If Warwick was an autoattack type champion, his physical damage should be waaaay higher.

Actually now that I recall... Yeah, I usually went towards CDRwick. The only problem with CDRwick is his mana usage. What was it... like 110 mana for level 1 Q? Or was it somewhere around 90? His Q eats up gobs of mana and now that I think about it, I actually did rely on his autoattacks a lot more just because of the mana cost of Q.

Looking at my most recent game, I actually did more physical damage than magic damage, despite a Wriggle's and Wit's End. Although, they also surrendered early thanks to an awesome Swain and some most profitable ganks. So maybe it didn't reach the lategame, where 20% of max health becomes heavy damage.

Also, his ultimate does mostly physical damage, with regards to the magic damage from his passive.
Actually, I still do mostly physical damage, even though I tend to rush Wriggle's and Wit's End.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it. I've played bot games where I've built on-hit/spell-vamp with Wit's End/Malady/Gunblade and I still did only 3000 more magic damage than physical.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:45:52 am by Knirisk »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: February 18, 2012, 01:45:50 am »

That is extremely odd. Are you low level or something like that? Not have runes?

His ult does magic damage. It scales off his AD but it's magic damage, just like Katarina. With a Q every 4 seconds you really should be doing way more magic damage (especially with Wriggles + Wits End... BOTH of which do magic damage), so either you've got some really bizarre playstyle or something is off.

Edit: It should look something like this.

About half each, like I said in my original post. And again, it's not rare for his magic damage to exceed his physical damage.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: February 18, 2012, 01:52:46 am »

I have mixed AD/AS reds, armor yellows, and MR/lvl blues. My quints don't affect my damage. I did spec into the physical offense tree, though.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1067