Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272839 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7440 on: February 13, 2012, 11:42:01 pm »

It's not a particularly big deal that. A lot of other mages have that ability too. LeBonk for instance, excels at obliterating you at level 6. So does Malz and Brand and Annie and Xerath and Cass and Kass, etc. etc.

There are criteria to avoid getting killed by any of these guys. How you avoid them is really up to your own creativity. I'll illustrate. To do their instakill at 6, these guys must:
- Be equal or superiorly farmed to you
- Have you at under 3/4th health
- Tag you with a certain skill
- Be able to execute the full combo
- Survive the encounter

If you stop any one of these, they can't do the instagib. If they're smart. If they're dumb and you stop one of these and they still go for it, they'll die and you can trololol all the way to the bank.

My personal ones to watch out for are the "tag you with a certain skill" and "have you at under 3/4th health". I usually care most about these. So against Brand I just focus heavily on dodging his ground fire thing. Against Morg, it's dodge the dark binding. Ahri it's dodge the charm (not particularly easy this one, I found... since it moves so fast. So you gotta hide behind the creep wave.) Can't really dodge the LeBonk one, which makes her an extreme pain which I'm sure everyone knows.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: February 14, 2012, 04:46:42 am »

Had the most horrendous Dominion game ever... I was Kass, went afk at start to go to the bathroom, missed the first fight at windmill thus losing it for my team, finally came back, carried the team for a while getting 22/5 K/D yet somehow we were outnumbered at every single point where I wasn't, then at the end I disconnected, or the game crashed, or whatever. I guess I should consider myself lucky my laptop didn't catch fire or something.

Man, I miss lower Elo, people actually knew what they were supposed to do, even if they weren't the best at actually doing it. I'm contemplating saving up for Yorick and going bot a while, since I can't think of any other champion as OP as him. I just want my wins :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:31 am »

>afk
>blames teammates

You're a devil of elo and casual hell

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: February 14, 2012, 07:09:04 am »

how do shens changes look for you?, im not good with that but looking at the ap nerfs im pondering if they are true buffs to him.
seems like they nerfed his abilities as they buffed him
, funny.  ;D
im not even sure what to think anymore.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:14:21 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: February 14, 2012, 07:17:45 am »

It's extreme buffs. I expect OP and subsequent nerfs.

Warwick also crazy strong now. Very, very tiny lifesteal nerf for a massive leap in power. He basically gets a free Wits End now... and then some. No laughing matter considering how much his power jumps when he gets a Wits End in the first place. Combine it with my favorite full AS runes and well, you get the idea. His ult is the same. The nerfed some AD damage, but it's replaced by the autoattack passive, makes it equal. Mostly just his autoattacks will really, really hurt now.

To give a comparison. That new passive is the same damage as MF's W... He gets it for free.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7445 on: February 14, 2012, 08:58:44 am »

It's extreme buffs. I expect OP and subsequent nerfs.

Warwick also crazy strong now. Very, very tiny lifesteal nerf for a massive leap in power. He basically gets a free Wits End now... and then some. No laughing matter considering how much his power jumps when he gets a Wits End in the first place. Combine it with my favorite full AS runes and well, you get the idea. His ult is the same. The nerfed some AD damage, but it's replaced by the autoattack passive, makes it equal. Mostly just his autoattacks will really, really hurt now.

To give a comparison. That new passive is the same damage as MF's W... He gets it for free.
And since I like to play Magewick, I just got a great buff. More flat damage for his ult and the damage from his passive... Is cool.

For Shen, he is going to be OP. I just know it. His damage in a lane was already quite high, now after those buffs I'm expecting to see even more semitank Shens who carry their teams.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: February 14, 2012, 09:26:55 am »

>afk
>blames teammates

You're a devil of elo and casual hell

Have you played with me? Because I didn't mean to say the game was horrible only because of my teammates, even though I had more kills and captured points than the rest of my team. Also I am not in Elo hell, since I'm 1750+ Dominion Elo which is not that low :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:49 am »

Had a match last night where I decided not to do MF since we already had two ranged carries and one of them loudly and prominently calling mid lane. So I figure, "Okay, I'll hang back and play support this match." I break out Kayle and wind up paired with Teemo, bot lane.

Teemo proceeds to do NOTHING. As in, he stealths and just fucking sits there in the middle of the lane, only moving when an AoE damages him and removes his stealth (so he actually *was* there, not afk).

When I publicly call him out on this, his response is "sorry haven't really been playing".  ::)
No shit, Sherlock. Why'd you queue if you're gonna go fap, or eat a sandwich or whatever the hell you're doing??

I ended up not reporting him simply because I couldn't figure out what category to place it in. I'm not sure if it was griefing or just garden-variety stupid. And he wasn't a leaver or afk, he just wasn't playing.

I raged so bad that it clouded my judgement and I bought Malphite, who I took for a spin afterwards. To quote Groundskeeper Willie, "Och, I'm bad at this!"  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: February 14, 2012, 10:00:15 am »

Well technically... I dunno, that does sound like a bad case. I guess you could report him for being afk with the explanation of him moving to avoid being technically afk? I'm not good at reporting anything besides afkers and racism, sorry :(

In other news I just had an AP pantheon on the team, who did surprisingly well considering none of his offensive abilities scale with AP. We did have a 1/12 Nautilus, though, so that might have clouded my judgment.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:23 am »

Well technically... I dunno, that does sound like a bad case. I guess you could report him for being afk with the explanation of him moving to avoid being technically afk? I'm not good at reporting anything besides afkers and racism, sorry :(

In other news I just had an AP pantheon on the team, who did surprisingly well considering none of his offensive abilities scale with AP. We did have a 1/12 Nautilus, though, so that might have clouded my judgment.
And then to complicate things, he actually did start playing about 10-15 minutes in. And wasn't horribly underleveled because he'd been sitting in lane soaking up xp from minion kills. But it still meant that bot lane got pushed hard because Kayle can't 1v2 early, especially against Talon/Ashe.

Thing is, we still shoulda won that match. We had double the kills at the end, 42-28 but we had NO coordination and the other team was working well together. GRABGLRAEG just thinking about it.

Any tips on building Malphite? At first, I was like "I'll just stack armor and health and make him a walking brick." but then I noticed his abilities scale mostly with AP, but then his W is dependent on AD. It's like he's such a jack-of-all-trades in the stat department that you have to round out your build and can't go "400+ AP lol gg" like you can on Veigar. Or focus on one or two abilities and just hammer those stats.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: February 14, 2012, 10:56:52 am »

As far as the "stacking health" department goes, grabbing a Rylai's helps. Otherwise, focusing more on one or the other is preferable to going hybrid... if they've got a bunch of people with low armor, stack health and grab an Atma's, otherwise the AP/Rylai's build is nice, tanky and lots of slows included.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7451 on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:42 am »

Did Amumu's despair ever heal Amumu, or just dealt damage?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: February 14, 2012, 11:22:59 am »

If it healed Amumu it would be ridiculous.

Then again, some of those buffs this patch are ridiculous.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7453 on: February 14, 2012, 11:25:27 am »

If it healed Amumu it would be ridiculous.

Then again, some of those buffs this patch are ridiculous.
I have a feeling it healed him a very long time ago. Not 100% of the damage dealt though.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: February 14, 2012, 11:56:15 am »

I have no idea. Then again, back in the days of yore, some skills were downright ridiculous...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 1067