Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273098 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7275 on: February 04, 2012, 07:22:19 am »

Interestingly enough, during the week Sivir was remade, Chaox kept repeating that she's wasn't that good. That she was only good early game and falls off really hard in the late game.

Goes to show that being pro doesn't necessarily follow good judgement. Which is more true than we might think, considering the type of judgement used to justify dropping out of school to play videogames for a living.

Edit: Here's something I don't understand. Maybe someone here smarter than me can explain it.

The patch changed Ashe's per level mana by 8. As in, she gets an additional 8 mana per level for a total of 144. This 144 extra mana has made it so that Ashe right now basically has unlimited mana. This is a gigantic change compared to her previously, where if you used her ult she was basically OOM until you bluepilled. So, basically the sweet spot for Ashe to have "unlimited mana" for all intents and purposes was an extra 144 mana.

How do you determine this? What is the optimal amount of mana for a champion? It's actually pretty freaking easy to overkill on mana since all the extra mana is essentially wasted gold. In the interest of efficiency, we need to determine the optimal amount needed. For example... does Morgana REALLY need a RoA's worth of mana? Does Cass? How much do they need before it goes to waste? Maybe all these champions also only need an extra 144 mana... in which case you could just get them with runes and never have to buy a single mana item.

Anyone have any ideas how to figure it out?

The Riot way, playtest until you get sick of playtesting or find out that it works :D

Also new Yi skin is too awesome for my puny eyes :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7276 on: February 04, 2012, 10:10:56 am »

Champion has enough mana when you can play it the way you want without going OOM. Any more than this basically means you have too much mana, unless you stack archangel staves.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: February 04, 2012, 10:32:07 am »

League of Legends has too many kids on it. Period.

I'm not saying kids shouldn't play multiplayer games, i'm saying if they do they have the obligation to at least act like adults real people and use their brain.
To be fair, F2P games like this are propped up by adults(above the age of 16) with an income buying skins or whatever. The kids are only really there to troll about and misuse basic english when its their first language.
*and use up Riots serverspace

Random note, i've seen alot of good sivir players lately.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:43:08 am by Deadmeat1471 »

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: February 04, 2012, 02:03:42 pm »

I'm gonna be streaming for a few hours today, showcasing solo top gameplay, mostly with bruisers/tanky DPS.

Link's in my sig.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: February 04, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »

I just grinded out 6300 IP and am wondering whether to get Fizz, Ziggs or Blitzcrank+Kassadin for Dominion purposes. I know I post this pretty much every time I intend to buy a new champion, but honestly your opinions help me a lot :)

Edit : Wah wah wah videogame wangst.

edit : Dominion ratings : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1733398
Apparently I'm almost in the top 5% Dominion players!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:17:19 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: February 04, 2012, 05:34:44 pm »

What would happen if you rocked a full mana + mana regen runepage, went 9 0 21 and went mid with someone like Karthus or Cass?

Could you go full crazy, keyboard smashing facerolling endless spamming supermode?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: February 04, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »

I bet you could.

Back when I first started playing Malzahar I always rushed Archangel's Staff because I was stupid.  One good thing that did come of it though was that I was all but resourceless.  I could spam my abilities with reckless abandon and always had more mana.

In fact...  Now that I think of it...  My tear-rushing days were also the days I won 9/10 games with Malzahar and never ever ever lost my lane.

Hmm...  Maybe I should try Tear Malz again...  Not Archangel's malz of course, that's stupid, but Tear Malz...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:49:50 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: February 04, 2012, 05:56:04 pm »

I just grinded out 6300 IP and am wondering whether to get Fizz, Ziggs or Blitzcrank+Kassadin for Dominion purposes. I know I post this pretty much every time I intend to buy a new champion, but honestly your opinions help me a lot :)

Edit : Wah wah wah videogame wangst.

edit : Dominion ratings : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1733398
Apparently I'm almost in the top 5% Dominion players!
6300 is a lot. Takes like a month of playing to get.

Make sure you don't buy someone you only play once or twice instead of more runes. :P

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:55 pm »

Ye that post was too whiny and retarded even for me, can you please edit it out of your quote? I'd rather the only thing it contains be the question about champions and buying :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: February 04, 2012, 07:50:43 pm »

Edit: Here's something I don't understand. Maybe someone here smarter than me can explain it.

The patch changed Ashe's per level mana by 8. As in, she gets an additional 8 mana per level for a total of 144. This 144 extra mana has made it so that Ashe right now basically has unlimited mana. This is a gigantic change compared to her previously, where if you used her ult she was basically OOM until you bluepilled. So, basically the sweet spot for Ashe to have "unlimited mana" for all intents and purposes was an extra 144 mana.

How do you determine this? What is the optimal amount of mana for a champion? It's actually pretty freaking easy to overkill on mana since all the extra mana is essentially wasted gold. In the interest of efficiency, we need to determine the optimal amount needed. For example... does Morgana REALLY need a RoA's worth of mana? Does Cass? How much do they need before it goes to waste? Maybe all these champions also only need an extra 144 mana... in which case you could just get them with runes and never have to buy a single mana item.

Anyone have any ideas how to figure it out?

I haven't played Ashe at all, but I can add that the mana buff on Jarvan two patches ago was really noticeable as well. It really is surprising how much little mana buffs can change.

I think determining the mana necessary for someone just takes practice with them. For instance, I used to think you really needed blue on Rammus and Amumu. But recently (possibly copying off Dan Dinh) I've started just getting a Philosopher's Stone on them and handing the blue off to my AP mid. Yeah, being able to have blue buff is pretty awesome, but I've found that it's also more mana than you actually need on those two.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: February 04, 2012, 08:51:30 pm »

Champion has enough mana when you can play it the way you want without going OOM. Any more than this basically means you have too much mana, unless you stack archangel staves.

You can never have too much mana on karthus.

Never.

Arcangel staves are only good on characters who can spend large amounts of mana.

Guys like karth, kassadin, anivia, heimer, lux, ryze, swain, and zilean.

They can all spend mana really fast.

It's also hilarious on blitzcrank.

To be good on other champions, they really need to have little risk, and a sure chance of staying in the fight.

There are a number of meelees that can use manamune, it's just other builds are usually more reliable.
GP, yi, sion,skarner,

If it can keep you in the battle longer as these characters, I think it's usually worth it.
but meelees need armour, mr, damage and health.

Ezreal and corki and kog and yorick use manamune because they can afford to be squishy for better spam. for guys who aren't kog, the mana can often save their life too.

Blitzcrank practically needs a charged manamune vs some teams, if you want to stay in the fight long enough to force a kill.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: February 04, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »

I haven't played Ashe at all, but I can add that the mana buff on Jarvan two patches ago was really noticeable as well. It really is surprising how much little mana buffs can change.

I think determining the mana necessary for someone just takes practice with them. For instance, I used to think you really needed blue on Rammus and Amumu. But recently (possibly copying off Dan Dinh) I've started just getting a Philosopher's Stone on them and handing the blue off to my AP mid. Yeah, being able to have blue buff is pretty awesome, but I've found that it's also more mana than you actually need on those two.
Oh yeah. I agree. That Jarvan mana change too was incredible. He also never runs out of mana now even though he used to OOM all the time.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: February 04, 2012, 10:16:04 pm »

So, where is some good ligature I can read if I want to get better at this,
What is the Liquidpedia of LoL?
Thank you based dwarf.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »

For fuck's sake.  It's still in full swing.  I've won one game since I came back.

I can solo queue and deal with brbrbr or I can multiqueue and deal with other 5queues that always outcomp us
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:23:21 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: February 04, 2012, 11:24:38 pm »

For fuck's sake.  It's still in full swing.  I've won one game since I came back.

I can solo queue and deal with brbrbr or I can multiqueue and deal with other 5queues that always outcomp us

Play Co-op vs. AI and screw around. The bots can actually hold their own against AP Shaco. It was funny for a time, though.
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 1067