Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269195 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Iorek Byrnison, the Armored Bear - 1.0.0.130
« Reply #6285 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:23 pm »

Ooooh shiiiit.... Just when I was wondering whether to buy Wukong or not...

Wukong free week.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: December 12, 2011, 10:13:58 pm »

Wukong free week.

I actually discovered that I enjoy Wukong muchly. He is an enjoyable tanky deeps.
Also often called Boowells.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: December 12, 2011, 11:03:29 pm »

Jesus christ. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it absolutely impossible to jungle? I mean, I don't have any runes, but at level 20 you'd figure I'd be at least able to do it with Volibear, cloth+pots, and full defensive masteries? No. It's either I stumble out of the jungle with like 10 health left, or I have to abandon mid-route and go back to base, which ends up taking much more time than simply laning. Is there some sort of secret trick I don't know about? I mean, even on videos which claim to have no runes active, they still do miles better than me, although I'm playing pretty much identical to the way they are. Regardless, they always seem to have more health than I do and end up killing the mobs faster. I've looked at in-depth walkthroughs, taken up tons of hints and tips, even tried to maximize my efficiency by timing my attacks and my activation of spells PERFECTLY, but I just can't do it.

EDIT: It's really sad, especially now with the revamped jungle which is apparently a million times easier to do.
EDITEDIT: The only champion I seem to be consistently good with, regardless of the team composition, is Nasus. Otherwise I get even kills/deaths no matter what I play or how I play. I'm willing to resort to voodoo magic to fix this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:05:43 pm by woose1 »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: December 12, 2011, 11:38:34 pm »

Patch notes out here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/ahri-patch-notes

1. Fizz nerfs. Seems pretty major...
2. Kassadin nerf. Pretty big actually. That extra second on voidwalk is actually really big for Kassadin.
3. Lol... is that supposed to be a Lux buff?
4. Morde... inconsequential buff. Completely doesn't change the fact that he uses more health to create shield than actual shield created.
5. Sivir... uhh... I dunno. Nerf? Buff? Why did they give her an AP ratio again? Me confused.
6. Tryndamere minor nerfs... I still think he's overpowered in lane.
7. Lol... are these supposed to be buffs? Poor TF.
8. HUGE Veigar buffs. Really massive buffs!
9. Volibear nerf to frenzy.
10. Hrm... interesting Warmogs nerf. Not a particularly huge nerf to actual stats, but the rate of generation has been hit quite hard.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: December 12, 2011, 11:58:49 pm »

Oh man. Played another game, did really really well with Volibear in lane, going 7/1/3, but our team's K/D was like 12/14 or something like that. And, at least two people on our team kept calling me an 'idiot', 'failure', etc. etc., which got pretty distracting after a while. The other team recovered from my initial strong early game by completely crushing our towers, since my team would run out into the bush and immediately get jumped by 3-4 guys. Fed them like crazy, and I wasn't able to act as a proper tank, since I couldn't get them to get into a proper teamfight once.

As far as I can equate the experience of playing LoL: It is a box, with a button, that when pressed sucks away 45 minutes of your life and then either dispenses a piece of sweet candy or swiftly kicks you in the groin. And sometimes both at the same time.

I definitely agree with Volibear's nerf, but I would only change the HP scaling, not the base stats. Say like, 15%. That way he'd still remain fairly strong but wouldn't turn into the ridiculous W-instakill champ late-game. (I have no idea how to balance champions.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: December 13, 2011, 12:00:54 am »

Holy shit, Veigar can actually cast spells in lane now.
Shoes...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: December 13, 2011, 12:44:10 am »

I'm excited to try out Veigar's changes... it's been a long time since I've played him. Is Sivir's AP ratio instead of an AD ratio I wonder? It doesn't specifically say that it's AP instead of AD. And the Warmog's nerfs drop the max health and regen and then drop the per-kill rates to match the totals (350 max health, 35 per kill instead of 450 max, 45 per kill) so it'll still charge to full in the same number of kills, it just doesn't have as big of an impact as quickly I guess. It'll be interesting to see how much this impacts Atmogs.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: December 13, 2011, 12:47:46 am »

I'm excited to try out Veigar's changes... it's been a long time since I've played him. Is Sivir's AP ratio instead of an AD ratio I wonder? It doesn't specifically say that it's AP instead of AD. And the Warmog's nerfs drop the max health and regen and then drop the per-kill rates to match the totals (350 max health, 35 per kill instead of 450 max, 45 per kill) so it'll still charge to full in the same number of kills, it just doesn't have as big of an impact as quickly I guess. It'll be interesting to see how much this impacts Atmogs.

I would assume that if they didn't specify AD Ratio's being removed they would remain in, at the same numbers for the same reason.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: December 13, 2011, 04:48:14 am »

I like most of the changes in the patch, especially to Warmog, Volibear, and Fizz, but I really don't like how they just ninja-ed in a few buffs and nerfs. Fizz's nerf hit him pretty hard, they should have mentioned it, just my two cents. Additionally, I already have a hard time beating MF BOT (Lol...Some troll games here and there). MF seriously didn't need another buff. I feel that she already hits incredibly hard and a well placed ultimate can take out entire TEAMS down from full health. Many ultimates aren't capable of doing that type of damage....Nonetheless AOE.  Doing Baron? NO PROBLEM! "HI-YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!" - "PENTAKILL!" In any case... I appreciate the small buffs to Morde, Veigar.

Oh and FUCK YES to old Winter map and the nerf on Tryndamere's heal. That guy not only doesn't use mana, but christ, has near infinite sustain in lane. You can't beat him in the laning phase if he grabs any lifesteal items thereafter. I get he's suppose to be this powerful warrior who's balls out, but near god, I hate having to solo top against Tryndamere as... well... anyone but maybe a ranged champion. But that STILL either leaves you open for ganks, or struggling to farm at your turret.

Anyone else sense a glimmer of OP-ness with this new "Charm" ability? It's essentially FEAR (Oh how ghastly annoying it is), but instead of random directions, you move toward her. Oh... and let's not forget that her damage output can increase dramatically the closer she is to you. There's also that true damage thing ._. ... I wonder how this is going to play out though... She seems really squishy, but gets incentivized for getting close and BURSTING YOUR PANTS OFF! This should be an interesting week....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:00:07 am by xDarkz »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: December 13, 2011, 05:59:43 am »

I really, really don't think this Tryndamere nerf is big enough to stop his absolute lane roflstomping. It's like 30hp less heal at max level... =|

I think they really need to increase the cooldown on his ult. As it is right now you can't counterplay him like say, Fiddlesticks, where if he uses his ult you have a large grace period for doing shit to Fiddlesticks. Here, if Tryndamere uses his ult... it generally means:
1. You already wasted all your shit trying to kill him in the first place.
2. You have barely any time to capitalize on it.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: December 13, 2011, 06:23:26 am »

I'unno, but Ahri's kit seems like absolute bullshit to me. I mean, let's consider some of the burstiest, fragilest champions out there. LeBlanc has a back-and-forth blink, a skillshot conditional stun, a conditional silence and mimic. Vayne has tumble, a conditional stun (condemn) and 1.5 secs of stealth upon ulting. Kassadin has a very nice kit, but he got nerfed (and just as I was about to buy him, muhfugga). And...

Ahri has spellvamp, AoE true damage, autolock on multi-target dmg, a skillshot fear AND three autolock-on Ezreal blinks. In one kit. I dunno about the ratios and stuff, but I don't really see how fragile she needs to be to make this kit fair. Maybe I'm just being stupid and whining like a little bitch /shrug.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: December 13, 2011, 06:46:48 am »

This free week pisses me off. Of these champs, the only I don't have is Volibear. Sigh....
Wukong is fun ppl, you should def. try him.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: December 13, 2011, 08:23:38 am »

It seems to me from anecdotal evidence that the most interesting champions never get a free week - prime example is Swain who before his recent free week had went something like 26 weeks unfree.

edit : Also champions like Gragas (he was free the first week I ever played LoL so when I tried him I was a gibbering retard queuing with a lvl 30 friend and thus fed like ass), LeBlank, Trundle, Twitch, Cass and others.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:26:10 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6298 on: December 13, 2011, 08:25:13 am »

Someone leaked the newest champion info (not the fox)

Spoiler:  Skills (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:26:45 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:27 am »

Played a fairly epic 3v3 last night. Akali, Shen and me. Was gonna play Garen but didn't want to leave us without a ranged. Only two ranged champs I have are Tristana and Sokara, so...Soraka it was. Enemy team was Vladimir, Vayne, and Heimerdinger.

Early game, a lot of teamfights bottom but very few deaths because between me and Shen, we kept everybody alive, but we couldn't dish out damage. The other team could damage but lacked support and had to retreat often when smacked around.

The whole game was pretty much teamfights. If one person tried to detach to go top, the other two would get steamrolled by the opposing 3-man team. Mid-late game, Akali was dominant and started racking up kills like a mofo, with Shen and me keeping her buffed and healthy. We had both enemy inhibitors down, but couldn't quite get the push we needed to drop the nexus, because they'd always show up in a pack and we just coudn't plow through them fast enough. Then the momentum shifted as Vayne finally hit her stride and began multi-killing our whole damn team.

50+ minutes later, it was finally over and the other team pulled out a good win. I finished with something like 2/8/14, and what does Akali say post-game?

"sorry guys my team sucked"

:o  ???  >:(

Seriously? Go heal yourself next time, bitch. In case you hadn't noticed, you were playing with two SUPPORT characters. We're not supposed to have high kill ratios.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1067