Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273883 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3675 on: September 03, 2011, 01:30:33 am »

So, I recently found Ryze to my liking. I typically enjoy a lot of activity and skill spamming, hence my preference towards champions like Brand, Lee Sin, and Ezreal, but hopy shit, Ryze is a goddamn machine-gun spellcaster. I could honestly imagine if someone just smartcasted all his spells because you cast them so damn fast anyway. The only problem is his ult. It's terrible. It's not a "Desperate Power" at all. It's just something you chain together combos with. It would honestly be that much more of a Desperate Power if its cooldown was slightly increased and it gave something like 50% spell vamp or 500 mana upon activation. With near max cooldowns, though, it just turns into a 36 second ultimate that's pretty useless.

Desperate Power? More like, desperately needing a rework. :P
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: September 03, 2011, 02:20:28 am »

I love Xypherous.

Apparently Riven isn't incredibly revolutionary, but one of her abilities is completely new and, if received well, could be an ability template that gets used a lot. I'm not sure what that could be, but it sounds promising.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: September 03, 2011, 02:48:41 am »

I'm pretty sure Riven is a guy.

Also lots of hate their way, i was expecting another monster champion after Talon, then after that two yordle tanky deeps X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: September 03, 2011, 02:58:27 am »

Well, Riven's figure in the comic looks pretty riot-feminine. Over-exaggerated hourglass figure and all that.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: September 03, 2011, 04:07:55 am »

Well, Riven's figure in the comic looks pretty riot-feminine. Over-exaggerated hourglass figure and all that.
Sadly, Ezreal's figure lacks the hourglass. :(

Also, add Ryze against Kassadin to the list of favorable matchups. At level 1, Overload hurts more than Kassadin's ranged silence (If you took the mana crystal, like you should've). At level 2, Ryze gets Rune Prison. Kassadin's silence does not last long enough and has too long a cooldown for this to be a favorable matchup for Kassadin. Enemy Kassadin even took boots + 3 pots and I still got him with the Overload. Occasionally, he would jump in and try to burst me, but his cooldowns were too large and I would just burst him back and force him back to his tower.

You just gotta not be afraid and you just gotta believe in yourself. You can freely trade blows with Overload and take a hit by the silence, but you have to come right back around from Overload's low cooldown and go on the offensive against Kassadin. By the time the silence ends, Overload should be back up, if you took the cooldown masteries and leveled up Overload twice. Don't even let him get his mana back.
Also often called Boowells.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: September 03, 2011, 07:42:40 am »

he is pretty lackluster.

Yup. He used to be even worse. It's not even that he's bad, it's that you get options like Ashe or Vayne or Corki who are just too good to even compare.

Designed by Xypherous.

AKA this is Renekton and Orianna quality content and originality.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: September 03, 2011, 07:47:32 am »

Come on guys, seriously?  It says right in the blurb above the sneakpeak that it's a "she"

Anyway, looks like another tanky deeps.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: September 03, 2011, 08:10:34 am »

Well, she looks skinnier than Irelia and Leona, so she might just be squishy melee deeps. :y

But bleh, looks like another new champ I want nothing to do with. RIOTS, GIZ MORE AP CASTERS.

I think the last of those was Brand. that was a long time ago.

EDIT: Garen with 100 AD at level 1 is a hilarious, hilarious thing. Nearly 600 damage from a single spin, so basically a Garenteed face-check kill against a squishy if you have Exhaust. Hell, maybe a double kill if they're right next to each other and you have an ally there with you.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:34:34 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: September 03, 2011, 08:44:06 am »

EDIT: Garen with 100 AD at level 1 is a hilarious, hilarious thing. Nearly 600 damage from a single spin, so basically a Garenteed face-check kill against a squishy if you have Exhaust. Hell, maybe a double kill if they're right next to each other and you have an ally there with you.
That has got to be THE scariest thing I have ever heard of.

Put that together with a stun or something. Or hell, Ali. Go 2v5 at level 1 if people are bunched up.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: September 03, 2011, 09:38:37 am »

That has got to be THE scariest thing I have ever heard of.

Put that together with a stun or something. Or hell, Ali. Go 2v5 at level 1 if people are bunched up.

Yeah, Alistar + 100ADGaren = Level 1 instant double kill if they're bunched, unless they have flash and quick reflexes.
It's 591 spin damage before Armour, plus 60 (pre-MR) from Alistar's knockup.

For the record, Ashe's base lv1 hp is 490 against physical.

EDIT: Wow, Leaguecraft is bullshit. It gives the base damage of the spin + the base damage+extra from stats. Ignore this. It does his Q correctly, with which you can get a 300-ish damage burst at level 1, but damn this site.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:41:36 am by Akigagak »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: September 03, 2011, 10:25:53 am »

Just try again, it'll eventualy work.

>MFW free week lee sin player on team, fails jungle twice, refuses to gank after.
Ah keep trying and nothing. I have a feeling I might beable to get on later tonight when all the eastern players get off.

I have no experience with the European servers, but it should put you into a queue. I'm assuming it's not a problem on your end, so you should be able to get in later today or tomorrow. Maybe the servers are down today or something, they do that a lot.

And welcome to the thread 8)

Well apparently all I had to do was restart the computer to get the game working properly. My guess is there was a chunk of something that was being retained in memory preventing all computer resources from going to connecting properly.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: September 03, 2011, 11:34:42 am »

Never take Garen's spin at level 1.

His Q does more damage, silences, and speeds you up.

Q first, then max spin.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: September 03, 2011, 11:56:25 am »

Never take Garen's spin at level 1.

His Q does more damage, silences, and speeds you up.

Q first, then max spin.

Math break.

Assuming 100 AD, Q hits for a 100-AD autoattack then 180-AD Q for 280 total.
E hits for 60+51=111 per tick, for 333 total.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:58:37 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:21 am »

It's impossible for Garen to start with 100 AD in the first place. (Only old Kayle could do this and that involved getting Rally)

The max amount of AD you can possibly begin with is an extra 25 from runes and masteries. This means that if you take a Doran's Blade at level 1, the most you can start with is 85 AD at level 1. The bonus damage being 35, thus resulting in 306 AD max damage you can do at level 1 not counting armour.

This is in comparison with his Q, which, using your format, will do 297.5 damage.

However, there are two things you are not considering.
1. Decisive Strike is vital to Judgement actually doing anything. Without a silence and a speedup (especially considering this build has no boots), you will practically NEVER proc all 3 hits off judgement. Literally never. Not even if Alistar knocks someone up and you were spinning the whole time will you get all three off. There's so many reasons for this. The enemy is not silenced and can flash / ghost / blink away. Without the speed boost, everyone can outrun the spin by the third proc. Because the enemy is not CC'ed himself, he will just CC you instead. If the enemy is Xin Zhao, you'll just die. Etc. Etc.

Thus, practically speaking, Judgement will only ever do at most 2 procs at level 1.

This means that at most, Judgement will only ever do 204 damage at level 1. The exceptions being if you have chain CC or a level 1 teamfight. This is the important bit.

2. Getting hit by a nuke that removes half your health at level 1 in an instant has a faaaaaaaaaaaaaar bigger psychological effect than gradual damage over time.

Tl;dr: You will never proc judgement 3 times without silence + speedup. Thus Q will always do more damage.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: September 03, 2011, 12:03:43 pm »

Er... his Q scales of 1.5 of total, his E scales off 1.2 of bonus. I don't know how that person got 100 AD since that's about 43 bonus AD, but at that point his E is hitting harder.

Time for MATH BREAK WHILE I'M TIRED AND DIDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT AND I'M PROBABLY GONNA HERP SOMETHING UP.

30 + 3.5 (57.66 + x) = 3 (60 + 1.2x)
231.81 + 3.5x = 180 + 3.6x
231.81 -180 = x/10
x = 10(51.81)
x = 518.1
Wut.

Unless I fucked something up (I probably did) you appear to need negative-thirty bonus attack damage for them to hit for the same total amount.

EDIT: Found it, forgot to account for Q's autoattack before it hits. That's the value if you go straight into a Q without letting the first attack hit. Also added a third hit for after the Q hits because of how the auto-attack reset should let that happen.

EDIT: I have no idea what/if I fucked up now, but I'm guessing the base AD starts to matter a lot more when you assume 3 ticks of E vs. 1 tick of Q and 2 ticks of stabbing their face.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:10:22 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1067