Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275100 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2160 on: July 28, 2011, 03:48:02 pm »

One thing I'll say for Renekton is he's a Lane Dominance Tanky DPSer. There are few, if any, champions he won't utterly annihilate in a lane. And that was before I realized his numbers with a pure AD page.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 28, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »

I'm thinking I'll get Jax, at least for now.  His late game shitwrecking is just what I'll need to deal with 1-3-1 pushing retards on my team just asking to get picked off one by three by one.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 28, 2011, 05:02:27 pm »

Bear in mind that Jax is somewhat trixy to play and heavily depends on doing well in early game so he can snowball into late game.

I would personally suggest Jarvan, probably the most versatile of the tanky deeps family, he can tank, he can deeps and he can combo for great win, when you learn his basics you can easily carry games even if you don't need to, or you can tank like a boss all the time if you build him properly.

Plus he has the most badass DEMACIA!!! ability out of all the DEMACIA!!! ability using champs :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 28, 2011, 06:04:56 pm »

Yeah, I dunno, when I looked at Jarvan his abilities seemed weird and I wasn't sure I liked him.  I've been reading more and I noticed he completely dominated the "who's the best tanky DPS" thread on LoL.  I think I'll get him instead, although I still like Jax.

Also, Xin/Shen get wrecked by me(Ashe) and Amumu in lane.  Xin/Shen talk the most shit when we lose (Katarina fed, didn't call mia, etc, ruined laning phase)  Typical.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 28, 2011, 07:01:27 pm »

Jarman isn't that good any more. He got hit by the nerf bat one too many times.

Irelia is still pretty up there. A Xin Zhao with Triforce + all tanky is also pretty insane. Lee Sin is great too, but he's really hard to play.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »

If you can play lee sin, get him. Jarvan can't really carry a losing team but any team that isn't downright losing can benefit greatly from having a Jarvan. He just brings alot of utility to the team, just don't expect him to have Irelia or Xin Zhao tier burst damage, jarvan's there to fuck shit up, not be the main damage dealer, altough its possible for him to pull some nice damage with the right items.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:04 pm »

Such a hard decision and they're all so expensive :c

Plus I really like Malz even though he seems to be cursed.  I always own my lane but every game there's one guy who doesn't speak English and feeds the whole game so Kennen has 4000 magic resist and only loses half his health when I null zone/ult him.  That's fucking ridiculous.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:54 pm »

Yeah, more or less about Jarman. He used to bring craptonnes of damage but oh well. Can't any more. For the best too, thank god.

I think tanky deeps are pretty much balanced now. All of them have a shot at doing the right job. The reason why I favour Irelia and Lee Sin so much is that Irelia barely ever loses her lane and Lee Sin is probably the most fun tanky deeps to play. Mrm... Xin Zhao is better at killing people and Croco is better at being Croco. There's also Udyr, but I'm not a particularly good Udyr player so I have no idea how badly he got nerfed.

There's Warwick. He's like the all-rounder. Jax is the lategame monster demon killer of unstoppable fury but like someone said earlier... pretty boring to play. Nasus is more or less useless in the current metagame of ranged champions everywhere. Olaf is completely surpassed by Nocturne.

There's Trundle, the superior Nunu replacement. And lastly Yorick, no idea what he's like after the nerfs.

I haven't had a chance to try Monkey King yet but he seems a bit lackluster.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 28, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »

Jarvan... isn't really tanky dps anymore.
He's more of just 'tank.'

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 28, 2011, 07:29:43 pm »

Well it depends on how you build him, but i find that a triforce and maybe atma give him a great deal of damage, you might not solo most champs but you will wear them down or you will initiate and disrupt like a boss and win your team big and small fights, and i find his dash is one of the most fun to use, it's not simply point and click and requires some positioning to fully utilize it's knock up and damage, that ofcourse makes it all the more satisfying to turn back on your chaser and knock him up under your turret to get the kill instead of dying like a random mook.

But i guess it all depends on you, wait for a week or two maybe one of them becomes free and you get to try them out.

Also i find something similar to me in your playing, you say you started hating Nasus recently, that happened to me too, he was the first champ i ever bought and i played him for a while then just stopped, then almost half a year later i started again, and i roflstomped most people, and he was fun, and still is.Same with Urgot and some other champs really, you just need some meta expirience in the game to be good with some champs, so even though you might not like a tanky deeps now (or might like him) that may change drastically as you continue playing the game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 28, 2011, 07:38:52 pm »

The more I look at her, the more I wonder why people don't play full on carry AP Janna.

She's got fantastic ratios. Every single thing scales with AP. And she can use almost all her skills miles away from the enemy.

In fact, every single time I've seen a full AP solo lane Janna... I've seen a victory.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 28, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »

Hey just wondering anyone have a good build for jungle fiddle?
Nom nom nom

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:15 pm »

There's also Udyr, but I'm not a particularly good Udyr player so I have no idea how badly he got nerfed.

In the latest patch? The biggest hit was the bug-fix on Mandred's Razors. Occasional +X% of the 500 extra damage was a nice little boost, but most now just get Vampiric for their jungle then ignore it for a while.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 28, 2011, 11:50:30 pm »

It seems like I do my best late night.  Last night I had that game where I got fed as Ashe, and I just played a game as Malz vs. Brand, Malz, Teemo, Corki, and Sivir.  17-0, three aces, triple-kill, my boots alone were enough to negate their MR, total domination.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 29, 2011, 12:02:31 am »

It seems like I do my best late night.  Last night I had that game where I got fed as Ashe, and I just played a game as Malz vs. Brand, Malz, Teemo, Corki, and Sivir.  17-0, three aces, triple-kill, my boots alone were enough to negate their MR, total domination.

No offense, but I don't know if that was because you were good, or because they were gloriously shit.  :-\

Also, hey, Imma gonna bitch about normal queue. Singed+Blitz Top vs Xin and Gragas. We proceed to give no fucks once we hit level 6, and stomp all over their faces. BUT, in the time that took, the combo of Nocturne and Ramus had died a total of 12 times. Our team had a total of 14 deaths.

The Enemy Taric was fed. He had a Rabadons and most of his build by 20 minutes. And no deaths. I mean, I was 3/0/9 at the same time, but holy hell our bot lane were terrible. Oh yeah, their Gangplank was down there as well.

Oh, our midlane was Poppy, but she kicked the shit out of their Teemo. Her, me and Blitz seemed to be the only decent members of our team, and when our Rammus quit it wasn't too bad a loss.

:-\

This game, sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:04:26 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1067