Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274879 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2400 on: July 31, 2011, 11:04:47 pm »

Yeah, I think so too. Both the best and worst single target CCs in the game.

Suppressions are fun~

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2401 on: July 31, 2011, 11:06:03 pm »

So what does suppression actually DO?

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 31, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »

So what does suppression actually DO?
Stops the enemy, and yourself, from doing anything other than the suppress.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 31, 2011, 11:17:43 pm »

It stuns a target basically. Except it also stuns you for the duration.

The "it stuns you as well" makes it the worst CC in the game if you think about it.

However, in LoL, most actual stuns either take awhile to happen (e.g: Sion / Taric with ther projectile travel time) or last a shorter amount of time or is a skillshot or things like that. Suppresions are instant, long ranged, and merely point and click. It's one of the reasons why Lanewick is ridiculously fearsome. Because at level 6, if he decides that you're going to die, you're basically dead. There's hardly any way to avoid his ultimate other than to be very far away. The same goes for Malzahar and Urgot.

Cleanse also doesn't work on suppression, which is a pretty big deal.

And that's why it can also be called the best CC in the game.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 31, 2011, 11:45:16 pm »

Cleanse also doesn't work on suppression, which is a pretty big deal.

And that's why it can also be called the best CC in the game.

Actually I think the biggest thing about suppressions is that they're not reduced by merc treads - they're uncounterable except for QSS and being Alistar.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: August 01, 2011, 01:47:37 am »

My entire team raged at me taking Clarity, and they told me to get a Banshees veil instead.

Lawlawlawlawlawlawlawl

They called me a noob too. I feel so bad about myself :D

The main one had 1500 wins D: His only death that game was him towerdiving Anivia because he gave no shits and wanted the pentakill.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:20:03 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:25 am »

Growl. Wukong is so annoying. Just went through a game where pretty much the only good characters on the enemy team were Soraka, Yi, and Wukong. The Gangplank and Katarina were sideshows, but they got lots of assists, so they had gold to throw around.

As Kassadin, I actually shut down Yi REALLY hard early-game, ending up with four kills on him in mid before mid-game started. Problem is... he ran down to the bottom lane and started farming there. I'm not sure who the weak link in our team was, because we should have been pushing those two lanes, what with Yi CONSTANTLY away from his team. Eventually, what I believe killed us was Wukong. I started stacking armor against Wukong and Yi, who are both pure physical, but I think I neglected my damage output in the process. I really should've gone for the Rabadon's even with their high damage. That was the mistake I made, forgetting that I was a nuke. That said, Wukong REALLY WAS ANNOYING. Seriously. Decoy+dash is just urghhh. And all his natural armor penetration. Any sure way to beat him down?
Also often called Boowells.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: August 01, 2011, 03:15:31 am »

I just started playing LoL, so good so far. I've steered clear form games like this after hearing about the atrociously elitist communities that encompass them. Though, after playing a few good matches, I haven't seem much of that. I was going to give Heroes of Newerth a try, but I'm a tad bit too addicted to LoL right now.

Not all too good but everyone is really helpful :].

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:31 am »

I started a game as Leona.. about 5 minutes in the two people in the top lane make a move on the enemies and get destroyed. One of them starts to berate me for being a terrible tank because I wasn't there. Nothing had been said in the game before that. I say nothing, the entire game they've both got it out for me and intentionally hang back when I'm in need of support, chortling in /all when I'm killed. Doing the same after team fights whether the outcome was positive or negative.

This game makes me hate people so much. Never before have I felt such disgust for other living human beings.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: August 01, 2011, 03:59:53 am »

Growl. Wukong is so annoying. Just went through a game where pretty much the only good characters on the enemy team were Soraka, Yi, and Wukong. The Gangplank and Katarina were sideshows, but they got lots of assists, so they had gold to throw around.

As Kassadin, I actually shut down Yi REALLY hard early-game, ending up with four kills on him in mid before mid-game started. Problem is... he ran down to the bottom lane and started farming there. I'm not sure who the weak link in our team was, because we should have been pushing those two lanes, what with Yi CONSTANTLY away from his team. Eventually, what I believe killed us was Wukong. I started stacking armor against Wukong and Yi, who are both pure physical, but I think I neglected my damage output in the process. I really should've gone for the Rabadon's even with their high damage. That was the mistake I made, forgetting that I was a nuke. That said, Wukong REALLY WAS ANNOYING. Seriously. Decoy+dash is just urghhh. And all his natural armor penetration. Any sure way to beat him down?
Wukong pretty much is overpowered at the moment, like most new champs.
He can build pure tank, and still be so annoying you have to get rid of him somehow.
Unfortunetly even if he builds ad, and no defenses, his natural armor/magic resistance/decoy make it extremely hard to kill him.
And his ult cannot be stopped. You really should be able to stop it by stunning him, so he cant just run around and easily survive any early game ganks.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: August 01, 2011, 04:58:33 am »

Wukong ult is basically ignorable before lv 6. The decoy is annoying, but most of the time obvious (pay attention, brah) He has no CC apart from his ultimate. His damage output is fairly negligible as well unless fed. Just compare him to other tanky DPS. Xin Zhao: actually has a steroid, deals quite some burst, spammable CC, higher sustain anywhere. Irelia: longer CC, far higher sustain, less vulnerable to CC, and 75 true damage on every hit.

If anything, he's annoying, but never OP. He does have AoE CC and is far more slippery than the mentioned characters... but meh.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: August 01, 2011, 06:11:40 am »

Wukong ult is basically ignorable before lv 6. The decoy is annoying, but most of the time obvious (pay attention, brah) He has no CC apart from his ultimate. His damage output is fairly negligible as well unless fed. Just compare him to other tanky DPS. Xin Zhao: actually has a steroid, deals quite some burst, spammable CC, higher sustain anywhere. Irelia: longer CC, far higher sustain, less vulnerable to CC, and 75 true damage on every hit.

If anything, he's annoying, but never OP. He does have AoE CC and is far more slippery than the mentioned characters... but meh.

Most peoples ults are ignorable until lvl 6.

On a side note, who would you says a better mage, Orianna or Cassiopeia?

Orianna has amazing laning powers, like her zoning is just unsurpassed, but really ends up lacking damage later on. Her ult is really useful though, its basically like a weirdo stun that confuses people.

Cassiopeia on the other hand does amazing single target damage and her ult is a 2 second stun to anyone facing her in a cone infront of her. As good as it sound she has to get really close to use it. Or in my case, flash into 4 of them accidently pull of the stun and run the fuck away.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: August 01, 2011, 06:30:22 am »

Ffffffffff, meant lv 11. I mean, seriously, that lv 6 base damage is tiny.

Cassi and Ori are both stupidly amazing in lane, but at different times. Cassi devastates anyone pre-6. Ori does so post-6 mostly, when you get your Dissonance levels in.
Cassiopeia is more unforgiving, though. Orianna still is somewhat hard, but not as hard as Cassi is.
Also Orianna will receive some more nerfs in the near future. Cass most likely not. Furthermore, while she has more sustained damage than the average caster, Orianna is mainly a burst mage. Cassiopeia is nearly 100% sustained damage, but her damage and scaling is high enough to compare to a ranged carry's. She is just very unlike the average burst mage.

I like both. :D Orianna is currently somewhat OP. Cassio is probably also very good, but she is played far less. She makes anyone her bitch in lane pre-6 tho and scales well throughout the game assuming you get a bit of feed going on.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: August 01, 2011, 06:56:30 am »

Yeah, Cass suffers badly when fighting against burst mages. Never ever go against Annie with her, you get close? She takes you down to half health in an instant.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1067