Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269970 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15195 on: October 02, 2015, 12:06:07 pm »

...and Faker picks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edit

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15196 on: October 03, 2015, 03:09:06 am »

...and Faker picks
edit
Phreak

Phreak please
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15198 on: October 08, 2015, 10:04:06 am »

During the KOO-CLG game, Deficio said something along the lines of Azir needing to rush Nashor's tooth, even against a Veigar, because Athene's would slow his build down too much.  Nashor's got +20 ap, -10% attack speed in patch 5.13, I suppose that 20ap pushes it over the top
 On pro builds, it lists Nashor's as most popular in 32% of games, Morellonimicon 6th most popular in 6%, Athene's not even making the list. I suppose the difference is that pro players are confident enough in their mana management/defensive play they won't sacrifice 20ap for a bit more security and sustain.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15199 on: October 12, 2015, 01:00:00 am »

Hah, finally had a match that reminded me that LoL could be fun instead of irritating.

Darius went AFK after a couple minutes, and something like the first 30-ish minutes were them slowly grinding down our turrets even though we were technically ahead on kills. Finally it came down to the end, we were all dead and they were about to start on the nexus. So I taunted them into diving me, killed the three that were alive, and we clung on. A minute or two later, the Alistar and I managed to 2v5 into getting me a penta; we rushed down all of their towers and took the nexus as they respawned.

Nobody was salty at all through the entire match, nobody raged at the end, most of both teams were laughing in chat for the last couple minutes. And it wouldn't have ended like that if Darius hadn't AFKed, we would have been able to roll over them pretty quickly and nobody would have had a fun, close game. Surprises where you least expect them, yeah?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15200 on: October 12, 2015, 11:41:19 am »

Cloud9: Epic collapse, or the epicest collapse?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15201 on: October 12, 2015, 01:07:07 pm »

Poor NA,

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: October 12, 2015, 01:18:51 pm »

This is why my 2nd account is named WhiteMenCantGank. (even if half the NA teams are Asian anyways)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15203 on: October 12, 2015, 03:07:40 pm »

Saying "gg we lose" after my second ban selection is like the only surefire way to make sure that we do, in fact, lose. I wish that "/mute all" worked in the lobbies :(

(The fact that this was said by a riven-main "smurf" who disconnected three times in the first ten minutes did not make me feel better.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: October 14, 2015, 07:28:09 am »

Finally managed to play Kindred. Fun champ. Definitely underlined the importance of denying enemy Kindreds as well, by the time they FFed theirs still hadn't managed to get six stacks, and that was after half their team invaded to try to shut me down at the start. I really like how they rotate around that core concept of zone control in combat. The jump's nice, not so big as to be OP, just enough to hop small walls and dance around slower melee champs. The Q arrows not stacking the E was probably a good choice, even if it makes it sort of annoying that you have to choose between getting the proc ASAP versus making use of Q while your W field is down.

3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15205 on: October 15, 2015, 04:54:54 pm »

Finally managed to play Kindred. Fun champ. Definitely underlined the importance of denying enemy Kindreds as well, by the time they FFed theirs still hadn't managed to get six stacks, and that was after half their team invaded to try to shut me down at the start. I really like how they rotate around that core concept of zone control in combat. The jump's nice, not so big as to be OP, just enough to hop small walls and dance around slower melee champs. The Q arrows not stacking the E was probably a good choice, even if it makes it sort of annoying that you have to choose between getting the proc ASAP versus making use of Q while your W field is down.

Yeah, Kindred is cool. Just played them in One-for-All against a 5-Lux team. We managed to win by starting teamfights as a distraction while one or two of us split pushed like crazy. And then we used the split pushing as a distraction while we got Dragon and Baron. I also managed to have zero deaths alone against two Luxs top lane for fifteen minutes, which was hard. Kindred's Q is GREAT for dodging like a boss, especially with W to reduce the cooldown. The ult is useful, although it doesn't last all that long. Was still good for parrying Lux ults, although they eventually started spacing them out so they'd kill us when the effect wore off. Honestly, I think this game was one of the more coordinated ones I've played in a good while[At least with random internet people]. We actually used strategy and communicated effectively to win against a superior foe.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15206 on: October 16, 2015, 03:49:34 am »

So far I've won all of my One for All modes that I've played, whether due to luck or stupidity on the enemy's part.

First match was Kalista vs Soraka. The enemy Sorakas couldn't hit anything jumping around that much, and I had a point where I was soloing their team, managed to kill 2 of them before dying myself. Ended 17-1-7.

Next match was Lulu vs Gangplank. We had an even spread of 3AD, 2AP Lulu, and while it was a rough start, they all ended tasting purple. Ended 12-2-14 with a more attack speed inclined build.

Then there was the Jayce vs Zilean round. They were annoying, as anyone who didn't want to die basically didn't die. But when 2-3 Jayces chain each other gates, it's a constant barrage of burst damage, and none of them had the forethought to get Zhonyas.

Last I had a Mordekaiser vs Yasuo, which went better than expected. Another rough start, but they had a jungler, and it was basically playing a game of Pokemon. 2-3 of them ulting 1-2 of us left them wide open to just get smashed and turned into minions. 5v5 became 6v4, 7v3, and so on.

I just wish they'd have these fun game modes more often, or simply integrated them like DotA 2 has, with separate patching. And I really want to play Matroshka Kench. It'll be like a horror movie/nature documentary. "Here we see the catfish, giving birth to it's young... which then also gave birth to another, full size specimen, and oh Christ they're eating everything."

There are a few characters that should do extremely well in this mode, particularly due to their ability to go alternate builds. Well, technically anyone can, but a decent spread of AP/AD is always nice, like with Mundo, Tahm Kench, Kayle, Lulu, etc.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:57:15 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15207 on: October 16, 2015, 04:29:27 am »

In my own experience the best picks are ones which are commonly played and mechanically simple. Every game that wasn't lost to someone insisting on jungling or throwing a hissy fit over not getting the champion they wanted was lost because people didn't understand how champions worked and didn't know how to read tooltips. Lux in particular is very, very good because you can all proc stacks from each others' passives. Gangplank is fun as well, since you can combo off of each others' barrels; that game we had chains 8-9 barrels long.

3. Run Resize Enable

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: October 16, 2015, 06:10:10 am »

Just won a game where we got Diana. They(Zed) surrendered around about the point where we were able to 2v2 and come out without taking any damage.

The cooldown resetting on Diana's ult is /insane/ when people are marked in close range constantly.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15209 on: October 16, 2015, 08:41:11 am »

Ooh, yeah, had a Diana vs Zed match myself. It's pretty crazy, between already being a counter and getting that crazy synergy.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1067