Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Training the troops  (Read 567 times)

S4rab

• Bay Watcher
  • Hot Damn
    • View Profile
Training the troops
« on: May 06, 2011, 04:48:25 am »

I am trying to make a proper military force that is really good in what they do, but I want to know what I need to train my troops and what is a good way of doing it fast. I would also like to know if once the are assigned to the squad do they stay with that profession and not go and do stuff when they have spare time. E.g. Planter gets drafted trains for an hour and then goes to plant cause he is good at planting.
"From the Dark Abyss, I come. From the Very Pits of Hell, I come. The Lord of Chaos, the Dark Demon only seen in nightmares shall rise"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Training the troops
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 04:55:04 am »

If you put them in a squad, they will train if they would be idle otherwise. I think. Unless you put them on a training alert, in which case, they train full time.

I think.

Jome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 04:56:09 am »

One of those training thing wich I forgot the name off.
Wooden TRAINING SPEARS in a small room wich is set to train them. This will make them train really quick.

S4rab

• Bay Watcher
  • Hot Damn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:03:41 am »

Ah, training spears one sounds good but how do i go about doing this? Really noob to the military thing you see
"From the Dark Abyss, I come. From the Very Pits of Hell, I come. The Lord of Chaos, the Dark Demon only seen in nightmares shall rise"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:08:04 am »

We all know about the DF wiki, I'm sure.  If you don't, you do now.  Wiki up "danger room".  It's like an obstacle course on steroids.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 05:28:17 am »

I am trying to make a proper military force that is really good in what they do, but I want to know what I need to train my troops and what is a good way of doing it fast. I would also like to know if once the are assigned to the squad do they stay with that profession and not go and do stuff when they have spare time. E.g. Planter gets drafted trains for an hour and then goes to plant cause he is good at planting.
They'll train all the time if you set the (s)quad to Active/Training. If the squad is set to Inactive they will perform Individual Combat Drills if they don't have a job to do. Individual Combat Drills are slow at improving military skills though,  and they only do them part-time, so their improvement is very slow.

I suggest searching this forum for military training, or danger rooms.