Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opps.... Danger Room Deaths  (Read 734 times)

Tyius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Opps.... Danger Room Deaths
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:52:54 am »

I had locked in my captain of the guard with some copper weapons and armor (until i find tin or spoilerite) and had the room full of bored people pulling the switch continually, and he lays down for a nap(and gets his skull jammed through his brain)
The murders are for their own good. I regret none of them. All were sound decisions made to balance the scales in favor of prosperity.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: Opps.... Danger Room Deaths
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:20:24 am »

What were the weapons in the trap made of?
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Tyius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:16 am »

All just wood training spears lol.
The murders are for their own good. I regret none of them. All were sound decisions made to balance the scales in favor of prosperity.

S4rab

• Bay Watcher
  • Hot Damn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:25:22 am »

All just wood training spears lol.

Not much help but I am gonna say thats kinda a fail lol :P
"From the Dark Abyss, I come. From the Very Pits of Hell, I come. The Lord of Chaos, the Dark Demon only seen in nightmares shall rise"

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:26:59 am »

I have had dwarves assigned to the danger room collapse from exhaustion due to overexertion.

But I have never had anyone fall asleep. I assume that the repeated stabbing keeps them awake.

I guess that even training spears get occasionally lucky...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 01:31:35 am »

Did you... give him a helmet?  A wooden spear -might- break a copper helmet, not sure.  Either way, whenever anything becomes prone, from exhaustion or whatever, it's insta-headshots from any weapon attacking it.  This is why you do NOT lock them in, but instead assign them to the area.  They will leave when tired, and prevent these inevitably hilarious deaths.

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 01:43:13 am »

Did you... give him a helmet?  A wooden spear -might- break a copper helmet, not sure.  Either way, whenever anything becomes prone, from exhaustion or whatever, it's insta-headshots from any weapon attacking it.  This is why you do NOT lock them in, but instead assign them to the area.  They will leave when tired, and prevent these inevitably hilarious deaths.

that OR give them a bed, food and drinks and just make em patrol on the spikes, so if anything goes wrong they will run off the spikes to do there dwarfyness

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 01:45:03 am »

If you've done that, then you've done what I said.  They'll leave the spike area for their needs.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 02:00:43 am »

I usually just make a barracks of it, using a small nook for the armor stand and a door to block it off, set internal so as not to block the designation for the barracks. Then I make a separate, not-so-stabby barracks for legendary warriors.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 02:09:19 am »

Coincidentally, you can define a room and then add walls, and the room designation doesn't disappear.  You can make training rooms without an armor stand in the room.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 03:49:01 am »

I have had dwarves assigned to the danger room collapse from exhaustion due to overexertion.

But I have never had anyone fall asleep.
I've had someone fall unconscious from overexertion in the danger room before. The door wasn't locked, but that was the time when I have yet to figure out how to lower the minimum active soldiers.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it