Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trump at the white house correspondents dinner, oh lol  (Read 2766 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Trump at the white house correspondents dinner, oh lol
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:08:42 am »

I don't care much for politics generally, but watching Trump's expression as they made fun of him was pretty priceless. Obama was kind of meh, but Seth Meyer was killing him. Politics are dirty business, and if you get involved you need to be able to handle it and not sit there like an idiot hehe.

President Obama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9mzJhvC-8E
Seth Meyer: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/seth-meyers-mocks-trump-biden-at-press-dinner/2011/04/30/AFAiqiOF_video.html

Trump "said he's running as a Republican," said Meyers. "Which is surprising: I just assumed he was running as a joke."
"Donald Trump said recently he had a 'great relationship with the blacks.' Though unless 'the Blacks' are a family of white people, I bet he's mistaken."
"Donald Trump owns the Miss USA pageant, which is great for Republicans because it will streamline their search for a Vice President."

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trump at the white house correspondents dinner, oh lol
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:34:28 am »

Oh man, thanks for the link, I would have missed this. Watching through these...Obama has pretty good comedic timing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 07:34:57 am »

Thanks for the links, enjoyed it.

Also, you'd better make sure Trump don't win this thing, or this will become an everyday pasttime in the rest of the world. You think people enjoy ridiculing Berlusconi? It will be nothing compared to what will happen to President Trump. ;D
Love, scriver~

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:36:17 am »

Oh man. Being an Australian, I had no opinion one way or the other on Obama. Saw the first video; guy's a bamf.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:42:50 am »

Naw, there are no worries of a Trump presidency. Just enjoy the circus.

The 2012 elections are in the bag for the democrats. At the end of the day no one wants to have their medicare eliminated. Just the fear of it is what caused the "mandate" last election cycle, yet for this cycle it will actually be real. I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to do the opposite of what they were elected to do, but thats politics for ya :P

/registered republican
//rational voice drowned out by the cry of racist tea baggers and corporate propaganda
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:57:16 am »

"It's not a strong field. But you know who could beat you in 2012, Mr. President? Barack Obama from 2008. You would have loved that guy."

Omg, he fucking killed. Watching Obama when he made the Black Family joke, I thought he was going to have to cover his face with his hands.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:40:51 am »

Heck if Tpaw (which is what Tim Pawlenty, frmr gov of MN) doesn't keep sending me emails like he's making a run for it. I stay on his mailing list cuz they're pretty entertaining.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:32:34 am »

"Donald Trump said recently he had a 'great relationship with the blacks.' Though unless 'the Blacks' are a family of white people, I bet he's mistaken."

Donald Trump has a great relationship with Rebecca Black's Family.   :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 01:49:11 pm »

I just saw Obama making jokes about some Republican guy in the Dutch news. Guess that was the same guy you are talking about..
was pretty funny :P

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 03:16:54 pm »

I about died when Obama said he had a video of his birth to appease the teabaggers and they started playing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and then he made sure to tell Fox News that it was a joke and they could ask Disney for the long-form.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 03:24:13 pm »

Oh God.  The musical intro, with Hulk Hogan, Rocky, and Optimus Prime, and bam muthafuckas check out that birth certificate.  I love having a president who's a nerd with a sense of humor.  He was reveling in that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 04:09:09 pm »

For the Obama speech, you get to see him doing a remarkably good resemblance of a trollface at 1:05.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 04:20:55 pm »

That intro was the best thing I've ever seen.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 06:42:07 pm »

some Republican guy

You mean this guy?

Donald Trump, Asshole Extraordinaire is not "some Republican guy", thank you very much.  He's the poster child for self-interested cutthroat big business skulduggery.  Why him?  Because his greatest marketing success is himself.

RE Obama's speech:  Oh dear god that intro...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:45:52 pm by Earthquake Damage »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 07:20:51 pm »

How could he show a song from "The lion king" as his birth certificate with a straight face?
I would have collapsed in laughter.
Pages: [1] 2