Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No more strange moods?  (Read 750 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No more strange moods?
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:01:09 am »

A fort with a fairly long history suddenly stopped having moods.  Prior I turned off temp, weather, and for some reason [economy]--could this have done it?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No more strange moods?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:20:29 am »

Im not sure if they are disabled or you just don't have creative dwarfs. A goodway to test this is to send a single dwarf against many enemies. If he Goes Martial Trance, Then you can still have moods.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:21:25 am »

There's a limit to how many artifacts a fort can have. This limit depends on how many tiles have been dug out.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:26:07 am »

There's a limit to how many artifacts a fort can have. This limit depends on how many tiles have been dug out.

Really? How exactly, if known, does that work? It should go into the wiki if that's the case, because I certainly never heard that before.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:38:22 am »

It was true in the previous version:

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Strange_mood#Conditions

It could very well still be true.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:48:59 am »

Interesting... Some of that info at least may have changed though, because I could swear I've had military dwarves get strange moods... They weren't on duty though so wouldn't have a military profession listed.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:00:49 pm »

Opening the caverns gives you a lot more "mined out" tiles and kickstarted moods in my previous fort.
This is a blank sig.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 12:15:57 pm »

Really? How exactly, if known, does that work? It should go into the wiki if that's the case, because I certainly never heard that before.
Source was from a DF talk.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:15:25 pm »

All three caverns are open, trances still occuring, last mood was last spring, its late spring, still no mood, tried turning on economy, no luck. sigh
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?