Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332562 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6795 on: September 26, 2016, 02:35:48 pm »

But seriously, why do my troops get killed so easily(in cover or not), when it takes so much effort to bring down one of the enemy?

I can't stress the important of artillery any more. The era of warfare where you commit to a large frontal assault and expect minimal losses is long past since World War 1. If the enemy lacks anti-armor capabilities, or if you can flank them, you can usually overrun enemy defenses with armor. But more often than not, you have to rely on good scouts and a couple of mortar/artillery batteries to tear apart heavily fortified location.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: September 27, 2016, 10:30:51 am »

They thought they could defeat me. THEY WERE WRONG!!! when they sent all their hydralisks and they breached my barracks, I immediately sent all fly-able buildings to distant locations. the hydralisks defeated everything that couldn't fly away, but they didn't put a base their, and were called away to fight the protoss that were attacking their forward outpost. I sent my buidlings back, and made it impenetrable. then I stole the outposts out from the enemy. then I ripped their home base apart! since they saved me from death, I saved the protoss for last. I sent all my troops. they were destroyed. furious, I attempted to create more attack units. but I didn't have enough crystals. so, I looked for crystals. there were none, except far away from any command station. so, I sent the last of marines to protect the SCV's while they collected the last crystals in the map. then to save crystals, I made a bunch of ghosts. I sent the last of all my offensive characters at the protoss. they got through the ranks but some were killed by a high Templar. I got through and killed all their offensive units. but their proton cannons destroyed us. however a medic survived. with only 8 hp I sent it to the nearest bunker. I had to decide what to do. what to do? then I realized that the SCV's weren't doing anything, so I grabbed 'em all and sent them at the enemy. when they got to the medic, I made her follow them and sent them at enemy, while sending my flying buildings to try and distract them. it worked. it worked. I had only SCV's and a near-death medic, and I won.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: September 28, 2016, 04:56:17 am »

Was going to support some troops at Sungray Power Hub from Moss Ravine. Along the way, an ally tank had pulled ahead of my Sunderer, and started firing at something. I quickly noticed it, a Vanguard.  Popping from cover to cover, I finally made it to the Power Hub, but the Vanguard caught up with me. Since he hit me before I deployed(meaning no shields), I could do nothing but bail and run, and hope I could either get away or drop some mines on them.

Apparently, the exploding wreck of my Sunderer rolled onto the Vanguard, crediting me for the kill of both the tank and crew. I'll take it!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: September 28, 2016, 06:36:58 am »

Just completed my first run of Dark Souls 3 completely solo, no AI or player summons.

Dark Souls 3. Duh.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: September 28, 2016, 10:36:27 am »

There's a new map that's been added to the Official KOTH rotation. Can't remember the name, but it's got a bunch of buildings with Japanese paper walls and the like. The control point's building is very small, and it has one screen on both the RED and BLU side. Basically, it's very close quarters.

I went with the Revengineer build (Frontier Justice + Gunslinger) and found out I could do extremely well.

Then I went with Jag and Stock Shotgun.

I found myself in second or third place.

Note: I've also noticed that my skill with the shotguns is much greater than before.

My sniping is still extremely weak, so I'm unable to live up to the monkier "Crazed Gunman".

That sounds like koth_suijin, a rather fun and pretty map. I'm glad it was added to official rotation, these days it's fairly well balanced.
Also, the shotgun is a VERY good weapon, especially on engi: a stock shotgun engineer is essentially a slower moving scout without a double jump. Engi shotgun aim feeds into Scout scattergun aim and vice versa; they're fairly similar playstyles, being both short, annoying 125hp shotgundudes. Of course, yes, scout has other things, and Engi has his wrench and such, but take away their class unique ability, and scout and engi are identical besides a slight speed boost on the Scout.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that Engineer is surprisingly deadly if you play aggressively.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: September 28, 2016, 05:34:04 pm »

Final score of 14. Next closest was 5.
I spent half the match with at least one angry opponent relentlessly chasing me. The highlight was probably when I knocked someone towards the edge of the map, threw my pistol the same way in the hopes of finishing them off, was then smacked from behind from someone else and ended up being in the same spot as my victim when the pistol hit.
Yes, it knocked them out, while I made it back to solid ground. xD

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: October 01, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »

In the middle of a heated battleship duel, one of my brave cruiser captains managed to torpedo a massive french dreadnought.  The BB Massana was the flagship of the French fleet and considered by many to be the greatest warship in the world.

Unfortunately I was playing as the French...  But luckily my damage control team *owned*.

Yeah it's got a great theme and I like the balance changes (although maybe they should reduce the nerf on piercing damage a little).  Sadly it has the same problem with mount and blade where the map feels very static and it's a real grind trying to win a war.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: October 01, 2016, 07:14:40 pm »

Finally got enough money to buy a brand-new, completely customized spaceship. Hooray for not having to deal with the shitty starting ship any longer! \o/

Evochron Legacy

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: October 02, 2016, 03:03:55 pm »

Yeah it's got a great theme and I like the balance changes (although maybe they should reduce the nerf on piercing damage a little).  Sadly it has the same problem with mount and blade where the map feels very static and it's a real grind trying to win a war.
Hmm... I think we might be talking about entirely different games, here.
The Brawlhalla I'm referring to is a rather cutesy, 4-player, sidescrolling fighting game in the vein of Smash Brothers. Not sure what game you're talking about, but it sounds rather interesting. Only played a little bit of Mount and Blade myself, since I haven't really had a computer powerful enough to run anything more than the most basic version properly, but it seemed pretty decent.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: October 06, 2016, 02:36:08 am »

I managed to fiddle Skyrim in to looking better while still running as well as it has on my laptop.

I turned "specularity fade" all the way down, in the pre-game options dialogue. Now everything isn't mysteriously glistening, I can have shadows on high AND the game still runs well. Actually better than it was previously, in some scenes.

Now to download a bunch of physics-enabled hair mods and wreck the performance again lol

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: October 08, 2016, 02:08:32 pm »

There are those that say that Castform is a terrible pokemon, a gimmick and nothing more, best boxed and never used.

I say, those people haven't used it against Winona's Altaria. My Castform effortlessly soloed the creature despite being lower-leveled and barely trained, bringing a swift end to a rather easy gym leader battle.
now back to the box with you! :V
Omega Ruby
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: October 09, 2016, 02:00:22 pm »

Did an Interception Assault Rifle only Sortie mission.

By cheesing it as hard as possible. We used a Trinity to make sure everybody always had energy, and then a Rhino, a Frost and me as an Excalibur to basically troll the enemy and stunlock them at the consoles. This feels too good.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6807 on: October 09, 2016, 02:12:55 pm »

Ornery and Slow down... as a hollow soldier. So far so good!

Dark Souls. Doing a challengeish (it's not super hardcore - hollow soldier equipment only, and miracles) run.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: October 09, 2016, 02:28:51 pm »

Beat Ornstein and SMOUGH without taking damage or blocking. Velka's Rapier is pretty great, especially counting the Occult thingy. Homing Soulmass helped.

Carved a swath of devastation through F4 and F5, which had been troubling me for a while. Made delicious sushi out of both Lamprey Serpents, made the Silent Siren shut the hell up and dunked the hell out of everyone's favourite Misfortune Top.

Hina is actually surprisingly robust in this game. More so then Kaguya or Mokou, which is kinda odd. Kaguya was the MVP of this engagement, dropping thousands of points of damage every time she acted.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6809 on: October 11, 2016, 08:48:49 am »

Sunlight Blade is pretty strong! Which is good, because I really needed it for the Four Three Kings. Taking that fight on without much in the way of poise is horrific.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 711