Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328320 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5835 on: April 15, 2016, 05:43:46 pm »

You're saying Cinccino is a good Pokemon?
"Good" might be pushing it, but it's ridiculously cute, hits like a truck when outfitted with a Choice Band, and is surprisingly fast (base 110 puts it up there with the Latis, Mega-Meta, and Gengar).  It has huge weaknesses that stop it from regular use, most notably that it cannot take a hit to save its life and its attacks tend to have mediocre accuracy, but with that Choice Band and type coverage, one can do a surprising amount of damage to people who have never seen someone use a Cinccino seriously before and thus have no idea what it's capable of.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: April 15, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

^ Right there.  My biggest danger in cart battles is someone bringing something I'm not familiar with.  Tyranatar in triple battles?  Rock slides.  Mewtwo?  It's going to mega.  The primals?  Put up wide guard or yer gunna have a bad time.

But bring in something like a raticate or a furfrou?  I haven't the slightest idea what those are capable of and am probably going to vastly underestimate the thing and lose horribly, or at least make a bad decision or two.   (Yea cart battles are slow enough that I could probably look them up, but that spoils much of the experience to me.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:58:20 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: April 15, 2016, 07:00:11 pm »

You're saying Cinccino is a good Pokemon?

It's not good, but it's most definitely capable. Skill Link makes its multi-hit moves always hit 5x; and Tail-Slap hits quite hard as a result. 25BP + stab + 5x hits = a free, 100% accurate 125+ 62.5 =182.5BP move. The downside is that Cinccino has a relatively poor 95 base attack, and no method of hitting Steel types hard. Its defenses are also quite weak, @ 75/60/60. It does have a fantastic 115 base speed, but in a game where priority moves are king, coming up against anything running Mach Punch will melt the little chinchilla.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: April 15, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »

Playing Civ 5, just got the expansions and decided to try playing Dom4 Mictlan in Civ 5.

Montezuma religion-based domination run.  Spawned next to Uluru which gives a base +6 faith and had my pantheon at like turn 4, for +4 faith on natural wonders.  Piety gave me +12 a turn by like turn 15, started my Teotl religion (I have a historical religions mod) and got Holy Warriors for faith-purchasing land units, and the rest is history.

Aggressively expanding my religion for tithe gold and Just War attack bonuses, kept Arabia around cause I didn't want to get too many warmonger penalties early on, but then he founded Islam a couple tiles away from Damascus, which I'd faux-nahualicized to Tamalcan.

So I had to remove kebab.  And I did.  Took Mecca, renamed it Mexcoco, and used an inquisitor and a missionary on it, eliminating Islam entirely and replacing it with Teotl.  Only a couple tiny enclaves in a few cities still have Islam, and Teotl's overwhelmingly dominant on this continent now, which means tons of gold and a 20% attack bonus for my invasions.  Now I'm working on stomping out the other civs on my continent.  There's still a bunch of people without them, but I don't think anybody except maybe Songhai or Indonesia actually has the sea power to come and do something about it.

Shoes...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: April 15, 2016, 08:11:36 pm »

Captured the Imperial Grand Admiral's flagship. Sure, it's no better than any other Equinox-class carrier(one of which I already have in garage), but it's still a pretty cool trophy. Even better, I have the rank to fly it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: April 15, 2016, 08:35:19 pm »

Very rewarding to snipe people with reddit skin snakes. *evil maniacal laughter*

Also managed to kill a big ~6,000+ snake and take most of his body mass when I was about 500 units long.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: April 16, 2016, 01:17:35 am »

Play of the Match included a huge Macross Missile Massacre that wiped out five players in one go.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: April 16, 2016, 02:42:55 am »

Just beat the Neutral Run without dying even a single time. Without the Temmie Armor. Considering that I've been carefully achieving the best epilogues for each monster, that's a bit of a feat I feel.

Undertale.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5843 on: April 16, 2016, 02:44:06 am »

Very rewarding to snipe people with reddit skin snakes. *evil maniacal laughter*

Also managed to kill a big ~6,000+ snake and take most of his body mass when I was about 500 units long.

Is it just me or are those Reddit snakes particularly cheeky and aggressive?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: April 16, 2016, 08:05:32 am »

Is it just me or are those Reddit snakes particularly cheeky and aggressive?
I think it's just you and confirmation bias. I've seen aggressive reddit snakes and passive reddits snakes. Generally though it seems to me that players with skins tend to get bigger than other players, whether because they're aggressive or because they flat out play longer sessions.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: April 16, 2016, 11:29:56 am »

I played through Rune Factory 4 and it was almost effortless. I don't know if I was cheating or something because everyone online seems to think these bosses I wiped in >10 seconds are super hard.

So, I guess I'm a compulsive grinder, even if I don't notice it?
...woo?

thincake

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: April 16, 2016, 11:37:27 am »

Surrounded a snake who had surrounded another snake. Saved the smaller snake's life.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: April 16, 2016, 12:03:14 pm »

Surrounded a snake who had surrounded another snake. Saved the smaller snake's life.

You're doing it wrong.

You surround the snake who had surrounded the other snake, then eat them both.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: April 16, 2016, 12:32:03 pm »

What he said.

Also, I passed 60 000.

I think I have a problem.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: April 16, 2016, 12:39:58 pm »

You're doing it wrong.

You surround the snake who had surrounded the other snake, then eat them both.
I actually did that too shortly later. I've made a habit of trying to constrict constrictors. It seems like a rude strategy that deserves counter-constricting.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 711