Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329531 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3480 on: November 12, 2014, 02:17:00 pm »

I'm guessing flak is from the AE, right?

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: November 12, 2014, 04:43:13 pm »

Managed to win using the Escape Pod and spending ludicrous amounts of food (either unlocking the med pod) without pausing (unlocking the sanitary pod) and opening every door (drill pod) in the same run. That only leaves the Armory Pod (No dead heroes, which happened a lot) for future tries. All in all, quite happy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: November 12, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »

After multiple iterations and messing up my rescue by doing things such as blowing up my soldier with artillery, blowing up civilians with artillery, and blowing up my artillery with orbital artillery, I managed to rescue a whole 67 people, which was enough to beat the level. Woo, responsibility for humanity!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:05:26 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: November 12, 2014, 07:05:22 pm »

After multiple iterations and messing up my rescue by doing things such as blowing up my soldier with artillery, blowing up civilians with artillery, and blowing up my artillery with orbital artillery, I managed to rescue a whole 67 people, which was enough to beat the level. Woo, responsibility for humanity!

nuevos aires, and it is because many of blendo games previous games are set there.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3484 on: November 12, 2014, 07:26:12 pm »

AZS is so weird. I love the surfer tunes but it got very repetitive after a while (the music not the game, game is great). It's also really really haaaaard.. ;-;

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3485 on: November 12, 2014, 11:10:23 pm »

Took on a whole room of scrags, then suddenly a shambler (forgot about them being this early on Hard), and before I could catch my breath, another fucking shambler. I had a shotgun, super shotgun, and a regular nailgun. Took minimal damage, and conserved a surprising amount of ammo during the fight. Primarily because of the nailgun's surprising accuracy, relative to the crap accuracy of the (super) shotgun.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:14:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: November 13, 2014, 08:23:35 am »

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

blazing glory

« Reply #3487 on: November 13, 2014, 09:13:35 am »

I haven't played Alien: Isolation or survival horror games at all but I think you ended up missing the point.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: November 13, 2014, 10:23:49 am »

For some of us, that is the point of survival horror.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: November 13, 2014, 10:25:21 am »

I agree with Hans and MZ, the appropriately human response to survival horror is to snap and kill the damn thing.  I am an apex predator, not a meal on legs.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: November 13, 2014, 11:32:20 am »

Quake, Hard Mode

I forgot how enjoyable it was to maul all kinds of beasts to ska music; since the soundtrack isn't available still.
quake without the soundtrack?? this is borderline blasphemy!

read this and get dat music

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3491 on: November 13, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »

Quake, Hard Mode

I forgot how enjoyable it was to maul all kinds of beasts to ska music; since the soundtrack isn't available still.
quake without the soundtrack?? this is borderline blasphemy!

read this and get dat music
Took some effort to find, but these sound packs are still as funny as when I first used them. MST3k and Simpsons are always a good source of entertainment for this game.

Grab a key, inevitable enemies spawn, "Krusty: GUESS WHO, FATBOY!!!", die from laughter and enemy fire, "Mr. Burns: What a disgraceful display...". Also Homer going crazy as the sounds for melting in acid or lava is a funny way to get killed.

Just as well, hearing rotwilers scream "Snausages!" or hearing mooks say "Again?" as you kill them is always pretty funny, as well as the commentary for collecting loot. Like ammo pickups: "HUZZAH!"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:40:54 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: November 13, 2014, 03:35:19 pm »

Beat All-Star mode with Villager and like almost 200% damage.

Bloody hell, kid. You're a friggin' psycho.

Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: November 13, 2014, 08:44:09 pm »

The thing about humans is we're designed to be prey- after all, we don't really have claws, fangs or anything, but instead we went 'fuck that' and armed ourselves with spears and such.

What.

No, this is the exact opposite of how it worked. Humans are predators. We have binocular vision, omnivorous dentition, we're skilled at endurance hunting and working in packs, we have increased intelligence to anticipate prey behavior... The list goes on. We don't have big fangs or claws, yeah, but we are actually quite dangerous with our blunt striking fists if we choose to be. 

Edit:
Sorry, I misspoke. Humans are the apex predator of earth. We are outdone in detail, but we shine with our general ability. We are so predatory that we eat EVERYTHING living. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: November 13, 2014, 08:49:08 pm »

we are actually quite dangerous with our blunt striking fists if we choose to be. 
Indeed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 711