Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329922 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3315 on: October 13, 2014, 01:01:18 pm »

I had a really weird but fun game as axe yesterday. Our Doom said he wanted to go solo safe lane, so I went jungle axe. I ended up accidentaly dying to the first jungle camp I fought due to being very unlucky with axe procs. Then our team started dying, first the invoker being killed by the enemy pudge on mid lane and our doom dying several times on top lane.
Anyway, after the enemy team had a 6 kill advantage before 15 minutes, I started ganking every lane I could find, decapitating the enemy phantom assassin and ogre magi here and there. A few dozen minutes later, we really started wrecking them as our invoker was  finally doing his thing and I was executing people left and right while our other carries tried to not die. The funniest moment happened during an attempted roshan by the enemy team. Lifestealer and Phantom Assassin were trying to kill him when we jumped in, followed by the rest of the enemy team. Enemy disruptor and ogre magi were content in being away from the main fight and focusing me for whatever reason, when their phantom assassin desperately jumped to one of them with a sliver of health left, trying to escape from the main fight, ending up right next to me and getting promptly culled by Axe.

We won the game soon after with me and invoker having 80% of our team kills (both of us at 17 kills)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: October 15, 2014, 06:05:04 am »

Let me tell you a tale of shenanigantry, giggles, and tightened sphincters that I had the pleasure of experiencing last night (and I wish I could make this up):

After a short distraction of fighting the enemy faction in an open world PvP zone with some friends, a respawn later and I had noticed two unrelated enemies carrying trade packs through the zone. I pointed this out to one of my friends, who had also respawned, and we grabbed the packs. The owners were unfortunate casualties. Post-debate, we decided we would go all or nothing: take these two trade packs through a large amount of enemy territory, from almost the eastern-most side of the enemy continent, through highly unfriendly seas, and to our own faction's zone for a hefty turn in.

Making our way out of Windscour Savannah, we headed north to Rookboune Basin, where we tested the chance of taking the river upstream in a clipper. Unfortunately, the current was so bad, it pushed us back into Windscour. Along with the clipper, which was now upside down.

Not annoyed in the least by this minor setback, we regrouped past the rampaging rapids, and decided we would re-enact the Fellowship of the Ring, with myself and my friend being the "ring bearers" of sorts, as we were the tankiest in the group of 6 we had assembled. Except we were making our way out of Mordor, and into worse places in some cases. We headed along the eastern side of Rookborne Basin, through an area that head a number of elite enemies (to be fair, the monsters were level 45, but there were a lot of yetis), which attempted to destroy our poor pack donkeys. For the duration of that side route, we continued on foot, making it to a safe zone of sorts in a neutral town.

I had the brilliant idea of seeing where the incoming airship was heading out, and to our luck it was going directly west, across the mountains, to the equivalent of our starter zone. The thing about the starter zones is that they are "controlled" by a faction, meaning that PvP becomes much more dangerous, as you can only engage an enemy that engages you first, and nobody from your side can assist aside from healing, unless they were stupid enough to use an area of effect attack.

I climb the stairs to the airship, and make my way toward the lowering docking bridge with my friends a few levels down, and to my horror see approximately 15 of the enemy faction starting to leave the airship. I quickly turn around, hoping they didn't notice me, and luck was again on my side as most of them had trade packs themselves, or had no inclination to screw around with a level 50 in a neutral town. We make our way to the airship, and take an uneventful flight across the mountains, deeper into the heart of enemy territory, but a few steps closer to freedom.

We make our way down from the airship into Falcorth Plains, the enemy starter zone. As I mentioned before, this was a time saving, if somewhat risky maneuver, as we had no healers and would be unable to assist one another barring stray attacks on multiple people. We make our way towards the south west, with the only challenges being a dim-witted level 13 who attempted to (and failed at) taking a pack from a fully geared level 50, and an enemy farm cart, whose owner must have had a tightened sphincter for the duration of our moving around him.

We made our way into the Tigerspine Mountains, an area similar to our own second area, and still controlled by the enemy. Trotting our donkeys down the road, quickened by carrots, we strode right into the middle of a large enemy housing province without realizing it. As we approached the southern river, which would have been an avenue of basically freedom and escape, we were almost caught by some patrolling enemy guards (which are level 50, and very, very hurty), causing us to make a quick turnaround and take the opposite side of the road, delaying our departure into rowboats. Feeling the urgency start to catch up, after bypassing the guards we went further along the road, almost running smack dab into a large group of various levels, all huddled around the auction house. Apparently so absorbed in their money making, not a single once of them noticed us. Not. A. Single. One. I almost feel like we could have strode past on our donkeys, announcing ourselves with music, and still not be touched by any of them, as who really expects enemy level 50s in your second levelling zone, the most of which contains the occasional level 20 monster?

We made our way around the preoccupied purveyors of property and pesos, and finally got to the river. The home stretch took us down a fairly well covered, deeply banked river that got us most of the way out of the zone, with only a few waterfalls and a buggy physics engine to contend with. We then noticed our other problem: We would be heading directly through a rather large port town, entirely controlled by the enemy, once we got to Mahadevi. We made our way across to the opposite bank of the river, and climbed the mountain until the point where we could see the open ocean. Freedom in sight, we nearly break our donkeys with fall damage (with someone killing their horse on a longer fall, then noticing that a vine ladder existed to get down that particular cliff), and make it to the beach, where we summon a clipper. I lend some spare fuel to my friend, who activates the clipper's special ability, causing us to speed along the water, practically uncatchable by anything that didn't know where we were, and were on a direct intercept course.

After an uneventful trip across the seas to our own continent, we head to Two Crowns to turn the packs in for Charcoal Stabilizer, a reagent used in crafting and pretty highly valued. Once we get into port, we turn the trade packs in for a whopping 130% turn in rate. Not that I would imagine many people taking packs this distance anyway.

Then, we notice that an enemy trade ship has pulled in directly behind us, getting ready to offload its contents for a similar role in retrieving Charcoal Stabilizer.

Perfect.

I slap on my recently made swim fins and diving helmet, which I had made previously in that same day, and Lasso a delicious looking, squishy target off the trade ship. The fins and helmet were for the fact that if anyone is killed with a pack, they drop it, and it usually sinks all the way to the bottom of the ocean. We were well out of the range of the neutral guards as this occurred, and it became a feeding frenzy of sort, with everyone getting at least one or two packs from the enemies as they unloaded, stupidly, out of the neutral guards' ability to assist.

Then, my friend noticed that the owner of the boat had stepped off, but forgot to refresh his Owner's Mark in his haste to sell the trade packs. For reference, the Owner's Mark makes it so that any vehicle will last 1 minute, 30 seconds, during which anyone who is not the owner of that vehicle cannot attempt to drive it. I was to Lasso the person who owned the boat away, so that they would not be able to return in time to attempt refreshing the buff again.

And thus, we ended up jacking the enemy trade ship. We drove it around the harbor while still in waters within our own faction's control, meaning they were subject to the same rules as we were previously: They could only attack us if we attacked them first. A few daring adventurers attempted to run into us one at a time or stealth on to sneak away with a pack, but much like a low ELO League of Legends match, they simply got focused down one at a time as they walked in single file into a teamfight, a warning to those 20 or so enemy characters who had been on the trade ship and now were swimming around like sharks waiting for the kill. Or more like goldfish, as they seemed to forget that their teammate just got obliterated three seconds later, and would send fodder after us like this for a while.

We kept the enemy trade ship moving around in circles in a small bay well east of the turn in point, so if they did manage to get on, we would have plenty of time to hunt down any stragglers. We summoned our own galleon, a behemoth of a ship with 4 cannons to a side, and began laying broadside after broadside volley into the trade ship, all while avoiding our persistent pursuers and preventing our own ship from being appropriated Finally, the enemy ship broke, and the trade packs were ours to take, with everyone from our small, still 6 man group each getting at least one pack from the trade ship itself.

We turn in the packs to Ezna harbor, right as ANOTHER enemy trade ship comes in. They were with the same guild as the previous goofballs, and were forewarned enough to not leave the wheel of the ship unmanned, but we managed to get a few stragglers as they ferried trade packs inbetween the ship and the turn in point. We turn in whatever else we can scrounge from the harbor floor, and finally begin wrapping up for the night. I play a little customized music tune, recognizable as the first three seconds of the Final Fantasy 7 Victory Fanfare, bowing to and thanking each of the contributing enemy faction members in turn, as they (unintentionally) provided a sizable boost in income and crafting materials to our guild.

I finally realized after the elation of the last two and a half hours' events that I should have gone to bed, well, two hours ago, as it was now 6:30am. I went to bed giddy with anticipation of future nights such as this, and fell asleep with a cat at my side and a smile on my face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:08:27 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: October 15, 2014, 10:33:36 am »

I need to try that game now... that sounds awesome!

Edit:  Is there a bay12 guild?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3318 on: October 15, 2014, 06:51:45 pm »

Single playthrough, first time in months, on Firefox, 61.58 seconds (Level: Hard (only difficulty), made it to Hexagon (60 seconds minimum)).

Damn, I'm good. Would've unlocked Super Hard Mode if were full version (Which I already did on Steam).

Super Hexagon Demo (Humble Mozilla Bundle)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:56:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: October 15, 2014, 07:07:18 pm »

Battled Darvi and Reverie in Smash Bros 4. They were damn good, but I pulled off two wins. The final match, Darvi and Rev teamed up against me, and I tried my darndest to not lose, but in the end their Thoron game was2stronk.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: October 15, 2014, 07:26:30 pm »

I want a 3DS. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: October 15, 2014, 08:08:48 pm »

I want a 3DS. ;_;

although I might buy a Wii U solely for smash

and Bayo

and Hyrule Warriors

and the inevitable metroid game

i just want a wii u okay

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: October 15, 2014, 08:28:35 pm »

3DS good. WiiU great.
I love having my own money.
I love having set aside some of my budget as "wasting money". Though I did save my "wasting money" for a few weeks to save up to buy the WiiU when it came out.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: October 15, 2014, 08:47:50 pm »

I found out why it's so easy to die without ever seeing your opponent in this game; the PK is almost 100% accurate as long as you go prone and switch to first person mode. In one part of a mission, you're pursued by Russians while escaping with civilians in tow. With an assault rifle, aiming down a steep hill at camoflauged enemies at 200+ meters, I never even got a glancing hit. But when I tried again with a machine gun, I singlehandedly destroyed the Russian patrol before they were even in position.

Operation Flashpoint CWC.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: October 15, 2014, 10:52:44 pm »

I want a 3DS. ;_;
Steal one from the store :3
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: October 15, 2014, 11:04:23 pm »

I want a 3DS. ;_;
Steal one from the store :3
I want one, but it won't pay my bills. Nah.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: October 16, 2014, 03:47:49 pm »

i has 3ds

i wants wiiu

I NEEDS WIIU
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: October 16, 2014, 03:58:22 pm »

I has 3DS and WiiU cuz college student with disposable income and dumb with money.

Can't stick to one game long enough to make either a worthwhile investment. :<

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: October 16, 2014, 04:47:06 pm »

I don't have either of those things...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: October 16, 2014, 04:48:18 pm »

I don't have either of those things...
Don't feel bad, mastah. Neither do I, although I do sell them.

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 711