Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329634 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2700 on: June 03, 2014, 06:36:29 pm »

Parachuting is so much fun, I never even thought about trying to land the thing! Funny! :p
G
Wot?
I don't know how that got there,I don't remember making that post.
Ghost post.

D:
Your posts are talking to you...  :o
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: June 03, 2014, 09:21:08 pm »

Parachuting is so much fun, I never even thought about trying to land the thing! Funny! :p
G
Wot?
I don't know how that got there,I don't remember making that post.
Ghost post.

D:
Your posts are talking to you...  :o

I love you guys. <3
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: June 05, 2014, 07:53:52 am »

I kneed Furtuka in the chest, sending him sailing through the air and landing out of the ring.

"Tomato DOES know lenshu!"
~GUNINANRUNIN

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: June 05, 2014, 04:28:47 pm »

I ran away so early and my neighbors were so meek/unable to access resources I quit.

I started in Charlemagne's element.  That is to say a river-plains with a few hills and 2 grassland elephants.  Some plains wheat and some easily accessible copper let me pump out stonehenge in my second city.  While that was happening I was securing floodplains from my two neighbors, Darius and Isabella.  Darius was apparently working on a wonder, because he didn't expand and had the worst military score by the time I built 7 axes.  Cue me declaring on him when Issi lost a city to the barbs.  He was a pushover; didnt ever have slavery yet (the ai has been known pump out three archers per whip, which is bullcrap).

Issi didn't last long after the two Persian cities fell.  By that time I had 9 workers out, cottaging everything self-sustaining.  And with that my research was 10%, but I was able to peace issi for alphabet, so I traded for the basics and in 30 or so turns was back up to 40%.  I quit.  Only stalin was above 60% my strength, on a 7 person map (Darius was dead, I count as 1 of 7).

CIV
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:30:19 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: June 05, 2014, 07:03:36 pm »

I pulled a maneuver too hard and ripped a wing clean off of an experimental cargo plane.  No abort system, so I consider the kerbal  basically lost.  The plane starts falling backwards, that was a pretty heavy wing, so it's sudden removal must have screwed up the balance, and I realize that that may be a godsend.

Once I get near the ground I punch the throttle and activate all the engines. (it has an extra two engines that are usually off to save gas but I figure I can turn on if the kethane becomes too heavy) and the plane manages to slow down to the point where it is basically hovering a few feet off the ground.  I cut engine power a bit too slowly and it goes up a bit before crashing back to the ground, but the maneuver managed to save the cockpit.

Woo I saved a kerbal from certain death!  And it probably would have looked pretty cool to a bystander to see this huge super heavy cargo jet just hover in the air at tree level for a few seconds, all 6 engines on full blast.

KSP
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: June 05, 2014, 07:05:46 pm »

Hey guys, I heard you like wonders so I built a wonder on a wonder so you can wonder while you wonder (built Machu Pichu on...that silver mountain natural wonder)

Civ5 TUTORIAL, YES THATS RIGHT I DID THIS IN THE TUTORIAL AND THE TUTORIAL CAN'T SAVE AND NOW I'M SAD...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: June 05, 2014, 07:49:33 pm »

Hey guys, I heard you like wonders so I built a wonder on a wonder so you can wonder while you wonder (built Machu Pichu on...that silver mountain natural wonder)

Civ5 TUTORIAL, YES THATS RIGHT I DID THIS IN THE TUTORIAL AND THE TUTORIAL CAN'T SAVE AND NOW I'M SAD...
Machu Pichu actually kicks major butt.  IRL too.  Vacation homes of the rich, enh?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: June 06, 2014, 11:11:35 am »

Did some kind of twist move while holding Uke's head, ripping it off. Pummeled him a bit more while landing, doing some kind of handstand to land. While it's clear I have no idea how to martial arts, that was pretty damn funny to watch.

People's heads are surprisingly easy to remove.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

blazing glory

« Reply #2708 on: June 06, 2014, 05:36:05 pm »

People's heads are surprisingly easy to remove.

If Dwarf Fortress is any example then it's because of the thin skulls.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: June 06, 2014, 08:11:52 pm »

Managed to build a working tactical bomber. It's surprisingly maneuverable despite its size. I armed it with 15000lb thermobaric bombs, and landed a copy of it just outside the Space Center to do a test.

I flew towards it in another copy, and dropped one of the bombs. The bomb landed on the cockpit, completely decimating the entire target. The pieces all flew away, and some of them struck my underbelly, damaging my landing gears.

I think it works.

Modded Kerbal Space Program.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: June 06, 2014, 10:41:13 pm »

Flew another plane to a kethane deposit.  This one big enough to haul a larger tank.  It takes 3 straight days of drilling to fill the tank (12 solar plates aren't enough to supply a single small drill at full output it seems).  It struggles to take off again but manages it.  It even gets back up to cruising altitude with the full tank.

I come in to land at the space center... and slip off the runway, dipping one of the wings and the attached engine low enough that they break off on the runway, causing the plane to go into a tumble and shred killing the pilots.

But as I look through the wreckage I see the kethane tank is still 100% intact!  I carefully tow the tank back to the kethane storage and fill er up.

Amazing Mission Success!

KSP
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: June 07, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »

Can't build up suitable defences fast enough. I can get a ground perimiter but then don't have time for anti-air so my infrastructure at the rear gets destroyed and I run out of energy and can't get it to the front and die.

Yes I finally managed this. It took an hour and another two restarts before I managed to survive long enough to build the forge and a bunch of reactors (in energy debt the entire time), but once I did it was just slow and gruelling progress towards victory.

Then I looked at the high scores though. I think maybe other people have magic powers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: June 07, 2014, 08:39:36 pm »

See that there's a new Planetfallian map on Colonial Space, play it, beat it in under 10 minutes. Am one of the first 10 people to post a score.

WHOHOO! I beat a PF map without the use of weapons even! Even though it's probably his easiest map yet; even he hasn't been able to beat some maps that he was going to submit yet, though, so I still feel this is an OWN.

Creeper World 3, custom maps section.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: June 07, 2014, 08:48:16 pm »

Can't build up suitable defences fast enough. I can get a ground perimiter but then don't have time for anti-air so my infrastructure at the rear gets destroyed and I run out of energy and can't get it to the front and die.

Yes I finally managed this. It took an hour and another two restarts before I managed to survive long enough to build the forge and a bunch of reactors (in energy debt the entire time), but once I did it was just slow and gruelling progress towards victory.

Then I looked at the high scores though. I think maybe other people have magic powers.
Was this the one with conveyor belts? Because I think I aced that one in record (but not showing my name in) time.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: June 08, 2014, 02:32:15 am »

I think it's a map of the PC game, not the free internet version.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 711