Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331577 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1335 on: April 10, 2013, 01:03:31 pm »

Vibranium bombs are fun, rainbow asplosions are the best variety.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 10, 2013, 01:07:57 pm »

Yeah, a big ball o' vibranium with some ASIM in it makes for awesome explosions.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1337 on: April 10, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »

I use a lattice of breakable metal with rings of vibranium. Gives a nice three stage boom.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 12, 2013, 01:41:28 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 12, 2013, 06:45:37 am »

I don't know what the hell that game was, but it was awesome. Sadly, my first run hit the student council.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 12, 2013, 10:49:05 pm »

Siege at south hills started going badly.  Commander said to bail and fall back.  The gate is on a cliffside platform with some shallow water at the bottom.  I'm cut off from the stairs the rest of my squad is retreating down and I start moving towards the edge to jump for the deeper water a little bit from the cliff.

But I'm being attacked, at least 10 enemies, possibly more.  I get crippled, a movement slowing effect, I'll never make the jump with a normal leap.  So I get to the railing and use a skill that throws me away from my target, hoping I would hit the deep water that way, but it's harder to aim, and I fire off a few degrees off.

And I hit deep water, I made it.  I went at an angle that would have been fatal if I jumped normally, even at full speed, but using the move gave me enough distance to make it.

But some of the enemies see I lived and jump down after me...
...and splatter on the rocks.

Only one makes the jump, intelligently going for the part of the deep water that can be reached.  The others up top choose to pursue the rest of my squad instead.  As a ranger I have the advantage in the water (rangers have a nickname 'Aquaman') and I defeat the one surviving pursuer.  I then escape and rejoin my squad at the side of the lake where a supply camp is.  I indirectly killed 3 enemy soldiers to fall damage, and directly killed one.  I like those numbers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:51:14 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 13, 2013, 07:14:44 am »

Increased my record by about 50%(25km to 38km). And who knew the Buffalo Bills would make two touchdowns(one of them got an achievement for a long distance rush) in one game?

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 13, 2013, 09:16:39 am »

Increased my record by about 50%(25km to 38km). And who knew the Buffalo Bills would make two touchdowns(one of them got an achievement for a long distance rush) in one game?

Rin has no arms.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 13, 2013, 09:58:14 am »

Warthunder. And spent the entire match being insulted by my own team. Not many people like me in this game >: I don't know why.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:13 am »

Warthunder. And spent the entire match being insulted by my own team. Not many people like me in this game >: I don't know why.

too good for them i guess

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 13, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

Rin has no arms.
Oh.

... :-[

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 13, 2013, 12:22:16 pm »

Rin has no arms.
Oh.

... :-[
Just about every person in the source is disabled in some way. Including the guy been smacked around in Katawa Crash :P

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:24:04 pm by Sirus »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 13, 2013, 12:31:10 pm »

Sniping with a wrangled Mini-Sentry gun feels so good.

I was on 2Fort, and I got an achievement, unlocking the Gunslinger. I could now build mini sentries (and had +25 max health). These build 3x faster than normal sentries but can't be upgraded. I put one up on the battlements where snipers usually reside, so my minisentry had a vantage of oncoming enemies.

They only cost 100 metal, so you can build two (one at a time) before running out.

I also had a level 3 Dispenser near me, so I could refill my metal supplies to replace any broken minisentries.

Then, using my Wrangler, to take over the aiming system of my Minisentry, I saw a sniper on the opposing battlements. The best part about the wrangler is it projects a shield over the sentry/minisentry, reducing incoming damage. So, because sentries can't be  headshot, having no heads, and the shielding nullifying 65% of damage, I sat there gunning down incoming fighters alone for the first 10 minutes of the match. Until a spy managed to sap my sentry then get away...

But, because I had the Frontier Justice (gain 1 revenge crit when sentry is killed per kill the sentry did, EG 1 revenge crit if it killed 1 before blowing up), I then went on a rampage with my 12 free criticals, ripping a hole through most of the opposing team before being killed, allowing two Scouts to push through to the intel. ;D

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 13, 2013, 10:01:40 pm »

Sure, I could just smack the guy on the back of the head for a silent kill, but I'd rather just make his head asplode by draining him and still have stealthy kill. Plus, why bother picking up a sniper rifle when I can just mind-control the sniper, kill everyone, then jump him off a tower?

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
Now you're just making me sad.
But, on a related note, I figured out how to activate the Ultimate Drill Works.
Still haven't figured out what causes Multiball. I'm pretty sure it involves hitting Shizune, but I'm not sure what the trigger is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 13, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »

You managed to get Ultimate Drill Works?! Dude, I still haven't seen that and I've been trying D:
Spoiler: Multiball (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 711