Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330791 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #720 on: September 26, 2012, 09:04:05 am »

After a long stretch of getting my ass handed to me, things started to pick up and i just won 5 matches in a row (spread out over a couple days). I'm still only in Bronze league, but screw it, i'm still happy i'm turning the tables and starting to get some friggin wins.

Starcraft 2.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:11:15 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 27, 2012, 02:57:28 am »

Several squad mates saying "rocket launchers arent the best anti-infantry weapon..."

I proved them wrong.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Obviously, they were doing it wrong.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #722 on: September 27, 2012, 03:34:48 am »

Fighting in a game of D&D, dual wielding.

I rolled two natural twenties and confirmed both as crits. *Fist pump*
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 27, 2012, 03:53:20 am »

Nobody ever expects Voltar to actually being able to deal damage. So when you've gone for a Drone/Turret Healbot build, getting 7 kills and no deaths in a single match is amusing. My kills even outnumbered that of my team's Lonestar at one point!

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 28, 2012, 01:50:25 am »

Using night-vision goggles, silenced weapons to shoot out lamps, and a whole lot of patience, I snuck through a Nazi base without taking a single life.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 28, 2012, 11:17:36 am »

The Empire started hitting isolated planets hard with groups of Acclimators and Tartans(only these two). And then, all of a sudden, they stopped. Fleets sent to reclaim the taken systems found only the ships that originally attacked. And beyond that, almost nothing. Planets were guarded at most by a single Acclimator, a single Tartan Cruiser, and a level 1 space station. Ground defenses were often literally non-existant. Ryloth had only a Research Lab on it(besides angry Twi'leks). Except for Byss and Coruscant being complete fortresses both on the ground and in space, Imperial resistance was almost nothing.

Seriously, I've taken more casualties fighting the Black Sun than the Empire.
I think I broke the AI.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 29, 2012, 07:51:42 am »

A very small ownage, but in keepie uppie, i managed to take out a dropship engine by flying over it and i SURVIVED.
Died a bit later after spinning around a few times but recovering and finally flying into a mountain.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:08 pm »

I looted bait from a dead bandit and decided to use it. I moved away and already heard what sounded like hoofbeats. The only problem with that was that I was in Tall Trees. I turned around and a GIGANTIC GRIZZLY BEAR WAS RIGHT THERE. I shot it in the face with my repeater, but it lived. It lunged, and I quickly shot it in the throat. It fell.

Shortly after, I killed and skinned a boar. I was heading back towards town and heard more huge running sounds. I turned and shot another grizzly in the head with my Carcano. Immediately there was the angry roar of yet another grizzly.Three shots with a Mauser and it died. Another bear was right behind the one I just killed. I went crazy and fire 2 shots to the head and 3 to the body. The bear died.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 30, 2012, 04:23:27 am »

I don't know if this counts, but in the Sims 3 my genetic experiment has started bearing fruit. I made a family with ludicrously oversized ears and noses, and set them rampant in the neighbourhood, letting the Story Progression work on it.

Now there's little tiny HUGE EARED or HUGE NOSED children everywhere.
Also it seems that twins aren't identical at all.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 30, 2012, 05:34:22 am »

Snip

Reminds me off fighting against both empire and rebellion with the ridicously overpowered Zahn faction. I just bunkered up on a few planets, build spacestations up to max level, gathered some cash and let them smash their fleets while I build up my army. Seriously, with a building tech tree that starts with a +2000 income building and the ability to repair things with money in midfight you can hold of anything by just throwing money at it.  Also, the Zhan spacestation gets it's own superweapon from Lvl 3(unless rebel and empire who have to build them seperatly), and the computer doesn't know how to adjust to this strategy.

They could break it easily by just hanging back and bombing the station with missiles/fighters, bombers, untill I run out of funds. But they insist instead on getting their capital ships in range, allowing my station to take them out with ease.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:36:35 am by 10ebbor10 »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 01, 2012, 06:05:18 pm »

First, I dug to the bottom of the map. Then, I planted a stack of TNT all the way back up to the surface. Then I lit it.

BOOM! New bottomless pit!

Then, deciding that this wasn't the most I could do in creative mode, I built a bigass diving board at the very top level. Then I noticed it was nightime, and there was a skeleton wandering... I summoned myself a diamond sword and jumped down with it to watch it fall.

It was a long drop.

-Minecraft-
Using my friends account.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 01, 2012, 06:11:52 pm »

I love Empire at War. It was a nice little "4X lite" and while I don't really enjoy the Star Wars setting all that much Empire at War seemed to do the setting quite well. There were all these little snippets of lore about planets and units that were rather interesting and everything was nicely varied. The main draw for me was the beautiful space battles with the rather impressive (at the time) cinematic cam which made the battles feel really rewarding. Land battles generally drew out too long for my liking although I have no idea how you'd fix that.
I never did buy the expansion. I should get a copy and see if there's a modding community for the game. Maybe even try multiplayer with a friend since I've only played it singleplayer.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 02, 2012, 07:15:44 am »

I don't know if this counts, but in the Sims 3 my genetic experiment has started bearing fruit. I made a family with ludicrously oversized ears and noses, and set them rampant in the neighbourhood, letting the Story Progression work on it.

Now there's little tiny HUGE EARED or HUGE NOSED children everywhere.
Also it seems that twins aren't identical at all.

Hehehe, nice! :P I haven't played number three yet, sadly, so I have no idea just how 'Story Progression' works. Can you... Fast-foward things, or some such? The Sims might just have to be the next game I pick up.

As for my ownage, well uh, I haven't really played any games for a while, but the other day I trounced family members in Wii tennis.
Not that impressive individually, but I had them both as a team against me. They actually managed to beat me once(due to my computer-controlled team-mate letting us down), but then I took control of both people on my team and was pretty well unstoppable.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 02, 2012, 11:02:22 am »

Killed the Hyperion president Handsome Jack and an Hyperion shotgun. Take that Bi...

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 02, 2012, 11:21:02 am »

First, I dug to the bottom of the map. Then, I planted a stack of TNT all the way back up to the surface. Then I lit it.

BOOM! New bottomless pit!

Then, deciding that this wasn't the most I could do in creative mode, I built a bigass diving board at the very top level. Then I noticed it was nightime, and there was a skeleton wandering... I summoned myself a diamond sword and jumped down with it to watch it fall.

It was a long drop.

-Minecraft-
Using my friends account.

That aint shit compared to tekkit.
But its a VERY fun thing to do.
Protip: put some water and magma on the edge of the pit. Gives cool effects.

My ownage:
Doing a redemption mission so i could get the doggam blueprints from the UTA, i easily destroyed all the civvie ships.
Suddenly, "Civilian flagship incoming".
Oh fuck, shit is going to get real.
Turned out they send a huge-ass spacedick to fight me.
My tug and turtle heads took it out easily, as he didnt bring any little friend sto degrade our armors/take down our shields.
First half of the dual mount turret :D

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 711