Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Walk it off oh wait  (Read 1690 times)

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Walk it off oh wait
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:45:16 pm »

Ok my guy is jacked up bad his left foot is colored yellow hes lost his ability to stand i think because it says motor nerve damaged
and sensory nerve damaged so doctor's will he walk again ? he also has a artery torn

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Walk it off oh wait
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:17 pm »

The artery is a toughie, you may ensanguinate.

As for the nerve damage, it's permanent, but I think getting crutches might help you walk.
Everybody!

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:50:27 pm »

The artery is a toughie, you may ensanguinate.

As for the nerve damage, it's permanent, but I think getting crutches might help you walk.

ok well ill just let him die

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:59:08 pm »

Well the yellow stuff will heal, just not the nerve damage...
 Don't let him die though, retire him, so he can live out his days until being killed by a different version of you.
Everybody!

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 03:07:16 am »

Well the yellow stuff will heal, just not the nerve damage...
 Don't let him die though, retire him, so he can live out his days until being killed by a different version of you.
will i be able to find him ?

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41:41 am »

Yes, if you go into the town you retired him in, he'll be around there somewhere.

Also if you equip a crutch you'll be able to stand. Ad you can even keep using weapons with a crutch, plus crutchwalking increases your agility!
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 07:58:17 am »

You can be a crippled ninja! You can swear to fight crime and destroy the terrors of the night, until a spider bites you and you decide to go and fight more crime. However, one day, when you are fighting pollution, some radioactive shit is spilled over you and you go blind, but you find that you can SEE still, in more detail, and that your REAL homeworld is Krypton!
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 02:29:55 pm »

...Really, Krypton? That place that Superman was born in that exploded fifty years ago when he was born?

You are just crazy there  8)

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 01:34:26 am »

Actually you can walk it off, sort of.

With a crutch you can get pretty much completely back to normal. I had a character with a missing leg and a missing arm and he was still kicking ass once he got his crutch walking skill up to legendary.

Basically go to a general store, get a crutch, go someplace safe, hit Ctrl-R, walk left 10 times, walk right 10 times, hit Ctrl-R again, then hit Ctrl-P until your movement rate is back up to something decent. You can also hit shift+s to go into sneak mode and get sneaking+crutchwalking practice at the same time.

Ideally find a safe location like a keep in a fort or a lair so you can just walk back and forth 24 hours a day for several days without getting attacked. Just ignore the drowsy condition.

This may not be worth the trouble if the character hasn't skilled up to the point where he's actually worth recovering.